Those who say CCM doesn't work the refs...

I've told you before, I can't read the posts for you. If you only choose to read the negatives that's up to you.

Hell, I started a thread after the Memphis LOSS giving Martin credit for keeping the team playing hard when they could have quit.

Was that serious, I think most (including myself), thought it was more sarcasm. My apologies.

Optimistically, looking at the remaining schedule, I could see these Vols doing as well as 12-6 in the conference, assuming they continue to play as well as they did today. In the past, with only 12 teams in the SEC, that would have translated to perhaps 12-4, not too shabby. But, I doubt the selection committee will consider 12-6 good enough for an invite to the Big Dance, at least not without a nice conference tourney run.

Optimistically, looking at the remaining schedule, I could see these Vols doing as well as 12-6 in the conference, assuming they continue to play as well as they did today. In the past, with only 12 teams in the SEC, that would have translated to perhaps 12-4, not too shabby. But, I doubt the selection committee will consider 12-6 good enough for an invite to the Big Dance, at least not without a nice conference tourney run.

That'd be 20-10 (12-6) likely top 4 in SEC. Probably would be bubble team, have to win 1 in tourney atleast to feel good on Sunday.

That'd be 20-10 (12-6) likely top 4 in SEC. Probably would be bubble team, have to win 1 in tourney atleast to feel good on Sunday.

Other than Bama, UT hasn't had a bad loss like they did last year. If those losses, are to say (let's for example do this):

vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama
@ UK
@ Ole Miss
@ Texas A&M
vs. Florida

I think, personally, that would be good enough to get UT in.

Other than Bama, UT hasn't had a bad loss like they did last year. If those losses, are to say (let's for example do this):

vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama
@ UK
@ Ole Miss
@ Texas A&M
vs. Florida

I think, personally, that would be good enough to get UT in.

And keep rooting for Wichita State...they are our best friend right now. Huge W they had over Creighton today for us!!!

RPIforecast has our RPI at 55 if we were to finish at 20-10...I'd say we'd be projected in at that point, but can't lose to a garbage team in the SEC tourney.

And keep rooting for Wichita State...they are our best friend right now. Huge W they had over Creighton today for us!!!

RPIforecast has our RPI at 55 if we were to finish at 20-10...I'd say we'd be projected in at that point, but can't lose to a garbage team in the SEC tourney.
Am I reading something wrong here.
Rpi forecast has our rpi at 99. Sos is 50.
Projected rpi 107

His thoughts on the officiating in recent games:

“The Kentucky game, I thought that was a tough officiated game. That was a game I was sitting there trying to get a tech from those guys. I thought there were some questionable calls at Alabama as well. As hard as you’re playing, you’re trying to compete and as tough as it is to win on the road, you’ve got to give guys a fair chance. I thought some of those calls; I thought they were ridiculous to be honest with you. I said you can’t win ball games like that. Then if it’s going to be played that way just call it on both ends of the floor. I just think you have to have some consistency in that department.”

It really isn't that hard to get a technical.

Reactions: 1 person
Assuming the Vols finish well, the biggest roadblock to the dance may be that the SEC is really down this year; not getting much respect from the national media. Some are saying the SEC will get only 3 invites at best and 2 at worst. That doesn't bode well for any team that is now only 1-3 in the conference. That makes it hard to be optimistic for our chances.

Assuming the Vols finish well, the biggest roadblock to the dance may be that the SEC is really down this year; not getting much respect from the national press. Some are saying the SEC will get only 3 invites at best and 2 at worst. That doesn't bode well for any team that is now only 1-3 in the conference. That makes it hard to be optimistic for our chances.

I see no way they get less than 4, just don't. The NCAA has to field 68 teams...not like te big east, ACC or PAC is tearing it up and gonna put in 12 teams or something. I think SEC gets minimum 4 and still has a decent chance at 5.

Florida, Mizzou and ole miss are basically all locks...Kentucky will likely make it, that's 4. I think there's a few teams that could possibly sneak in as a 5th.

Josh Pastner ripped off his jacket, kicked his chair, and slung his papers onto the court an didn't get Td up here lol.

It just seems most Ts are a coach saying something that quickly triggers the T.

I agree I think some coaches are just respected and others are not therefore a T comes at different levels of the tirade.

I think Counzo is viewed as a gentleman and probably has more leeway than some of the other young coaches out there. I also think coaches like Pearl, Cal and Pastner get a little leeway due to ther name.

Just thought I'd share because it's a hot topic on here, and something many criticize him for. I've also not seen him work the refs too much, once in awhile, but not like say Cal does.

However, Quinn has said recent things, and now this quote...it makes me wonder if he does it during TV timeouts? Quinn has talked about him barking at the refs recently, and shocked he didn't get Td, but I didn't see it, so maybe it was during TOs.

Just thought I'd share.

Got me and my son tickets to the game last night and was lucky enough to get seats in 105, row 1. Never had that perspective before. Martin said things numerous times to the refs but just don't make a show of it. He was getting his points across without trying to show up the refs

VN Store

Back