2013 Silly Season

Big news today is that Chase Elliott will run 9 truck races and 5 ARCA races this year. His truck schedule includes Martinsville x2. Iowa x2, Rockingham, Dover, Bristol. Mosport, and Phoenix. Really interested to see how he does, I just hope he isn't the next high profile bust.

Big news today is that Chase Elliott will run 9 truck races and 5 ARCA races this year. His truck schedule includes Martinsville x2. Iowa x2, Rockingham, Dover, Bristol. Mosport, and Phoenix. Really interested to see how he does, I just hope he isn't the next high profile bust.

Out of curiosity, who would you consider a high profile bust?

Joey lagono(sp?)

Although he has definitely been a disappointment since being labeled "sliced bread", his career as a Cup Series driver is still going and you can't quite label him a bust yet. If he loses his new ride with Penske and is bumped down to Nationwide full time then yes. He has a chance to turn it around, but he is straddling the bust fence.

Lagano is the biggest bust as of late that I can think of. Well, except for Earnhardt Jr.

I was waiting on someone to name Jr. I don't know that you could consider Jr a bust. Has he lived up to his fathers name... No, but I don't think I would consider him a bust. He has won a fair amount of races just no championships.

If not having as good of a career as your legendary father makes you a bust than Kyle Petty needs to be labeled a bust before Dale Jr.

Came out of Nashville. Drove for Evernham. Great talent, just got pushed too hard too fast to be the next Jeff Gordon

When I see Logano struggling I think of Atwood. It's almost the same scenario. A driver with great potential moved up the ranks before he is ready.

I was waiting on someone to name Jr. I don't know that you could consider Jr a bust. Has he lived up to his fathers name... No, but I don't think I would consider him a bust. He has won a fair amount of races just no championships.

He has always had the best equipment. Always. He has won 2 races (one by fuel mileage) since leaving DEI. Take away the superspeedway races (in cars that his dad were instrumental in building) and he has less than a handful of wins. He has been over hyped his whole career. You put alot of the underfunded drivers in the equipment he has had access to and i guarantee you they would have won more than he has. He is a publicity stunt, nothing more.

He has always had the best equipment. Always. He has won 2 races (one by fuel mileage) since leaving DEI. Take away the superspeedway races (in cars that his dad were instrumental in building) and he has less than a handful of wins. He has been over hyped his whole career. You put alot of the underfunded drivers in the equipment he has had access to and i guarantee you they would have won more than he has. He is a publicity stunt, nothing more.

I think a lot of people try to hold him to his fathers standard and that's something Jr isn't. He isn't his dad. I don't think that makes him a bust. As far as since leaving DEI I think the COT has a lot to do with it. Jr has said several times that he has ever felt right in the COT. I will be interested to see if this new car changes anything.

If not having as good of a career as your legendary father makes you a bust than Kyle Petty needs to be labeled a bust before Dale Jr.

I doubt anybody would argue one is a bust and the other isn't. Kyle is basically a poor mans Fale Jr.

He's not a bust based on his stats just a bust when you compare his stats to his opinion of himself.

Jeff Burton is another guy that seems to think he's more important in the garage area than everyone else.

I can see Harvick having that opinion of himself, but not Burton. What gives you reason to think that he thinks that way?

He's not a bust based on his stats just a bust when you compare his stats to his opinion of himself.

Jeff Burton is another guy that seems to think he's more important in the garage area than everyone else.

Harvick would have 8-10 Cups by now if they were given away for mouth running.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back