Good Article on Bray

I don't think that players today are that much quicker than 20 years ago. Maybe a hair, but not that much. If you went back to the 1960's, I would agree.

The difference is not so much the quickness, but the size. Back in the 60's, 70's, 80's, you did not have players like Clowney who is huge AND fast. When you have 260 pound players running a 4.6, it makes for a vicious collision.

The difference is not so much the quickness, but the size. Back in the 60's, 70's, 80's, you did not have players like Clowney who is huge AND fast. When you have 260 pound players running a 4.6, it makes for a vicious collision.
That is true, but my post was in response to post #44, which said that Favre would be eaten up by the quickness of today's players. Their size wasn't mentioned, but you are exactly right about the size issue and collisions. The equipment is at least better than years back, so that might help a little.

When I was at U.T. in the late 60's to early 70's, the linemen were 205-240 pounds, and not terribly fast. Linebackers around 200-215.

I'm not referring to talent, I'm referring to immature attitude.

I dont consider having a little attitude during a football game being immature. I like seeing a QB talk a little. Everyone doesnt have to have the same personality as Peyton.

I dont consider having a little attitude during a football game being immature. I like seeing a QB talk a little. Everyone doesnt have to have the same personality as Peyton.
Attitude is one thing and I don't mind it either. Rivers acts like a complete idiot at times and looks like a 12 year old. I never said they have to be like Peyton. But the QB should at least act mature enough to lead a team. I don't see that out of Rivers. A lot of QB's have attitude, even Peyton.

Example of good attitude
Peyton Manning and Jeff Saturday arguing on the sideline.mp4 - YouTube

Example of bad attitude
Phillip Rivers Flips Off The Jets!!! - YouTube

Last edited:
NFL will run this clown thru the ringer. It won't be pretty.

You got that right. He's a mental midget, his role will be the pine for a couple seasons and then he'll be released. He doesn't even have a promising career in the CFL. There QB's are more mobile.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back