UFC Thread

Thank you.

And I can't imagine how horrible alzheimers would be. I watched my Grandma ask like three different questions more than once in the span of the three hours I was there. She had forgotten she has asked about it already. And my aunt had called while I was there. I answered the phone as was giving it to my grandma, she didn't know where I was handing her the phone from and started drinking water. I assumed she was going to take the phone after that but she started watching tv and had forgotten I was handing her the phone. :ermm:

It was rough, probably rougher on me cause I was her only grandson. So I was very spoiled by her. She couldn't remember who was who. Would randomly get really scared cause she would forget where she was, and thought we were there to harm her. I stayed with her everyday, toward the end I broke down nearly everyday. The strongest, smartest, funniest woman I have ever known couldn't do the most menial task. One thing that was kinda cool was, I loved Doritos and she would always by me my own special bag. And every once in a while in the middle of all that was going on. She would remember and whisper to me where she had hid them for me. Makes me smile talking about it. Sorry about that babbling. My point was I know what you are going through, and I understand how much it hurts. Cherish those glimpses of her when she shows them. And spend as much time as you can with her, make sure you let her know that you love her. I'll be praying for her. Sorry to sound all preachy.

Reactions: 1 person
It was rough, probably rougher on me cause I was her only grandson. So I was very spoiled by her. She couldn't remember who was who. Would randomly get really scared cause she would forget where she was, and thought we were there to harm her. I stayed with her everyday, toward the end I broke down nearly everyday. The strongest, smartest, funniest woman I have ever known couldn't do the most menial task. One thing that was kinda cool was, I loved Doritos and she would always by me my own special bag. And every once in a while in the middle of all that was going on. She would remember and whisper to me where she had hid them for me. Makes me smile talking about it. Sorry about that babbling. My point was I know what you are going through, and I understand how much it hurts. Cherish those glimpses of her when she shows them. And spend as much time as you can with her, make sure you let her know that you love her. I'll be praying for her. Sorry to sound all preachy.

Nah dude, you're not babbling at all. That's a pretty awesome story, Grandma's are awesome. Well, mine and yours anyways. I suppose there are some wicked ones out there, I've heard stories. I'm actually kind of surprised by how nice they are. They're Mennonite which is similar to Amish religious beliefs. I'm not sure they've ever even drank, I know they never had alcohol in the house. So for me to get in trouble with alcohol or pot in high school, they never judged me for it and were always nice. Which is surprising since my brother and six cousins were angels. I don't even think any of them drank in high school. I think my grandparents were kind of like Amish who let their kids go out into the real world and it's up to you to come back. But unlike Amish, they give you more than once chance and won't shun you. They just hope you're on the right path to heaven and don't want you to go to hell. My Grandparents are pretty religious so yeah, it's amazing to me how nice of people they are. Maybe it's just because I'm their grandson haha

Nah dude, you're not babbling at all. That's a pretty awesome story, Grandma's are awesome. Well, mine and yours anyways. I suppose there are some wicked ones out there, I've heard stories. I'm actually kind of surprised by how nice they are. They're Mennonite which is similar to Amish religious beliefs. I'm not sure they've ever even drank, I know they never had alcohol in the house. So for me to get in trouble with alcohol or pot in high school, they never judged me for it and were always nice. Which is surprising since my brother and six cousins were angels. I don't even think any of them drank in high school. I think my grandparents were kind of like Amish who let their kids go out into the real world and it's up to you to come back. But unlike Amish, they give you more than once chance and won't shun you. They just hope you're on the right path to heaven and don't want you to go to hell. My Grandparents are pretty religious so yeah, it's amazing to me how nice of people they are. Maybe it's just because I'm their grandson haha

Sounds like we both got the grandson treatment. Lol My grandma never drank, smoked or cursed. Well till she got sick. My grandpa put here through some ****, and I never saw her mad or cry. She was definitely an amazing woman. No matter what craziness I did, she thought I was perfect. It also sounds like we are both lucky to have such great grandma's. :)

Sorry to hear about your grandma TOP. Jerry, my grandfather had Alzheimers also, it was very sad. He went from being in the Army and working at NASA, building rockets and missiles to forgetting how to work his microwave. My grandma put him in a veterans nursing home and he was in there for over 10 years, my grandma went to see hin twice a day, many times never left until she had to go home. He became like a stranger to me, it was one of the hardest things to watch.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like we both got the grandson treatment. Lol My grandma never drank, smoked or cursed. Well till she got sick. My grandpa put here through some ****, and I never saw her mad or cry. She was definitely an amazing woman. No matter what craziness I did, she thought I was perfect. It also sounds like we are both lucky to have such great grandma's. :)

Very lucky. Grandmas are the best.

Sorry to hear about your grandma TOP. Jerry, my grandfather had Alzheimers also, it was very sad. He went from being in the Army and working at NASA, building rockets and missiles to forgetting how to work his microwave. My grandma put him in a veterans nursing home and he was in there for over 10 years, my grandma went to see hin twice a day, many times never left until she had to go home. He became like a stranger to me, it was one of the hardest things to watch.

That's sad, man.

Sorry to hear that Ben. My grandmas accelerated at an extremely rapid pace, or at least it seemed like it. As painful as death is, watching it unfold before your eyes is damn near unbearable.

Sorry to hear that Ben. My grandmas accelerated at an extremely rapid pace, or at least it seemed like it. As painful as death is, watching it unfold before your eyes is damn near unbearable.

He was a huge Bama fan and died 3 days before the Bama vs Texas National Championship game, the funeral was the day after the game. It was a Military funeral in the snow, it was sad and cold, but looked amazing with snow everywhere. The guys who did the 21 gun salute and fold the flag, had to just stand there freezing until the last person left the graveside.

So pumped for the new season of TUF tomorrow. I heard there's a contestant basically murdering opponents with strikes...I'm hoping it is the kid from SLC...supposedly he trains with Leben and rocks him regularly.

So pumped for the new season of TUF tomorrow. I heard there's a contestant basically murdering opponents with strikes...I'm hoping it is the kid from SLC...supposedly he trains with Leben and rocks him regularly.

I hope so, the last couple seasons fights have been extremely boring.

I thought last season suffered from a lack of finishes, but the fights weren't all that bad in most cases.

Supposedly, he has put everyone he faced on the show in the hospital. I would bet it's European fighter Tor Troeng. He's rumored to be a contestant.

Im glad i read this, i almost forgot about it

Dana's a genius the way he's been able to get exposure for his fight league. Utilizing the reality show, and contracts with Fox and FX he's able to rope in a much larger crowd for the pay-per-view events. I still think Bonnar/Griffin is the most significant moment in MMA history.

Dana's a genius the way he's been able to get exposure for his fight league. Utilizing the reality show, and contracts with Fox and FX he's able to rope in a much larger crowd for the pay-per-view events. I still think Bonnar/Griffin is the most significant moment in MMA history.

Screw Dana. But I agree with the Bonnar/Griffin fight. I had friends after that fight tell me they finally understood why I love MMA. Friends who at the time never watched MMA. It and the Fox deal are the 2 biggest moments for MMA. IMO

Screw Dana. But I agree with the Bonnar/Griffin fight. I had friends after that fight tell me they finally understood why I love MMA. Friends who at the time never watched MMA. It and the Fox deal are the 2 biggest moments for MMA. IMO

I would be interested in seeing a comparison of PPV buys prior to the FOX deal and after the FOX deal. It's really too bad that the first JDS-Cain fight didn't live up to its billing. But, you've got to take the good with the bad. The Shogun-Vera FOX card might have been the best card of the year.

Why don't people like Dana? It seems most fans don't. He seems like a d-bag, but I like him for what he does for the sport and my personal entertainment.

Last edited:
I used to like Dana but over time I've just really come to not like him at all. I like him about as much as I like Chael Sonnen, Michael Bisping, Rashad Evans, Brock Lesnar, Stefan Struve and the Diaz brother. I think that's the full list of people in the UFC I can't stand. I'm not sure Struve should be on it but there have been times where I think he's a big ass and I have a feeling if he gets to prime time, he'll be as big of ass as Chael Sonnen. I know a lot of it is to put on a show for those guys because they'll sell tickets on par with title fights simply because people want to see them get their butts kicked. I doubt they're really disrespectful but as a fan, I'm just buying into what they're selling me. They want to put on a show of being disrespectful, I'll assume it to be true and hope they get punched in the face lol. I loved watching Hendo drop Bisping with a bomb and Cain pummeling Lesnar.

But Dana, I already hadn't liked him for a while and giving Sonnen back to back title fights was the last straw for me. It was the most arrogant, dick move Dana could have made. It's not fair to the fans, it's not fair to the light heavyweight contenders and it's not fair to Jones. The only people who benefit from it are Dana, Zuffa and Sonnen, that's it. As long as Dana and Sonnen don't care about Sonnen's health, I could care less if it's his last fight because Jones' beats him out of the UFC. As far as I'm concerned, Sonnen is an average fighter that was overrated as middleweight. He's 0-3 in his career in title fights and Jones is better than Silva at this point in their careers. I have no reason what so ever to believe Sonnen can beat Jones. Quite frankly if it happens, I'll probably start believing Dana is just blatantly rigging UFC fights now. I wouldn't put it past him... that's what happens when someone is coming off a middleweight fight and you reward him with a heavyweight fight against the most dominate fighter in the UFC. While Sonnen is 5-3 in the UFC, Jones has never been beaten. And that's middleweight vs. light heavyweight. So for me, I already didn't like Dana and there is no coming back from this. To each their own though if you have no problem with him or this fight, I do though. He may rake in the dough but he won't be getting it from me. I'll be watching Jones beatdown of Sonnen for free. I'm not paying for what I consider to be a guaranteed outcome in the main event.

Reactions: 2 people
TOP, I get your frustration, but I honestly think placing all the blame on Dana is unfair. Chael volunteered to fight Jones on 3 weeks notice. I'm sure Dana promised him a favorable booking in the future after he made the effort to help save that card. But even that really isn't the issue. Dana has thousands of fans on twitter and msg. boards that were clamoring for him to book the Bones-Chael fight. Knowing that he needed blockbuster coaches for the upcoming season of TUF, he saw an oppurtunity that was too good to pass up.

At the end of the day, the UFC is a business just like anything else. Not only that, but their business is largely dependent on PPV buys. That leads to the UFC being somewhat handcuffed sometimes when it comes to booking fights.

I would be interested in seeing a comparison of PPV buys prior to the FOX deal and after the FOX deal. It's really too bad that the first JDS-Cain fight didn't live up to its billing. But, you've got to take the good with the bad. The Shogun-Vera FOX card might have been the best card of the year.

I would too. I'm not sure that they have increased or not, but the overall exposure for the sport has been huge.

I personally appreciate what Dana has done to help the sport grow. I fully understand the TUF thing, Sonnens big mouth will attract fans to watch. I don't appreciate jumping guys that deserve a shot, for guys that obviously do not. I get that it's a money thing, but I still don't have to like it or Dana for doing it. IMO it makes a joke of the sport and the guys that have busted their asses to move up the ladder. I honestly don't think anyone in here will say they are looking forward to that fight, because it will be a great fight. Instead of giving shots to guys that don't deserve it, besides having a big mouth. How about figuring out a way to help the real contenders become household names. Better fighter profiles and exposure, tell their struggles and back story. Other promotions do it, I'm sure the UFC can as well. Humanizing the guys to a degree will help fans connect to the other fighters. Idk I'm rambling, I just love this sport and wanna see great fights. Keep the side show circus acts in Japan and in wrestling.

VN Store

Back