'13 GA DE Carl Lawson (Auburn commit)

Once again thats a huge play, and he had one later in the game. He did play great against UM. Stretched some outside runs and made the tackle but doesnt change my opinion
Clowney is a beast, but UM's LT did a good job on him as a whole. Clowney hardly dominated that game.

At this point, I would take three years with Lawson over one year left with Clowney.

Lawson hasn't played a down in college. You guys need to wake up. Saying Lawson is anywhere near the best player in college football right now is just stupid.

Reactions: 5 people
Lawson is more prepared coming out of high school than Clowney. He's much more polished at his position than Clowney was. With that said, Clowney's ceiling is and has always been much higher.

Honestly I don't think there is a single player in history of sports that hasn't taken a few plays off. It happens. The great ones just make them minimal and not in key situations

Lawson is more prepared coming out of high school than Clowney. He's much more polished at his position than Clowney was. With that said, Clowney's ceiling is and has always been much higher.

In all fairness, how polished can a High School player really be? I'd much rather a raw specimen than someone who's already plateaued on what he can do technically.

Not knocking Lawson either, but I think the reason he's getting so much attention is mostly due to his raw potential, rather than his grasping of football fundamentals.

With that said, I've only watched highlight of Lawson, so I'm certainly no expert. I just know I want him because every other big school wants him.

Has lawson commited yet?

No, and I don't think that will happen till Monday, at the earliest. I still have a feeling he takes the visit to UNC and commits here shortly thereafter. I, also, don't think it's a lock either. Although, I'm 80% sure in my non-expert opinion.,

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
In all fairness, how polished can a High School player really be? I'd much rather a raw specimen than someone who's already plateaued on what he can do technically.

Not knocking Lawson either, but I think the reason he's getting so much attention is mostly due to his raw potential, rather than his grasping of football fundamentals.

With that said, I've only watched highlight of Lawson, so I'm certainly no expert. I just know I want him because every other big school wants him.

He's polished because he's received excellent personal training in high school. You're reading way too far into a statement to assume he's "plateaued" lol. Lawson is better prepared for the college game and making an impact Day 1. The reason Clowney's ceiling is higher is his size. It was a matter of time before it all clicked for him and we've seen that now.

VN Store

Back