say a Prayer for my Dad

I lost my Dad in 07 and my Mom in 09. Those are two holes that will never be filled. Praying for you and your Dad as life happens faster than we realize. One thing I learned is the value of "time". You can't bank it and once you spend it it's gone forever with no do-overs. Spend all the time with him you can.

governmentmule,

Sorry to hear about your father. Stay positive and know that prayers and well wishes do work.

Prayers sent to OP and the others in this thread who just got bad news as well

got some terrible news,my dad has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver,it probably isn't going to end well,there running some test,but the out look is very bleak and there is another spot of cancer some where near his back,We are waiting on more information from the doctors

He is a decorated vet from WW2 and Korea,was awarded the Purple Heart and numerous others,is the Grand Father of Shay,i know a few of you knew her and he is 84

He has been a Vol Fan as far back as i can remember,loves the Football program and the Lady Vols.he will cuz the football team out and swear he will never watch them again,but still watches every game

in advance, thanks for your prayers

I experienced my grandfather with prostate cancer in 01'. It was difficult because I thought he was indestructable. 1. I don't kow if your saved or believe in Christ, but it was my rock and I learned to rely on it. 2. My papaw was never sad, he laughed at cancer and said, I ll never look back, I have lived a great life, my time is up. He said always be ready and view life as a big puzzle that each day is a piece you install but make sure that piece fits your puzzle and no one else's. 3. I know you ll get through this, God will never put on you what you can't handle. His will is in everything, whether it makes since.

Praying for strength, understanding, and peace.

I'm praying for all of you. My grandfather will probably pass from cancer within a few days. I feel your pain and so happy we can all come together to pray. Our vol nation family is awesome

Get him in a church where Jesus frequents. Those prayers work. (harder to find those these days; usually off the beaten path)

I'm sorry to hear this. He's a man who was willing to give his all for the betterment of our nation. We could never repay him. But please tell him thank you for his service and my prayers are with him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Governmentmule and Bigorange247, so sorry to hear about your dads' cancers. I do offer my prayers for them and your families.

My sincere appreciation to both for their service to our country. I don't see them as old men but rather, heroes who served bravely and went on to leave a legacy of children and grandchildren who will hopefully carry on their tradition of honor and service.

God bless them.

got some terrible news,my dad has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver,it probably isn't going to end well,there running some test,but the out look is very bleak and there is another spot of cancer some where near his back,We are waiting on more information from the doctors

He is a decorated vet from WW2 and Korea,was awarded the Purple Heart and numerous others,is the Grand Father of Shay,i know a few of you knew her and he is 84

He has been a Vol Fan as far back as i can remember,loves the Football program and the Lady Vols.he will cuz the football team out and swear he will never watch them again,but still watches every game

in advance, thanks for your prayers

Gov, I wish the best for your family . Your father is a member of America's greatest generation as was mine.
Well win it comes to being a Vols fan I have felt the exact sentiments ! Again, best wishes. :crossfingers:

Prayers sent all the way around. All of our Fathers and their generation gave more than we ever could. They had a work ethic, they knew what sacrafice was and is.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back