'13 VA LB E.J. Levenberry (FSU commit)

there are some guys who's talent and potential overcome cookie cutter positions.

I just dont understand how on earth a coach could have said No to this guy but Yes to The Barnes's and other "projects"

Reactions: 6 people
It does seem quite odd, I really feel like Sal being Sal has put us up front, committed to Fsu or not. The kid and his paw really don't like Fat Sal, and he has had some love for us for a couple years. His OV seals the deal

I seen butch jones is the only coach left with a in home ... And his dad said ej isn't taking anymore visits after ut... I say when jones does go he needs to take the whole defensive staff ...

I have always hoped UT could get this guy. If UT does in fact get him, Whats your guys thoughts on him coming in and starting right away? Seems like that could be a real possibility with our current LB situation.

The Only feelings I have ever had about Levenberry and tennesse is Anger. Coach Sunseri was a Disaster in every aspect.

I merely relayed what I was told from a friend, which ended up being completely accurate at the time that was backed up by ESPN and Hubbs a few days later

Guy is still a commit to FSU. If he de-committed I would much feel better, until then I will remain cautiously optimistic
what ticks me off is what Sal saw in him that made him think he wouldn't work in the 3-4.

there are some guys who's talent and potential overcome cookie cutter positions.

I just dont understand how on earth a coach could have said No to this guy but Yes to The Barnes's and other "projects"

The Sal "Project" was simply a culmination of the Dooley "project". Neither of those guys had any business in the positions they were given. They had no clue what they were doing and the Levenberry situation just proves that, because Jay is right, some kids just have the talent to overcome being slightly out of position (if you want to say it that way). I think EJ would be successful at any of those positions.
It's similar to Georgia not recruiting Carl Lawson. Are you kidding me? That kid will be successful wherever he plays.

I seen butch jones is the only coach left with a in home ... And his dad said ej isn't taking anymore visits after ut... I say when jones does go he needs to take the whole defensive staff ...

*scene

Shoddy coaches make shoddy calls. Remember kiffin cutting Tajh?

Kiffin made the correct call on that one for the pro-style offense. Boyd is great in the spread but does not possess the arm strength to make the throws our offense required. That was all about the system.

Kiffin made the correct call on that one for the pro-style offense. Boyd is great in the spread but does not possess the arm strength to make the throws our offense required. That was all about the system.

Thats incorrect. Boyd has an awesome arm and a winners attitude.

Reactions: 4 people
Thats incorrect. Boyd has an awesome arm and a winners attitude.

No, he doesn't make the deep sideline or the throw to the opposite hash. Watch the south Carolina tape and his throws that take great arm strength had way too much air on them and no velocity. SC picked off one or two and he had no completions over 15 yards except for short throws with YAC. I amin no way knocking the kid just his arm strength. There is a reason he didn't go to the league this year and it had nothing to do with school spirit. That's why the league is interested in Bray way more. You can't coach a good arm but you can take a great arm and hope you can develop the player.

No, he doesn't make the deep sideline or the throw to the opposite hash. Watch the south Carolina tape and his throws that take great arm strength had way too much air on them and no velocity. SC picked off one or two and he had no completions over 15 yards except for short throws with YAC. I amin no way knocking the kid just his arm strength. There is a reason he didn't go to the league this year and it had nothing to do with school spirit. That's why the league is interested in Bray way more. You can't coach a good arm but you can take a great arm and hope you can develop the player.
I dunno he seemed to completely carry clemson vs lsu and made about every throw possible

You should call and get cable. They play the games every Saturday during the season and you can actually watch the games.

Reactions: 6 people

That is pure nonsense. Boyd has a great arm. Kiffin blew that one, plain and simple.

Reactions: 3 people
Anyone that thinks Boyd doesn't have the arm strength to be a college QB, regardless of the system, needs to go back and watch tapes of Danny Wuerffel.

I raise you:

bullet_bill_meteor_display_display.gif

This is awesome. Should be saved for commits though!

The Only feelings I have ever had about Levenberry and tennesse is Anger. Coach Sunseri was a Disaster in every aspect.

I merely relayed what I was told from a friend, which ended up being completely accurate at the time that was backed up by ESPN and Hubbs a few days later

Guy is still a commit to FSU. If he de-committed I would much feel better, until then I will remain cautiously optimistic

Was it you that posted a while back that most (if not all) players thought SS was just an all around prick and if a player had a question about anything his response was always "I'm not a ****ing teacher, learn it yourself?" (or somewhere thereabouts)

It does seem quite odd, I really feel like Sal being Sal has put us up front, committed to Fsu or not. The kid and his paw really don't like Fat Sal, and he has had some love for us for a couple years. His OV seals the deal

I'm glad the guy is gone too but is it really necessary to call him fat every time you talk about him?

Us fat guys gotta stick up for each other.

Reactions: 4 people
Hahaha sorry, I didn't mean anything against fat people, im technically overweight by 7 lbs so i must be a hypocrit too hahahaha.Sal just is a bit of a Dbag. But you are right I should only consider calling him fat 82% of the time! J.k, I'll stick with being the dumbest man to ever be considered to coach or teach young men defense.

VN Store

Back