Coach Elder Tweet (shot at Vandy)

Cool... our coaches talking twitter smack with vndy fans. That is the first thing that needs to be fixed. They need to relearn their place, which is down there with KY.

Don't worry...They'll return to the pits quickly enough...In my lifetime, and I'm retired, they have beaten the Vols a total of 4 times...Saw a book "Great Vanderbilt Football Moments" but when I opened it there were only blank pages....

Reactions: 6 people
Going to have to get twitter account just to follow the coaches!! Never even thought about getting one but seems like a good tool to keep up with whats going on.

Reactions: 2 people
Vandy fans have always been obnoxious - Franklin hasn't changed that. I can remember sitting in the old box seats at Neyland that an older neighbor who'd had them since season tickets were invented let us use (the ones with the chair backs) and some Vandy folks were sitting behind us. They were dressed to the nines - I think the woman was actually wearing a mink coat lol - and utterly obnoxious.

Now, I usually get along with most fans of other teams. I believe we're all there to support our teams and have a great time in the process and while friendly jabs are all in good fun I don't like mean-spiritedness whether it comes from us or someone else. These folks just thought they and their team walked on water and exuded a level arrogance that Lane Kiffin would be proud of. They hated UT and even then their team played like it.

I've never been to a UT-Vandy game where Vandy didn't play mean. It doesn't come across on television but they have always played us not as much to win but to hurt us.

Vandy will always take jabs at us and when they do I see nothing wrong with them getting smacked down. Elder's response was funny and appropriate. It didn't cross a line of being mean or taking them too seriously.

Reactions: 1 person
Vandy will always take jabs at us and when they do I see nothing wrong with them getting smacked down. Elder's response was funny and appropriate. It didn't cross a line of being mean or taking them too seriously.

Coach Elder crushed that Vandy fan. This pissing match wasn't even a contest. :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
It is also worth noting that, long before Nashville became "Music City," it was known as the "Athens of the South" due to the host of colleges and universities in the city. Therefore, Vanderbilt cannot even legitimately claim to be the "University of Nashville."

The best smackdown by a vol coach since Dooley said "The one thing Tennessee does is beat Vandy". :rock:

That is SAD. UT's best smackdown is against Vandy! Nevermind UF, Bama, USCjr, LSU, UGA....by hell yeah, we put it on Vandy!

Good Grief!

I think it would be awesome for a flood of Vol fans to tweet this guy back with a direct counter to his tweet and the hashtag #OURSTATE.

Cool... our coaches talking twitter smack with vndy fans. That is the first thing that needs to be fixed. They need to relearn their place, which is down there with KY.

Relearn their place huh ? If you believe that you are a loser that's what you will be. It all begins between the ears. GBO

My guess is that Vandy will have a good season in 2013, due to an easy S.E.C. schedule. Remember, of all of their wins this season, only two opponents had winning records. Ole Miss & N.C. State had winning records.

They lost to U.S.C., who had a winning record. They lost to NorthWestern, who had a winning record. They lost to Georgia, who had a winning record. They lost to Florida, who had a winning record.

They beat Presbyterian, Missouri, Auburn, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Tennessee & Wake Forest.

Vandy's winning record is the product of an easy schedule.

Wait until 2014, when they play A & M, LSU or "O Bama"
Winning season's won't be that easy to get.

I predict that after next season's winning record, that Franklin will leave Vandy, because the following season the schedule will get harder thus producing a losing season. He will want to leave while on top, to go to a bigger program.....

2014 = Harder schedule + new coach = losing season for Vandy......
Yeah I think Franklin bolts and moves up soon as well.

It is also worth noting that, long before Nashville became "Music City," it was known as the "Athens of the South" due to the host of colleges and universities in the city. Therefore, Vanderbilt cannot even legitimately claim to be the "University of Nashville."

And Tusculum College was founded in 1794 and who is to say that wasn't the 1st college in Tennessee.

This Vandy stuff is getting out of hand. Yes, they beat UT in 2012. You people hanging on Franklin's nuts is getting out of hand. Clinging to a UT coach's Twitter message....LAME! YES LAME.

vandy swag!

:eek:lol:

Never thought I'd see those words used together. Kinda like girl scout firepower.

Does seem rather anathema doesn't it? Still there apparently are some on this board who are comfortable with it. They are probably wearing gold/black boxers.

So I take it you like the new Vandy swag ? Maybe you should go anchor down with them. :hi:

They are better than us right now. It will be much more disappointing to them when they fall from the highest spot they've been to in over 50 years. I enjoy that. They think they are the next Stanford. UT fans need to be concerned with UT though.

VN Store

Back