'13 GA DE Carl Lawson (Auburn commit)

He's polished because he's received excellent personal training in high school. You're reading way too far into a statement to assume he's "plateaued" lol. Lawson is better prepared for the college game and making an impact Day 1. The reason Clowney's ceiling is higher is his size. It was a matter of time before it all clicked for him and we've seen that now.

Ok, I got you. I don't want to dive to deep into the subject, because it could get hairy, but I do think Lawson's ability to make an impact immediately is helped by the fact that he comes from a good home, which emphasized his development, and seems to have built him into a high-character individual.

That matters when they reach the college level, and the game speeds up, and the ability to mentally face these new challenges becomes critical.

See: Berry, Eric.

I, for one, will continue to be a Lawson fan even if he signs with UT rather than AU. I felt the same way about Lattimore when he picked USCe over AU. They both are class acts.

I thought u were a Clemson fan.. Misleading sn.

"At this point, I would take three years with Lawson over one year left with Clowney."

Lawson hasn't played a down in college. You guys need to wake up. Saying Lawson is anywhere near the best player in college football right now is just stupid.

Math is hard ... :crazy:

I wont say he was overated, I have said since before we were back in it that Lawson was legit and thought he could be one of the best DE next year. No matter where goes

I would love to come to the recruiting forum and see:
'13 GA DE Carl Lawson (Tennessee commit)

I am tired of seeing: '13 GA DE Carl Lawson (Auburn commit)

Reactions: 3 people
Umm...just silly. Clowney is a possible overall number 1 NFL pick.

Clowney would be the number one pick THIS YEAR!! No offense to the guy...but dumb post is dumb. That doesn't mean Lawson couldn't be better, but saying that right now is just dumb. Even based off HS film, Clowney had the sickest HS film I have ever seen.

Last edited:
It's a pointless argument but I'm really glad it's taking place. You guys are arguing whether or not a recruit, who is on an OV to UT right now and very possibly will be a Vol, is as good as the best player in CFB.

About time we get some players of this caliber. Close the deal, Butch!

Reactions: 7 people
Even reading the Michigan isn't that confident about Green. We are in the running for many of the top players in the country.

Reactions: 1 person
"Lawson is having a good time, Tiny is his host and there is a party for the whole team and recruits tonight. Not much but so far so good."

- Uzzi

Reactions: 19 people

VN Store

Back