'13 GA LB Zach Barnes

If anyone cares, this says Jones wasn't honoring the scholarship offer, he's visiting BYU this weekend:
BYU football: Chasen Andersen, son of Gary Andersen, among four uncommitted prospects in the throng visiting BYU this weekend | Deseret News

Barnes is a 6-foot-4, 225 outside linebacker prospect who had previously committed to Tennessee. Coaching changes at that school left him without an offer, however, and he’s had to re-open his recruitment. Many small schools have offered, but his recruitment looks to be between BYU and Indiana at this late stage. “Penn State is showing me a lot of interest and maybe they’ll offer, but BYU is a program I really like right now and I’m anxious to visit out there this weekend,” Barnes said. “One of my coaches here (Lenny Gregg) played for BYU and he’s taught me a lot about the program and the school and I like what I’ve heard.”

Not much appears to be going on with Barnes recruitment

The thing is, if hes confident he can make an impact at a high level, he could walk on somewhere. I'm sure schools would love to have a guy like him walk on and earn a scholly if one opens up and he proves he belongs. Now about the money thing til then...

The thing is, if hes confident he can make an impact at a high level, he could walk on somewhere. I'm sure schools would love to have a guy like him walk on and earn a scholly if one opens up and he proves he belongs. Now about the money thing til then...

I would probably take one of the scholarship offers I had from Indiana or Southern Miss instead of walking-on if it was me. But hey your plan worked out well for Clay Matthews who, if I'm not mistaken, had some offers fr some smaller schools but chose to walk on at USC and earned a scholarship and became a heck of a player.

Last edited:
:lolabove: :crazy:

Sorry SDV, that was funny.

Nothing your laughing at has been proven false. Sure, he had no buisness being a defensive coordinator, but that does not mean that he did not know what he was doing when it came to evaluating lbs. We won't know the answer to that until we see the performance of vereen, goeas, zanca, and barnes 4 years down the road.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nothing your laughing at has been proven false. Sure, he had no buisness being a defensive coordinator, but that does not mean that he did not know what he was doing when it came to evaluating lbs. We won't know the answer to that until we see the performance of vereen, goeas, zanca, and barnes 4 years down the road.

If anyone can remember, please bump this post in about 3 or 4 years. It will prove Sal a moron, and vol2013 a close 2nd for a veiled defense.

If anyone can remember, please bump this post in about 3 or 4 years. It will prove Sal a moron, and vol2013 a close 2nd for a veiled defense.

Well, your post does not even need to be bumped to prove you are a dumbass. Nowhere did I say that Sal could or could not evaluate LBs. Just stated that there is currently no evidence of his evaluation skills at all.

Well, your post does not even need to be bumped to prove you are a dumbass. Nowhere did I say that Sal could or could not evaluate LBs. Just stated that there is currently no evidence of his evaluation skills at all.

You're completely saturated with stupidity! Sal is an incompetent dumbass that's proven it beyond all reasonable doubt, except to you, which makes you a mental invalid! You should be restricted to posting in the endzone.

Reactions: 1 person
Just hit up his profile and checked his posts; guy is a true tard. He lives in the recruiting forum and is a complete ignorant! I think he may be govols/cc's little brother.

Yeah another 'breakfast club' guy that shares a brain with some of the others on here. Never even had problem with him until he made announcements about his sissy button list. Told me what I needed to know about his existence on here.

Back to Zach Barnes, hope we are able to score Levenberry and possibly Skai Moore. If not, I wonder if CBJ and staff will throw a flier on this guy with our shortages at LBer?

Last edited:
You're completely saturated with stupidity! Sal is an incompetent dumbass that's proven it beyond all reasonable doubt, except to you, which makes you a mental invalid! You should be restricted to posting in the endzone.

A lot of people are incompetent when promoted to a higher job, but that doesn't mean that they are incompetent at there previous job. For example wouldn't want Randy Shannon or Ron Zook as a head coach, but people would take them as a DC. Sal has been a successful position coach for years, which is why he was not unemployed for very long. Evaluating players is something that he has experience at from being a position coach, and for all we know at this poiny he could do that well.

A lot of people are incompetent when promoted to a higher job, but that doesn't mean that they are incompetent at there previous job. For example wouldn't want Randy Shannon or Ron Zook as a head coach, but people would take them as a DC. Sal has been a successful position coach for years, which is why he was not unemployed for very long. Evaluating players is something that he has experience at from being a position coach, and for all we know at this poiny he could do that well.

Link to his evaluating skills? And don't try bama. Saban is a micromanaging control freak. He's not letting anyone tell him who to recruit. If Sal recommended Barnes to Saban, that midget would flip him a bird and say, "get the F outta my face and get the F off of my staff cause you're F'n fired you dumbass mother F'er!"

We don't want him. You guys can keep him.

Link to his evaluating skills? And don't try bama. Saban is a micromanaging control freak. He's not letting anyone tell him who to recruit. If Sal recommended Barnes to Saban, that midget would flip him a bird and say, "get the F outta my face and get the F off of my staff cause you're F'n fired you dumbass mother F'er!"

I just laughed out loud thinking about Sal's fat ass being fired for just being dumb.

My hate for him may be boundless.

Wow - perspective.

Thanks, you're so mature that I learned quite a bit from your insightful and witty comment.

Still hate Sal Sunseri, and I honestly don't know how a Vol fan wouldn't. He ruined our season, and he seemed like a grade A prick doing it. On top of that, he passed on good-to-elite prospects who liked UT, to recruit kids that didn't belong on Shields Watkins Field.

Barnes seemed like a good kid, and I hope he lands on his feet somewhere. However, he likely wasn't Tennessee quality, and Sal was a douche.

Thanks, you're so mature that I learned quite a bit from your insightful and witty comment.

Still hate Sal Sunseri, and I honestly don't know how a Vol fan wouldn't. He ruined our season, and he seemed like a grade A prick doing it. On top of that, he passed on good-to-elite prospects who liked UT, to recruit kids that didn't belong on Shields Watkins Field.

Barnes seemed like a good kid, and I hope he lands on his feet somewhere. However, he likely wasn't Tennessee quality, and Sal was a douche.

Sal was a douche. Insert fat joke here.

Reactions: 1 person
Even now I wonder how VN was in a frenzy for so long with the expectation of hiring Randy Shannon...the AD hired Sal, who had never even been a DC, to install a completely new 3/4 defense...and Shannon went to TCU to coach LBs. Oh I know, Shannon had NCAA questions, but still, that ain't right.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back