The Runner's thread

4.3 miles turned into 6.3 along the country roads and pasture fields of Piney Flats. Oh and along the four lane split HWY 11E....

because I got lost...

Twice.

4.3 miles turned into 6.3 along the country roads and pasture fields of Piney Flats. Oh and along the four lane split HWY 11E....

because I got lost...

Twice.

lol

9 miles today. beat my previous time on this trail by almost 30 minutes and I was running in the snow and not really pushing myself. pretty stoked.

side note - someone hauled two living room chairs 4.5 miles up a mountain on the AT and set them up at a rock overlook. they hung one from a tree branch so it's a swing. That's what I call determination.

Embarrassing

in my defense, I don't live here, never did, just staying with a friend this weekend.

I missed one turn from the mapmyrun map I designed had to work my way back. Winding up on a 4 lane HWY scared the crap of me. There was tons of shoulder room to run on, but I definitely was very uncomfortable.

For the second time being lost, I blame a very poorly designed neighborhood. That's my story and I'm sti-sticking to it.

in my defense, I don't live here, never did, just staying with a friend this weekend.

I missed one turn from the mapmyrun map I designed had to work my way back. Winding up on a 4 lane HWY scared the crap of me. There was tons of shoulder room to run on, but I definitely was very uncomfortable.

For the second time being lost, I blame a very poorly designed neighborhood. That's my story and I'm sti-sticking to it.

Hilarious

My view for part of my run tonight. Not as cool as SDV's view but I thought it was cool. We have had a ton of rain so part of the trail was closed off. They had five of the doors all the way open.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 person
My view for part of my run tonight. Not as cool as SDV's view but I thought it was cool. We have had a ton of rain so part of the trail was closed off. They had five of the doors all the way open.

Is that Chattanooga? Looks cool, where is that?

Ran the Wanderer's Trail Race today. Did a lot better than I was expecting. I was shooting for 37 or 38 minutes, I think I came in at 34:43. Felt like dying at the end but that was a blast.

Ran it with a couple guys from work, one of them got 2nd, hah. He's quite a bit faster than me.

Weekly Total: 17.32 Miles

I'll be out of town for work this week starting tomorrow, I'll probably be running mostly on the treadmill until I get back.

Last edited:
Ran the Wanderer's Trail Race today. Did a lot better than I was expecting. I was shooting for 37 or 38 minutes, I think I came in at 34:43. Felt like dying at the end but that was a blast.

Ran it with a couple guys from work, one of them got 2nd, hah. He's quite a bit faster than me.

Weekly Total: 17.32 Miles

I'll be out of town for work this week starting tomorrow, I'll probably be running mostly on the treadmill until I get back.
Good job

Time was tight and my calves have been killing me, so i pushed through a quick speed run before dinner. 4 @ 7:25 pace. I'm happy with that.

4 very cold miles in 31:33. Temp was 25 with a wind chill of 15. It took about 1.5 miles for my legs to warm up. Ran a negative split on the back 2 miles.

3.5 tonight but forgot my phone so I have no idea how long it took. It felt fast but that doesn't mean anything.

Edit: Total of 7 for the week. Hoping to get over 13 for the week. Should be able to hit that goal as long as the weather stays decent this afternoon and Saturday.

Last edited:
5 this morning. My legs have been sore all day though. Don't know what that's all about

VN Store

Back