Was Manti Te'o in on it?

Did Manti know?

• Total voters
and your team was 1-7 vs the SEC and the 1 was against a team that couldn't beat anyone, so what's your point?

You're on my team's message board. Are you that starved for attention? Try creating a fake dead girl friend, that works too.

My team played SCarolina closer than your team did. Michigan would have battled UT for 6th in the SEC East had they been there.

My team has played your team once. Jason Witten is still running.

Reactions: 1 person
You're on my team's message board. Are you that starved for attention? Try creating a fake dead girl friend, that works too.

My team played SCarolina closer than your team did. Michigan would have battled UT for 6th in the SEC East had they been there.

My team has played your team once. Jason Witten is still running.

and am i here bashing your team? no. a response of fact to another response of fact, loosen up your panties a little fella. and starved for attention, that's cute coming from the guy trying to start an internet fight. lighten up man.

3 point loss compared to a 5 point loss, ok i'll give you that one and i'll raise you that UM was actually winning the game in the 4th quarter with just seconds left rather than coming back late to make the score close. point is, either way it doesn't matter, it's still a loss.

and then the classic decade ago reference, that stings man, i don't know if i can take it anymore :good!::clapping::mf_surrender:

He may have not known initially but at some point he found out the truth n did nothing to "escape" the situation. Even to the point that his family claimed to have met her

Yeah even after he supposedly found out he still talked about his dead girlfriend. Right now they're doing their best to cover for him

ahhh the logic of an SEC fan. the guy that thinks every team in the SEC is the best because the best team in the country plays in that conference

Well, big blue step on up and get you a mess of SEC football! Start playing them and see how you do. Besides Bama, there are at least 4 other teams from the SEC that would have smoked ND in the BCS. Just the way it is Brah!

Yes, he was in on it. I tend to believe Notre Dame was in on it at some point too.

And why is a Michigan fan here running his mouth about Tennessee and the SEC? I must be missing something...

Well, big blue step on up and get you a mess of SEC football! Start playing them and see how you do. Besides Bama, there are at least 4 other teams from the SEC that would have smoked ND in the BCS. Just the way it is Brah!

if i had any say so in it believe me i would and you are insane if you think the rest of the SEC would smoke ND the same way, and i can't stand ND

UM was actually winning the game in the 4th quarter with just seconds left rather than coming back late to make the score close.
:

Congrats on the moral victory. We don't count 3rd quarter leads for much down here and we don't have much respect for overrated Big 10 teams. You need to go get on a message board for a MAC team. They think y'all are great.

Congrats on the moral victory. We don't count 3rd quarter leads for much down here and we don't have much respect for overrated Big 10 teams. You need to go get on a message board for a MAC team. They think y'all are great.

that's nice how you take pieces of it, and still get it wrong with it right in front of you, to try to make some clever snide remark, try again chuckles

Yes, he was in on it. I tend to believe Notre Dame was in on it at some point too.

And why is a Michigan fan here running his mouth about Tennessee and the SEC? I must be missing something...

you are missing something.

where was i running my mouth about Tennessee? i merely countered the posters point about how each team did head to head against SCarolina and how having the best team in the country in a conference does not necessarily make said conference the best.

i'm just trying to get someone to explain their logic instead of just spewing the same regurgitated mess over and over

You came on here with an inferiority complex talking about how the SEC fans claim to be the strongest conference based solely on Alabama's strong team over the past few years.
But you can't explain how your team has lost its last four games vs three different SEC teams.

Alabama has won the last two national titles but they only have one Conference and Division title in the last two year. Further, they have not gone undefeated in the SEC in the last three years.

Its a tough conference and while the SEC has won the last 7 National Titles, the NCAA Championship Game was not the toughest game any of those teams played in the year they won it. Also, since the BCS system was implemented in 1998, five different SEC teams have won the National Title.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings Francis, just pointing out the facts. As a Michigan fan, I'm sure you are welcomed to hang around....just know your role.

FWIW: I don't root for any of the SEC teams in their bowl games but UT. The Vols recruit against the SEC teams.

You came on here with an inferiority complex talking about how the SEC fans claim to be the strongest conference based solely on Alabama's strong team over the past few years.
But you can't explain how your team has lost its last four games vs three different SEC teams.

Alabama has won the last two national titles but they only have one Conference and Division title in the last two year. Further, they have not gone undefeated in the SEC in the last three years.

Its a tough conference and while the SEC has won the last 7 National Titles, the NCAA Championship Game was not the toughest game any of those teams played in the year they won it. Also, since the BCS system was implemented in 1998, five different SEC teams have won the National Title.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings Francis, just pointing out the facts. As a Michigan fan, I'm sure you are welcomed to hang around....just know your role.

FWIW: I don't root for any of the SEC teams in their bowl games but UT. The Vols recruit against the SEC teams.

dude you seriously need to read everything, maybe even a few times to make sure you get it right before you start getting all worked up, it's not healthy for you man, i'm worried about you. your little man complex is starting to get to you and you might want to work on your facts before you start to ramble on too, which you claimed to do. ok here goes the list....

i never said the claim was based on Alabama's teams the past few years, i said the SEC had the best team, hence the multiple NCs. i don't recall being asked to explain why UM has lost "the last four games vs three different SEC teams" but if you want an answer it's because they were outplayed, simple as that. by the way, just for accuracy sake, it's the last 3 games against 3 different teams, the fourth game back they won. and since you want to bring up BCS times, UM is actually 6-4 against the SEC since the BCS started.

while we're on BCS era SEC records, your math is a little off, you say the SEC has won the last 7 NCs but has only won 5 since the BCS started in 1998, which is more than 7 years ago FWIW. while we're here let's use some stats to show that beyond having the best team, which won the NC, the conference as a whole hasn't fared so well. here are the records of the SEC against other conferences, minus this past seasons bowl and games against other conferences because i'm getting tired of looking up stats to prove you wrong and this was already compiled.

SEC vs. PAC-12 regular season: 10-12

SEC vs. PAC-12 bowl games: 1-0

SEC vs. Big 12 regular season: 6-10

SEC vs. Big 12 bowl games: 21-8

SEC vs. ACC regular season: 42-36

SEC vs. ACC bowl games: 16-9

SEC vs. Big 10 regular season: 7-4

SEC vs. Big 10 bowl games: 19-19

SEC vs. Big East regular season: 16-15

SEC vs. Big East bowl game: 3-8

i would also ask you to explain this for me as my michigan fan brain may not be able to comprehend without your insight but what exactly determines a conference as the best, and i think equally important the toughest? the best guage i know of is records in conference. this is the amount of teams with a record of .500 or better vs a losing record with the percentage of teams that were .500 or better in conference. the conferences not included had a 50-50 share of teams with a .500 record or worse. and before you ask, the big ten was one of those 50-50 conferences.

acc (7-5) - 58%
conf usa (8-4) - 66%
mac (7-6) - 54%
pac 12 (7-5) - 58%
sec (8-6) - 57%
sec* (7-5) - 58* (minus expansion teams)

so in closing, you haven't hurt my feelings one bit, you've actually helped me feel a little better about myself with your questionable logic. facts and stats generally mean more than opinion when you're trying to make an arguement. but i'm glad i have your permission to hang around, i've been waiting around this site for 5 years for your approval.

since this has drawn out to be so long i might as well add this. UT is probably the team that i follow second most, i've been to neyland more times than i've been to the big house. i'm not bashing any team or any conference claiming that UM or the B1G is better, i'm just asking for you to base your posts on something other than opinion, present a logical and rational debate.

Agree. It boils down to two possibilities: Either he is a dumbass or a cold-hearted deceiver.

Do you think Manti Te'o was in on the hoax?

- Online relationship for 3 years, never met in person (he lied about it)
- Claimed that she was the love of his life yet he didn't try to go see her in her biggest moment of need
- Is family friends with a known conspirator
- Still talked about his girlfriend succumbing to cancer even after he purportedly knew that wasn't the case

There are too many holes in the story for me to believe he didn't know. Heisman-candidate stars at Notre Dame aren't this dumb or desperate.

How could someone be "so dumb?" Beleive he was scammed. THe Florida Today paper said someome else was in on it. I'll put him among those (75%) that lacks common sense.

Hell yes he is a piece of scum, slim, and the sad thing about it what might fall a few spots, hope he blows out both knees in the combine, he is a piece of hit, needs to be horse whiped, then he would think about before the next time dont want to hear he is young and make a mistake, most young people dont anyway.

the story going around the nfl is he's gay and invented a gf to cover it up. apparently to undo damage to his draft status he's told the truth to at least them. explains the story to me.

Interesting exchange on NFL Countdown. Tom Jackson said it would be a better sign if Teo was involved in the scam. Said if he was really this naive, the NFL will be very tough for him. The others agreed with that assessment.

VN Store

Back