Coach Elder Tweet (shot at Vandy)

fa40d5ea-48dc-4d68-9b07-ee61ac5acf11_145.jpg

+

Img1-woodshed.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
And Tusculum College was founded in 1794 and who is to say that wasn't the 1st college in Tennessee.

This Vandy stuff is getting out of hand. Yes, they beat UT in 2012. You people hanging on Franklin's nuts is getting out of hand. Clinging to a UT coach's Twitter message....LAME! YES LAME.

Since you specifically chose to respond to my post, allow me to say, "Cool your jets, pal." Nashville is home to Belmont, Trevecca, Lipscomb, TSU, Fisk and Vanderbilt, and I may be forgetting a college or two off the top of my head, so I consider it a very valid point to say that Vandy can not legitimately claim to be the University of Nashville. I don't know what day Tusculum College was founded, but, as you are undoubtedly aware, UT began as Blount College, also in 1794. There is, however, only one "University of Tennessee."

Personally, my contempt for Vanderbilt is Cafegoesque. Living in Nashville and having an uncle who was a Vanderbilt baseball coach in the 1970s, Tennessee-Vanderbilt is a family war that has persisted, through thick and thin, for forty years. So Franklin, to me, is a fly-by-night phenomenon, who will bolt when the first bigger name program comes calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back