Derrick Brodus

Has to be a semester thing because CBJ doesn't strike me as a guy who would waste valuable schollies that can be used for the signing class. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Guys kicking is very dependant on pressure and nerves and not just leg strength and accuracy. Derrick had a powerful kick and distance and accuracy shouldn't be an issue for him as long as he handles the rush and the placement is good. I argue a kicker is just as reliant on a good special teams coach and great blocking obviously. Iirc he kicked for 3 years at Alcoa.

Great for Brodus.

The way he got his start is Tennessee legend now. If he had hit that extra point, he would be a bona fide Tennessee legend right now.

He helped Palardy too. When Dools put him back in after the benching, Palardy was somewhat better.

Lemme say this: now that Brodus is on scholarship, he can practice with the team for the Spring game. That will give the staff the ability to figure out who of Darr, Palardy, Brodus, and Bullock they want to keep. Probably only two of those guys are going to have a scholarship in the Fall.

Hopefully, they can get the punting and kicking situation figured out. I'm tired of 10yd punts and missed extra points. We desperately need a reliable kicking game.

Out of kindness of heart this was a good deed; however, for building a championship football program, this was incredibly stupid. He can't kick, MP can't kick. We need to give that scholarship to someone who can actually either make field goals or at least punt the ball over twenty five yards. Stupid move imo

Has to be a semester thing because CBJ doesn't strike me as a guy who would waste valuable schollies that can be used for the signing class. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I certainly hope so. We are in a position where we need more scholarships to free up if we're gonna take a full class this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I still remember vividly sitting in section K of the Florida game right behind the goal posts when he missed the extra point that killed our momentum and screwed us over. Thanks a lot Brodus. I say give Bullock a shot.

That was palardy

I just wish that out of 4 schollys the coaches can get 1 player to hit 100% of extra points. Heck maybe even 10-12 from 40 yards in

Ryan Ault is on the roster and he is really good at the extra points.

I don't care who's kicking, they just need to be consistent.

If you can make it from 50+, that's even better.

Great for Brodus.

The way he got his start is Tennessee legend now. If he had hit that extra point, he would be a bona fide Tennessee legend right now.

He helped Palardy too. When Dools put him back in after the benching, Palardy was somewhat better.

So he is our Rudy ?

Google Tennessee Florida 2012 box score. It shows Brodus as 2 of 3 extra points, and Palardy and Darr for a total of 7 punts, no place kicks.

I could've swore palardy has killed momentum with something like that at least once or twice last year and recalled florida being one.....but I guess when he consistently botches kicks it's easy to lump them all together.....either way I think if brodus can zone out and forget about the crowd he will be better than palardy...with that said if palardy would get his crap together he could be pretty good too

I could've swore palardy has killed momentum with something like that at least once or twice last year and recalled florida being one.....but I guess when he consistently botches kicks it's easy to lump them all together.....either way I think if brodus can zone out and forget about the crowd he will be better than palardy...with that said if palardy would get his crap together he could be pretty good too
I like the flight of Brodus' ball better than Palardy's. Palardy comes over the top a little , resulting in a low trajectory and a pull hook. Brodus doesn't seem to a real strong leg, but he did okay, except for that extra point. He probably doesn't have a lot of confidence, and it seems to me that the missed extra point was the result of trying to steer the ball, instead of freewheeling like you would a longer kick. I think that he made a little easy punch and pushed it, if my memory is correct.

I think that Palardy probably needs some adjustment to his technique, and Brodus needs enough reps to have success, and lose his tentativeness.

I like the flight of Brodus' ball better than Palardy's. Palardy comes over the top a little , resulting in a low trajectory and a pull hook. Brodus doesn't seem to a real strong leg, but he did okay, except for that extra point. He probably doesn't have a lot of confidence, and it seems to me that the missed extra point was the result of trying to steer the ball, instead of freewheeling like you would a longer kick. I think that he made a little easy punch and pushed it, if my memory is correct.

I think that Palardy probably needs some adjustment to his technique, and Brodus needs enough reps to have success, and lose his tentativeness.

Well said.....brodus can make 40 yards...48+ yds might be a little dicey

Hopefully Butch lets a former Vols like Wilhoit etc (not Lincoln) work with the kickers - unlike idiot Dooley brushing off former Vols help

Hopefully Butch lets a former Vols like Wilhoit etc (not Lincoln) work with the kickers - unlike idiot Dooley brushing off former Vols help
Someone else may know the rules, but I don't think that you can bring in extra coaches. I would think that if the kickers need help, and nobody on the staff can provide it, that the kicker might have to pay for private tutoring.

Someone else may know the rules, but I don't think that you can bring in extra coaches. I would think that if the kickers need help, and nobody on the staff can provide it, that the kicker might have to pay for private tutoring.

I just remembered from other posts from last season - Someone posted Dooley didnt want anyones help - I am not sure of the rules either just going by the past posts

VN Store

Back