The Weightlifters Thread

Did as close to a full strength workout this morning as I could. First time in a long time and it felt really GOOD! Really light weights though, felt like a total wimp. Doesn't scare me (shoulder wise) since it's high reps and light weight.

I am still freaked out by pushups. Got to be all mental. The bone spur is gone so there's nothing scraping the tendon as I move, and the tear should be healed by now. When doc released me, he said do what I feel like I can do, and that I can't hurt anything (everything is healed.) I tried wall pushups, and stopped after three. I gotta get past that. Not doing anything overhead on shoulders. Maybe later.

Bicep and tricep work was all with 5lb weights. Pre-injury I was using 8lbs on bicep/hammer curls (46 curls plus pulsing, 36 hammer curls). I'll work back up to that. All the lower body stuff was using 5's too, just because I am so conscious of holding weight in my right hand. Ugh.

I'm old. I lost so much ground with that stupid injury! Gonna be a pita to gain it all back, but I'll just take it one day at a time.

Glad to hear your better and starting back Volley...keep at it....

I'm frustrated right now bc up until this past Tuesday I was hitting it hard and progressing beyond what I had planned but apparently I have did something to my knee....the outside of my right knee is absolutely killing me... I can't walk with any pressure on it....can't bend down...hurts to even stretch my hammy....and no clue what I even did to hurt it....going to do upper body but really disappointed bc my lower was really progressing....

Anybody with any clue to what I may have done or what it could b....

Went to doctor today....no squats or dead lifts for a couple weeks....I have Lateral Band Syndrome....it's the band of muscle from ur hip to your knee....strained and inflamed...

So now I have pain med plus muscle relaxer=happy happy happy

Went to doctor today....no squats or dead lifts for a couple weeks....I have Lateral Band Syndrome....it's the band of muscle from ur hip to your knee....strained and inflamed...

Oh, that sucks! I love dead lifts!!

Follow docs' orders and don't delay your recovery.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks....I will...just frustrating when something like this happens and your actually doing good in your workouts

Tell me about it. I don't lift heavy weight, but I do strength straining and felt like I was doing good for
somebody my age. Then the shoulder injury happened
and screwed everything up. I feel like I'm having to
start all over now.

I just wanna be able to do a decent about of pushups
with great form. Is that too much to ask? Gah.

I've been dealing with bad it bands for years.

Start stretching and take up yoga.

Need some motivation. I've only into the gym 3 weeks in almost the past two months between holidays, being sick and work. It's gonna be hard to get going next week.

This month started with high hopes and it started off well but I went from 3rd shift to1st on the 8th and my body seemed to never really adjust then the injury to my leg prevents me from doing legs for another week Makes this month a wash.....go back on 3Rd Friday so I can get back into my normal routine....come on February...b good to a brother....now I'm headed to gym.....CHEST DAY....BEAST MODE TIME!!!!

Maybe I should look into getting a foam roller, too. I've been having lower back pain that's made me give up deadlifts for about 2 to 3 months, and I quit doing squats a month ago too. The pain won't go away on its own... :sad:

I never thought I would miss deadlifts so much.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow...my muscles are really confused....I have to take muscle relaxer and pain med for my knee and then I take my pre workout....lol....muscles are like HEY U WANT US TO RELAX OR LIFT SOMETHING HEAVY....workout didnt last long.....got tired quick

VN Store

Back