'13 TN OT Christian Morris

Fair enough. We have had 3 top 15 classes the last 3 years. If the class ranked #1 and the class ranked #15 are just about the same, it sure did not look like it on the field. It sure did not look like it come draft day the last couple years. I understand people will point to the coaching as the problem. I do think that plays into it. I also think a good coach can only do so much. Bama, UGA, UF, and others are beating us on the field in part because they are beating us in recruting.

that is because those top 15 classes weren't draft eligible - now they are and this year and next year will look dramatically different

last year bama had 5 guys drafted in the first 3 rounds and 8 drafted overall

last year LSU had 4 guys drafted in the first 3 rounds and 5 overall

this year we will likely have 4 players drafted in the first 3 rounds and 5-7 drafted overall

the talent wasnt that different - the coaching was pathetic but the talent wasnt that different

and next year we have several guys that are going to high on the early draft rankings - Tiny, big dan, Jjames could all very well be 1st round guys with solid years next year

Reactions: 1 person
that is because those top 15 classes weren't draft eligible - now they are and this year and next year will look dramatically different

this year we will likely have 4 players drafted in the first 3 rounds and 5-7 drafted overall

the talent wasnt that different - the coaching was pathetic but the talent wasnt that different

and next year we have several guys that are going to high on the early draft rankings - Tiny, big dan, Jjames could all very well be 1st round guys with solid years next year

Darick will probably get drafted too. Might drop to the 4-5 for being an idiot though.

Darick will probably get drafted too. Might drop to the 4-5 for being an idiot though.

NFL.com listed him as the 25th best player, I believe, right behind Hunter at 24. If there were a dire need for WR then we could see three receivers that donned the Orange and White at one point being drafted in the first and second rounds.

NFL.com listed him as the 25th best player, I believe, right behind Hunter at 24. If there were a dire need for WR then we could see three receivers that donned the Orange and White at one point being drafted in the first and second rounds.

Rogers is a better long term prospect that Hunter because of size and toughness. When you think of him think Keyshown. Justin has freakish ability but his body type does not translate into getting a lot of punishment.

Rogers is a better long term prospect that Hunter because of size and toughness. When you think of him think Keyshown. Justin has freakish ability but his body type does not translate into getting a lot of punishment.

I think that's exactly why we saw Hunter play the way he did this year. The ACL tear proved to him that he was human and so he realized is time could be limited so he did what he could to not get hurt and make it to the pros.

Overall it's hard to say which is the better long term prospect. Each has their own risk; Hunter's risk of reinjury and Da'Rick's risk of attitude problems. But if hunter can stay healthy and Da'Rick can keep his head on straight they could both have really productive NFL careers.

There are plenty of receivers Hunter's size in the NFL, including the second best receiver of all time. I would much rather have Hunter long term than Darick just based on team chemistry as well.

Randy Moss and Jerry Rice were never jacked either and both had long careers.

Plus, Hunter lost a lot of opportunity to add bulk to rehab. He could still add size.

So, you would take our roster and beat LSU & Bama?

Tiny, James and Thomas could have started this past season on OL. Rivera would have competed and then you have Hunter and CP.

No doubt. Our offense probably had 7 starters who will get drafted and Rivera will get a chance. We parlayed that into a 5-7 season. If our defense was just mediocre, we could have won several more games.

VN Store

Back