Advanced Metrics Nonsense

Yeah, but at his limited time at Duke his turnovers were pretty bad, too (6.3 ap36 and 3.4 top36). I just think he has some bad habits he needs to break. I don't think it's about his teammates...he's not winning any championships with these guys, but what I mean is they aren't hurting his productivity.

Last edited:
Alright, at Duke, he played 11 games, and four of those shouldn't count because of his injury.

Plus, he literally has no one else to help him out. He has the worst group of big men in the league with Andy Varejao. And when Varejao was playing, Kyrie was hurt.

His starting shooting guard doesn't even shoot 40% from the field. Dude has ZERO HELP.

That's a tough question. What is my alternative? There are better bargains out there, but like I said he will improve. Forgetting about salary, he's above average so if all you're asking is if he's talented enough for me to want him then the answer is yes.

Alright, at Duke, he played 11 games, and four of those shouldn't count because of his injury.

Plus, he literally has no one else to help him out. He has the worst group of big men in the league with Andy Varejao. And when Varejao was playing, Kyrie was hurt.

His starting shooting guard doesn't even shoot 40% from the field. Dude has ZERO HELP.

He has 2 good big men. Tristan Thompson is a nice player. He's outplaying Irving. I don't think anybody with 2 solid bigs can complain.

He's the 3rd best player on his team.

That's a tough question. What is my alternative? There are better bargains out there, but like I said he will improve. Forgetting about salary, he's above average so if all you're asking is if he's talented enough for me to want him then the answer is yes.

Which point guards would you take over him? Don't take salary into account.

He has 2 good big men. Tristan Thompson is a nice player. He's outplaying Irving. I don't think anybody with 2 solid bigs can complain.

He's the 3rd best player on his team.

Andy is out. Kyrie and Andy have only played four games together. And again, have you seen his wings players? Alonzo Gee and C.J. Miles? Really?

Which point guards would you take over him? Don't take salary into account.

Forget about forward thinking and his potential...if I want to win a game tomorrow, I take:

Chris Paul
Jason Kidd
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Jose Calderon
Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Darren Collison
Goran Dragic

forget about forward thinking and his potential...if i want to win a game tomorrow, i take:

Chris paul
jason kidd
rajon rondo
tony parker
jose calderon
steph curry
russell westbrook
mike conley
kyle lowry
darren collison
goran dragic

lulz.

Seriously, you "lulzed" at Calderon and Kidd? Turnovers are killers, and all those guys make a lot less mistakes than Irving...here is how many assists they get per turnover:

calderon 4.57
kidd 3.15
lowry 2.76
conley 2.36
westbrook 2.35
collison 2.26
irving 1.54

Again, he's way below average. Whatever advantage he gives his team with his scoring ability is almost erased by his inability to be an effective ball handler. He's only 20. He'll improve, but right now he's not that great.

Seriously, you "lulzed" at Calderon and Kidd? Turnovers are killers, and all those guys make a lot less mistakes than Irving...here is how many assists they get per turnover:

calderon 4.57
kidd 3.15
lowry 2.76
conley 2.36
westbrook 2.35
collison 2.26
irving 1.54

Again, he's way below average. Whatever advantage he gives his team with his scoring ability is almost erased by his inability to be an effective ball handler. He's only 20. He'll improve, but right now he's not that great.

You got play offense AND defense. I could blow by Calderon on defense right now.

Who on that list do you think Cleveand would trade Kyrie for? cmon man.

Who on that list do you think Cleveand would trade Kyrie for? cmon man.

What does that got to do with anything?...first they won't because of his potential, which does not factor into our discussion here. Second, my whole thing is that NBA teams are run horribly because they undervalue rebounds, turnovers, fouls, steals, and shooting efficiency. I agree that most teams would take Irving over Calderon, but that's because they are stupid.

okay, who would you take over Kyrie if the world wasn't magically ending after they played one game tomorrow

Dragic, Calderon, collison, and kidd are a joke. I'm the biggest mike Conley fan in the world and I would trade him for kyrie yesterday.

Dragic, Calderon, collison, and kidd are a joke. I'm the biggest mike Conley fan in the world and I would trade him for kyrie yesterday.

I'd make the trade based on potential, but there's a lot more to basketball than just scoring, and right now Irving's nothing special outside of scoring...he's a good defender, but again, a terrible ball-handler.

didn't know where to post this.

new-orleans-pelicans-logo-2.jpg

VN Store

Back