Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife, grandson and me saw Robert Hubbs play tonight. He plays for Dyer Co. this guy is the real deal! I cant wait to see him play for the Vols next year! He scored 26 with 4 dunks one dunk coming off an ally hoop!

I'm going to flip if I see one more SG or SF we've recently picked up interest in.

My first thought as well. However, he's 6'1" so maybe he a speedster that plays more off the ball in high school but may make a good PG?

Idk why we can't find a freaking PG that's a good ball handler, it shouldn't be this hard. Guys like Jorgensen, or Owootoah that are attracting mid majors are great ball handlers...our PG recruiting is really starting to frustrate me.

Last edited:
My first thought as well. However, he's 6'1" so maybe he a speedster that plays more off the ball in high school but may make a good PG?

Idk why we can't find a freaking PG that's a good ball handler, it shouldn't be this hard. Guys like Jorgensen, or Owootoah that are attracting mid majors are great ball handlers...our PG recruiting is really starting to frustrate me.

Kid is a lights out shooter. Him and Hubbs could do some damage together shooting wise. I believe the PG position has to be filled by Golden at this point. I know you are a fan BTO of Golden as you try to defend him as best you can. I think if you add Hubbs and a pure shooter like this kid it could really help our offense. Golden is slow but he can handle the ball pretty well. Hubbs should also help this area out a lot too. I'm not saying we don't need a PG but if we can add a great shooter then I'm all for it and this kid is a very good shooter. I'm a defender of CCM and I know you are as well BTO but CCM offense has to change. I haven't quite pinpointed it out yet but our press break is garbage. Sometimes I feel like our players don't read each other. You will see two guys run to the corner as if both are trying to take the ball up the floor then the ball man gets trapped and we turn it over. I feel like our spacing sucks on press break but I also feel as if CCM can't trust Hall or Stokes to come help in the press break so a lot of the time the middle of the court has no one in it. This is bad basketball IMO as the middle is the place to take the ball on a trap press.

A guy named Jon Severe needs to be in orange. Heck, we'll even name a highway after him if he's no stickler for spelling.

Kid is a lights out shooter. Him and Hubbs could do some damage together shooting wise. I believe the PG position has to be filled by Golden at this point. I know you are a fan BTO of Golden as you try to defend him as best you can. I think if you add Hubbs and a pure shooter like this kid it could really help our offense. Golden is slow but he can handle the ball pretty well. Hubbs should also help this area out a lot too. I'm not saying we don't need a PG but if we can add a great shooter then I'm all for it and this kid is a very good shooter. I'm a defender of CCM and I know you are as well BTO but CCM offense has to change. I haven't quite pinpointed it out yet but our press break is garbage. Sometimes I feel like our players don't read each other. You will see two guys run to the corner as if both are trying to take the ball up the floor then the ball man gets trapped and we turn it over. I feel like our spacing sucks on press break but I also feel as if CCM can't trust Hall or Stokes to come help in the press break so a lot of the time the middle of the court has no one in it. This is bad basketball IMO as the middle is the place to take the ball on a trap press.

Having Maymon would improve our press breaking by a mile.

I just think if for nothing else we need a backup PG to golden, if he goes down we see what's behind him.

The first part of this post sounds EXACTLY like our thoughts on Trae Golden when we were recruiting him.

Not sure verbatum but wasn't Golden a quick, smaller off the ball scorer in hs? I may be wrong but I thought that was what Pearl wanted at the time, a scorer who we would teach how to be a point guard.

Trae was a scorer, nearly 30/game, but not a speedster. His lack of elite athleticism was the main reason he was downgraded from a 5 star as a sophomore to 4 star by his senior season.

Not sure verbatum but wasn't Golden a quick, smaller off the ball scorer in hs? I may be wrong but I thought that was what Pearl wanted at the time, a scorer who we would teach how to be a point guard.

Golden has always been stocky and stronger than his competition. It's what allowed him to dominate in high school. College is a different story for him.

Golden has always been stocky and stronger than his competition. It's what allowed him to dominate in high school. College is a different story for him.

I was foggy on the exacts of his recruiting breakdown. I just don't want us to take a project and hope he can turn into a PG. :hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back