13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope so. Best case senerio, we get VB and Jason Carr sticks to his commitment. Worst case, Alabama gets both. That wouldn't be good. I've said this for a while, but Tennessee, at some point, has got to turn the corner in terms of defensive recruiting. We'll never win big without elite defensive talent and we've just not had it as of late. It starts by signing these types of players.
If we got both of them to sign and could add Bellamy, miller, and levenberry that would be a sick haul.

Tell us how you really feel bro..
I am just tired of all the drama.You say your a vfl.Then you commit when offered.There is no gray area.You with us or against us.Dont jack our coaches around and waste their time.If your going to Bama be a man and anounce it so we can spend time recruiting kids who want to play in those orange jerseys.If one of my sons was in his position I would tell him the same thing.The family complained that our ex coach slow played Vonn.Thats BS he has had an offer for a long long time.Hes not Vfl just a great football player from a small North Ga.school wanting a little moore attention.Austin Sanders,Jaylen Reeves-Maybin,Riley Fergason I salute you all.When you get old enough I will buy you a beer one night on the strip after a big orange win.These kids are leaders which this program needs in a big way right now.

vonbell.jpg

This has to be photoshopped or maybe saban is standing on a step ladder

Reactions: 7 people
I am just tired of all the drama.You say your a vfl.Then you commit when offered.There is no gray area.You with us or against us.Dont jack our coaches around and waste their time.If your going to Bama be a man and anounce it so we can spend time recruiting kids who want to play in those orange jerseys.If one of my sons was in his position I would tell him the same thing.The family complained that our ex coach slow played Vonn.Thats BS he has had an offer for a long long time.Hes not Vfl just a great football player from a small North Ga.school wanting a little moore attention.Austin Sanders,Jaylen Reeves-Maybin,Riley Fergason I salute you all.When you get old enough I will buy you a beer one night on the strip after a big orange win.These kids are leaders which this program needs in a big way right now.

Don't forget Ryan Jenkins, he is VFL and recruiting for us.

How can you forget him.His love for Tennessee transends even brotherly love.Thats commitment.I know his dad played here but his brother plays for Clem$on.We are slowley building a team of leaders.Guys who are committed to a greater cause than their selves.We have a few sprinkled in now in every class.You watch how much harder we will play these next few years.May not winem all but we will play hard.Its always always always about great leadership.

Reactions: 1 person
I get so tired of seeing this. If these kids are as good as advertised then they will push for playing time no matter where they go.

With all due respect, people say that about our team because its the God's honest truth when we are in recruiting battles with the likes of Bama and Ohio State. You have to look at the facts. We have been terrible because of 1) lack of talent, 2) lack of depth, 3) lack of experience, and 4) lack of stability/poor coaching. When those factors combine, a true impact player like bell, green, or Lawson stand a much better chance of walking in and getting playing time than at one school that won it 3rd NC in 4 years and the other one that was the only undefeated team in the country this year.

Remember Landon Collins, the No. 1 safety in the 2012 class who signed with Bama. He had zero tackles, zero assists, zero pass breakups, and zero interceptions. The reason: he didn't get to play. And he is only projected as a backup next year. As of right now, in the two deep, out of the four spots in the defensive backfield only 3 will be seniors for Bama next year. How is Bell gonna see the field there?

Looking at Ohio State, they have two juniors at CB, and two early enrollees backing them up. At safety, both starters return with a five-star senior and another EE in the two deep. When and where is bell gonna see the field there?

If you really scrutinize our roster at S and CB, you cannot argue that an impact player like Bell has more of a chance to make an impact his freshman year at Tennessee than either of the other schools. Bama has four and five stars starting at almost every position and in the two deep. Ohio State is not far behind. We don't have those types of players and are that far behind in comparison to those two schools.

So that is why people say that and this is why it is a legitimate comment.

Flame away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
With all due respect, people say that about our team because its the God's honest truth when we are in recruiting battles with the likes of Bama and Ohio State. You have to look at the facts. We have been terrible because of 1) lack of talent, 2) lack of depth, 3) lack of experience, and 4) lack of stability/poor coaching. When those factors combine, a true impact player like bell, green, or Lawson stand a much better chance of walking in and getting playing time than at one school that won it 3rd NC in 4 years and the other one that was the only undefeated team in the country this year.

Remember Landon Collins, the No. 1 safety in the 2012 class who signed with Bama. He had zero tackles, zero assists, zero pass breakups, and zero interceptions. The reason: he didn't get to play. And he is only projected as a backup next year. As of right now, in the two deep, out of the four spots in the defensive backfield only 3 will be seniors for Bama next year. How is Bell gonna see the field there?

Looking at Ohio State, they have two juniors at CB, and two early enrollees backing them up. At safety, both starters return with a five-star senior and another EE in the two deep. When and where is bell gonna see the field there?

If you really scrutinize our roster at S and CB, you cannot argue that an impact player like Bell has more of a chance to make an impact his freshman year at Tennessee than either of the other schools. Bama has four and five stars starting at almost every position and in the two deep. Ohio State is not far behind. We don't have those types of players and are that far behind in comparison to those two schools.

Flame away.

Concise and detailed analysis...print it up and send it out
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I made a similar comment about Dalton Santos in the Carr thread...I thought about Collins because of his ballyhooed recruitment and the mama drama...hadn't looked up his stats (or lack of)...your point is more valid...Santos was at least a special teams star for the Longhorns and registered some snaps on D for HIS childhood team
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Flame away.

Actually Collins had 17 tackles, 1 punt return, and a blocked kick as a true freshman who played in all 14 games. You might want to research a little better there.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/alab/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/stats/season_stats.pdf

In regards to playing next year Collins is projected to be a starter next to Ha-Ha. Who happened to be the #1 S in the country the year prior. R Lester who is getting ready to get drafted leaves the spot open for him.

Also the point needs to be address is that Bell is not getting recruited just as S but but as a CB as well. Meaning he brings more options than any other DB on the team. I will bet he will see the field as a true freshman next year. See your arguement about depth has no value because we always have seniors or others that fans like to project ahead of incoming freshman. The problem with that arguement is that Collins, G Smith, Ha-Ha, Dre, Dee, and other DBs come in as true freshman and see the field every year.

Reactions: 2 people
Actually Collins had 17 tackles, 1 punt return, and a blocked kick as a true freshman who played in all 14 games. You might want to research a little better there.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/alab/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/stats/season_stats.pdf

In regards to playing next year Collins is projected to be a starter next to Ha-Ha. Who happened to be the #1 S in the country the year prior. R Lester who is getting ready to get drafted leaves the spot open for him.

Also the point needs to be address is that Bell is not getting recruited just as S but but as a CB as well. Meaning he brings more options than any other DB on the team. I will bet he will see the field as a true freshman next year. See your arguement about depth has no value because we always have seniors or others that fans like to project ahead of incoming freshman. The problem with that arguement is that Collins, G Smith, Ha-Ha, Dre, Dee, and other DBs come in as true freshman and see the field every year.

Lose the "e" in argument. Other than that I appreciate the validity of your post and agree with it. The only reasons Bell would want to come to UT is to satisfy his long held desire to be a Vol as well as the ability to start as a true freshman, as compared to just seeing the field. In the end that will drive the decision IMO.

If going to a more successful program that has proven coaching is more important he will go somewhere else like UA or OSU. If he wants to help rebuild UT more and trusts their D-coaches to develop him for the next level he will be a Vol. None of us know the final answer until he signs the line in February.

Lose the "e" in argument. Other than that I appreciate the validity of your post and agree with it. The only reasons Bell would want to come to UT is to satisfy his long held desire to be a Vol as well as the ability to start as a true freshman, as compared to just seeing the field. In the end that will drive the decision IMO.

If going to a more successful program that has proven coaching is more important he will go somewhere else like UA or OSU. If he wants to help rebuild UT more and trusts their D-coaches to develop him for the next level he will be a Vol. None of us know the final answer until he signs the line in February.

It will all come down to CBJ and if he can convince Vonn that him and his staff can bring UT back to the top. Playing time will happen wherever he goes, but can he accomplish his goals at a school. If Jones can convince him of that UT may end up with him. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back