!! HOT RECRUITING NEWS (not just commits)!! (no discussion)

I think this is right.

2013.jpg

Reactions: 96 people
Reactions: 7 people
Big on Bellamy!!! Read part on big names coming!!!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...88-13-ga-de-davin-bellamy-38.html#post8165854

Quote:
"You could tell they put a lot of money into the program and they have by far some of the best facilities out there from what I've seen. From the Stadium being on the river and expectation wise, I was blown away. I wasn't expecting to come back home and feel the way I do about Tennessee. It was really good."

One thing that stood out to Bellamy was how Tennessee showed him he was needed for the program.

"Another thing the coaches made it clear to me that there's a difference between going where you're needed and where you're wanted," Bellamy said. "If a program needs you, and another program wants you, you've got to go where you're needed and they made it clear to me that they need me. It was pretty good."

Once back at home in Chamblee, Bellamy said the Vols helped themselves a good amount with the official visit and said if he were to end up at Tennessee he wouldn't be the only big-name player.
"It puts Tennessee very, very, very high on my list. They're up there with Florida State now. If I were making a decision today I'd be choosing between them and Florida State," Bellamy said. "They did a really good job and also if I was to come they'd have some big, big names come with me. I was talking to some of the guys and we were talking about starting a dynasty."

- Volquest

Last edited:
Reactions: 97 people
We will need several people to step up if this is going to work.

Please post worthy news in this thread with a link to where it's posted in the player thread.

For example

1/6 Tennessee will get Pagan's last visit -- http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...8-11-nc-de-jeoffrey-pagan-66.html#post4539959

Please do not comment only in this thread, only in the player thread. This thread will be for links only.

If you have questions or suggestions, you may post them in this thread and I will merge them into this first post.

:hi:

***EDIT PLEASE COPY THE POST LINK FROM THE '#P' AT THE TOP RIGHT OF EACH POST.

Please remember what this thread is for.

Reactions: 17 people
update on Ford. Sounds like Vandy didn't totally get him wrapped up!!!!!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...l-rb-johnathan-ford-vandy-39.html#post8166826

Quote:
His family has requested that they have some time to go over things and get settled back home before Johnathan does a bunch of interviews. Johnathan said he and his family had to talk about things. He said he was unsure about visiting Auburn this coming weekend and he doesn't have his schedule yet of what day coaches are coming in to see him.

We will follow up with him tomorrow.

- Hubbs

Reactions: 5 people
Bellamy enjoyed the family atmosphere.

"It was off the chain," the ESPN 300 prospect said. "I really enjoyed myself."

One of the highlights, Bellamy said, was playing football with first-year Tennessee head coach Butch Jones' children. That was just one example of the family atmosphere Bellamy felt in Knoxville.

"Coach Jones is doing a great job to make it a family-like feel," the four-star prospect from Chamblee (Ga.) High said.

"I would say that I'm still committed but I've got my options open," the 6-foot-5, 235-pound prospect said. "If I see a better opportunity present itself that would better my career as a player and a person, I would make that move. But for right now I'm still committed."
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...88-13-ga-de-davin-bellamy-44.html#post8167521

Reactions: 4 people
Vonn Bell update!!! Reel him in CBJ!!!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...145234-13-ga-s-vonn-bell-389.html#post8168532

Quote:
Five-star safety Vonn Bell of Ridgeland High School in Rossville, Ga., remained quiet after his official visit to Alabama over the weekend, but his father told 247Sports that it was a “very nice visit.” Bell talked with Tennessee’s staff over the weekend and confirmed that he’s still planning to be in Knoxville this weekend on what should be his final visit before signing day.

247sports

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 people
'13 SC DL Jaylen Miller updated!!!! Hopefully maybe!!!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...38-13-sc-dl-jaylen-miller-17.html#post8169961

""I hung out with the coaches the entire time. I feel like I've known those coaches my whole life, especially the d-line coach, coach (Steve) Stripling . He's very easy to talk to and I feel like we can relate to each other because he's passionate about pass rushing just as much as I am," Miller said. "Coach (Tommy) Thigpen, we talk like we've known each other for years. Coach (Jay) Graham, I've known him for a few years. Coach (Butch) Jones, he's really laid back and easy to talk to and coach (John) Jancek he's easy to talk to."

With his Tennessee visit wrapped up, the 6-foot-3, 260-pound defensive lineman may be done taking official visits but wants to think it over for several days before doing anything.

"I really don't know. I want to take my official visits, but then again this whole recruiting process is getting hectic. I'm thinking about canceling my other official visits. It's just something I've got to figure out for myself," Miller offered. "I was supposed to go to Wake Forest and Maryland and maybe N.C. State. But, right now I feel like I don't want to, but I don't want to say one thing and do another."

When asked if Miller answered, "Most likely."

- VQ

Reactions: 18 people
Carl Lawson Update!

"Coming out of this weekend, the returns from his official visit to Knoxville were good from everyone I've talked to. One contact there I spoke with said, "I'm not sure how it could've gone any better. That's one of the best recruiting visits I've ever seen."

Volunteers commit Ryan Jenkins continues to work Lawson extremely hard to pull him their way. The Vols will have their own in-home visit this week. Auburn and North Carolina will also be in the home.

North Carolina will receive an official visit this weekend but the Tarheels aren't believed to be a factor in this situation ultimately."

- Clemson rivals

Reactions: 24 people
more on Bell

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...145234-13-ga-s-vonn-bell-395.html#post8171763

On Monday, new Volunteers’ head coach Butch Jones made his in-home visit with Bell, and he brought the entire defensive coaching staff with him.

“I think it was important for them to do that,” Mariakis said. “Mr. Bell said they talked more about Tennessee, their new philosophy and what they were bringing to the table more so than they talked about Vonn’s role in that. I think they’ll get to that this weekend when he takes an official visit.

“Mr. Bell said that he was impressed and pleasantly surprised about what they were talking about, and that they were looking forward to the official visit this weekend.” :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back