Hugh Freeze

I guess most people on this board are too young to remember Ole Miss in their glory days. I remember the End if their glory days in the late 60s and early 70s, in the 50s and 60s Ole Miss was a major major power... They could get there again.

Hugh is doing a good job so far. We'll see over the next few years if he's really capable of competing at the highest level.

Yeah I'll admit Freeze has gotten off to a great start but ask yourself two questions: Is Ole Miss ever going to win a NC and is he going to be consistently delivering winning seasons? It's a legit question: Ole Miss isn't in the upper tier of schools. Traditionally, Ole Miss hasn't been that caliber of school.

Ole Miss probably won't win a NC, but the way it looks currently, UT won't either. Mississippi is actually a good football state (#1 per capita for players in the NFL last I checked) and Ole Miss is recruiting pretty good nationally. Will likely end up with a top 10 or top 5 class if Nkemdiche commits.

I am an Ole Miss fan and he has been incredible. I was really skeptical on the hire. I have heard from people that know Freeze well say that he is actually a UT fan as well. Has always liked the Vols. Lots of people say UT may be the only school he'd leave Ole Miss for.

BTW, the AD is awesome, but he didn't make the hire. Archie Manning and some guy from FedEx did.

This is entirely false.

Sorry, but anyone who tries to say this guy isn't dirty is full of s***. He's been cheating ever since he coached HS.

Reactions: 2 people
Any proof or are you just going to throw out a libelous statement with zero evidence?

Oher recruitment

Oher wanted to go to Tennessee, but Freeze was friends with boosters from Ole Miss who eventually adopted Oher. Oher signs with Ole Miss and next thing Freeze is getting a position on the staff

Funny thing is, the movie made Oher out like he couldnt play a lick, which is false. Oher was an All-State lineman before the official adoption. Thats why the NCAA came calling.

Funny thing is, the movie made Oher out like he couldnt play a lick, which is false. Oher was an All-State lineman before the official adoption. Thats why the NCAA came calling.

Oh I agree that the Blindside is complete crap. The Tuohys are a joke.

NCAA didn't hit OM with any sanctions, though.

Reactions: 1 person
Hugh Freeze is blowing up. He completely turned around a 10-loss team, and he is making big impact in recruiting at Ole Miss.

For me, this is more reason to hate Hambone.

Any proof or are you just going to throw out a libelous statement with zero evidence?

Besides funneling Hardy and Oher to Ole Miss and offering jobs to relatives of recruits that he wants? I just assume that he's doing what he did at Briarcrest on a much larger scale.

Some years back, people were publicly questioning a highly ranked and highly suspect class that Ron Zook put together at Illinois. And nothing came of it. Same thing will happen here.

Wasn't Freeze at Lambuth (NAIA school) only 4 years ago? Amazing rise to D1 in such a short time.

I think I will drive down to Miss. and drive around in the rain till I see a giant of a man, take him home and let him sleep on my couch. Then I will pay for his private school, adopt him and brainwash him into playing for Tennessee. What? Was it wrong of me?

Reading comprehension fail.

That poster said he has been cheating ever since high school implying that he has cheated everywhere he has been. Was he cheating at Ark. State? Still not sure how he cheated in HS (was he illegally recruiting then?) unless you consider probably telling Oher to go to Ole Miss (Oher's adopted parents were telling him the same thing). It is not really uncommon for a coach to like a particular college or coaching staff. Hell, he may be cheating for all I know, but he still hasn't offered any legitimate proof.

Last edited:
Hugh Freeze is giving Ole Miss the kind of turn around that only money can buy. Cleverly concealed money.

Reactions: 2 people
Hugh Freeze just got the top recruit in the nation. This guy is ballin this year. Team is dangerous is he keeps recruiting like this..

They also just got the top OT (along with the #3 OT) and they already had the top WR in the nation

VN Store

Back