Your Most Hated CFB Team

What CFB Team Do You Hate The Most?

• Total voters
I am older than you Larry. Actually, that dude is right. We never even considered Florida to be any type of rival until the mid-90's. I was there when we drilled them 45-10 in 1990 and it just seemed like another game. So for the over 40 crowd, most consider Alabama to be our rival. The under 30 crowd tend to lean toward one of the teams in our division. More of a mixed bag in the 30-40 group.

And Florida does have the most bandwagon fans in the conference. The love of college football is a southern thing. Our roots are deep. Florida is full of transplanted yankees and therefore your root structure is shallow.

Blame it on the beaches...Florida fans are bandwagon front runners. Most recently, you had an 11-1 team in the Sugar Bowl run out of the tunnel to see a sea of Louisville red. 7000 fans going to New Orleans for New Years eve...hard to explain, right?

Urban stated that messing with that fanbase for six years was the equivilant of twenty years at another similar size school. That is why there are so many guys like you over here on a vols chatboard. You don't understand & are fasinated by the Vols spirit. U jelli...

Right on cue...and it's no surprise I disagree with most everything you said.

The 1990 score was 45-3, thanks for the extra TD. And that game, in my opinion, is what got this rivalry going. UT's student section mocked UF's students and UF's band about the Gainesville student murders that took place just as the fall semester started. Word got back to Gainesville following that beat down, and UT's had our full attention ever since.

I have no comeback about our Sugar Bowl attendance. It was poor, as was our team's performance. Meaningless game in the middle of the work week following NYD, against a team who wanted to be there more than we did.

Gainesville isn't exactly close to the beach, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. We can agree to disagree about the whole frontrunner status. It's a coping mechanism at best. If UF fans were all frontrunners we would have had more fans at the Sugar Bowl. Frontrunners only show up when the team is winning, unlike UT fans this past fall. Noon kickoffs and HDTV are killing CFB attendance everywhere.

Also, please don't confuse the demographics of our state population with UF having one of largest alumni bases in the Southeast.

As for why I'm here, the mods should pin the thread in this link to the top of the football forum. It has all the answers you're looking for.
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/186356-non-ut-fans-site-2.html

If life were only as simple as posting on one and only message board...some people like to understand and gain the perspective of people who share different opinions.

Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:
Alabama
auburn
Arkansas
Lsu
Miss St
Texas a&m
Ole Miss
Florida
South Carolina
Vandy
Kentucky
Georgia
Mizzou
The Big 10
The Acc
The Big east
Pac 12
Con Usa
everyone except the Big-Orange

I may not be a UT fan but I voted anyway. It was a close race between Ohio St. and USC. But in the end I picked Ohio St. Could never stand the Buckeyes and living 1 state away from Ohio I see alot of them. Urban Myer coming to coach them makes it worse, because they will be good for quite a while.

I figured Michigan would be on here. Seems that UT fans should hate Michigan.

When I was growing up, UT and Michigan were adding seats to compete with each other for bragging rights.

Then the Woodson/Manning fiasco.

Notre Dame is far and away the most hated by me.

Everyone else is way behind them.

I see Alabama as our biggest rival. I harbor no hatred for them. Big game for sure, but no hatred involved.

Spurrier made sure that I HATE the University of Florida FOREVER.

Reactions: 1 person
bammer. If we beat those jackazzes,we can lose every other game and I`d be happy. GO VOLS!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i hate them sobs from alabama so much that i have no words. i dont like the color red and think elephants are the worst species in the world

OUt of the SEC: ND and Ohio State

In it

Bama, Florida, Georgia (My cousins are all GA grads and whoever wins the game each year calls and sings rocky top.)

LSU

If I had to choose one it will ALWAYS be LSU

And yeah it's for personal reasons. By grandfather went to LSU, my aunts and uncles went to LSU. My ENTIRE family excepting my father went to LSU and they are all those bandwagon fans (My dad smartened up and went to UT!)

So EVERY FREAKING WEEK! I have to get phone calls "Did you watch the game? Did you see how good LSU was? blah blah blah. I want to tell them that half of the team needs to be in prison and I'd love to point out how corrupt the officials are there but like all LSU fans they "hear no evil and see no evil" LOL it's ridiculous.

The worst days are when LSU beat UT, I shut my phone off then. I don't want to hear it, all of the rude bragging. It wouldn't be so rude if I wasn't so courteous, I don't call when UT wins because I know they dont want to hear it. But they don't show me the same favor.

So yeah, I root for UT and the team playing against LSU.

i dunno why but i really hate ohio state. meeeshigan doesnt really bother me one way or another so its not just a general big ten hatred. of course, i wanted us to pick up tressell during the coaching search so i dunno

LSU

If I had to choose one it will ALWAYS be LSU

And yeah it's for personal reasons. By grandfather went to LSU, my aunts and uncles went to LSU. My ENTIRE family excepting my father went to LSU and they are all those bandwagon fans (My dad smartened up and went to UT!)

So EVERY FREAKING WEEK! I have to get phone calls "Did you watch the game? Did you see how good LSU was? blah blah blah. I want to tell them that half of the team needs to be in prison and I'd love to point out how corrupt the officials are there but like all LSU fans they "hear no evil and see no evil" LOL it's ridiculous.

The worst days are when LSU beat UT, I shut my phone off then. I don't want to hear it, all of the rude bragging. It wouldn't be so rude if I wasn't so courteous, I don't call when UT wins because I know they dont want to hear it. But they don't show me the same favor.

So yeah, I root for UT and the team playing against LSU.

I have precisely the same problem with Vanderbilt. My uncle was the head baseball coach there during the 1970s, so Tennessee-Vanderbilt has been an unending intrafamilial war, through thick and thin, for the last 40 years. My contempt for their program would match, perhaps even surpass, that of Coach Cafego's.

VN Store

Back