knowing what you do know now...

I have no idea why either Trae or McBee see more than 5 minutes a game. They are both turnover machines.

My starting 5 would be Richardson, McRae, Stokes, Hall, and Reese.

I have no idea why either Trae or McBee see more than 5 minutes a game. They are both turnover machines.

My starting 5 would be Richardson, McRae, Stokes, Hall, and Reese.

We would see relentless full court pressure with that bunch out there.

Not sure why Lopez didn't see the court at UK. He can at least dribble the ball up the court and make a pass.

We would see relentless full court pressure with that bunch out there.

Not sure why Lopez didn't see the court at UK. He can at least dribble the ball up the court and make a pass.

Lopez hasn't proven anything. Didn't he turn the nball over 3 straight times the last time he played?

Lopez is a walk on for a reason. He's one of the few players that I remember that got a breakaway layup blocked from behind by an Ole Miss player.

To use a recent example (last 10 years), Bruce Pearl brought in a style from another conference against 11 other teams who did it differently and parlayed that into a #2 NCAA seed in his first season as head coach.

Going back a little further in history (last 25 years), Steve Spurrier brought in a style of football from another conference against 11 other teams who did it differently and built an SEC powerhouse football program.

This would be the antithesis to your theory that an unfamiliar system can't work amongst a group of teams that traditionally play a certain brand.

Pearl also had a big upgrade of talent when he came here and played up tempo as faster. Far from what he was running. He morphed his offensive game.

Actually it's not. He's a terrible coach. Bruce or any competent coach would have beat KY last night. KY is down and with or without maymon we could have one. You guys who keep saying we would have won with Maymon are idiots. Blaming a loss bc we are missing a player is stupid especially when we lose to garbage teams. Why you guys think all coaches should be granted 4 years or more before you judge results are crazy. The writing is on the wall. Jarnel Stokes should be a beast right now. Instead he's soft. That's 100% coaching fellas. Please someone give me an educated answer as to why I could be wrong.

I'm not so much defending Martin, but you realize Pearl lost badly to some "bad" Kentucky teams, right? Their team a few years back that went to the NIT blew out UT twice.

We could have beaten UK, but UK owns UT, so let's not act like last Tuesday's game was that big of a surprise. There's a reason we've only won 4 times total at Rupp, and 2 of those were over 30 years ago.

Pearl also had a big upgrade of talent when he came here and played up tempo as faster. Far from what he was running. He morphed his offensive game.

Its hard to understand your point amongst the vagueness and ambiguity here. Upgrade in what talent? So, what if Pearl played faster? He brought in a system completely different than his contemporaries in the conference and won with it.

Your exact quote was something along the lines of, "You're a dumbass if you think he's going to come in here running a system different from the other 13 teams and win with it."

I gave you two examples of coaches who did just that. Urban Meyer at Florida would be another example when he brought the spread option to the SEC.

You don't know that. Hart didn't hire him and we saw how much Dooley lasted.

Yes. That's almost a guarantee. This isn't Duke or Kentucky. No way Martin is shown the door this season. Next season is when he'll earn his raise or be close to being fired. And Hart doesn't exactly have a strong record of homerun hires.

I know outside of Martin getting a felony that he's getting at least another year.

Some of you that try and play athletic director would have UT as the laughingstock of the world. Hell, you would make Mike Hamilton look competent.

I know outside of Martin getting a felony that he's getting at least another year.

Some of you that try and play athletic director would have UT as the laughingstock of the world. Hell, you would make Mike Hamilton look competent.

Apt. Apt assessment, OB.

Dooley was in Year 3, and a year most people agreed he needed to do well. He didn't. Plus depending on who you listen to, Dooley's fate might not have been fully sealed until the Vandy blowout; meaning had UT found a way to upset Vandy, he may have still saved his job.

It's pretty clear to most that next year is Martin's year to make or break. If they only win 2 games from here out, then yes Hart will almost have to make a change, but I seriously doubt that happens.

So yes, you can say no one knows for sure, but you can make a pretty educated prediction: Martin will be here next year.

Yes. That's almost a guarantee. This isn't Duke or Kentucky. No way Martin is shown the door this season. Next season is when he'll earn his raise or be close to being fired. And Hart doesn't exactly have a strong record of homerun hires.

I agree with you that he won't be fired but I hate that argument....its like you are saying we are just lowly Tennessee and shouldn't expect better.

I agree with you that he won't be fired but I hate that argument....its like you are saying we are just lowly Tennessee and shouldn't expect better.

Heck it's a good thing duke doesn't do business that way...K was a combined 38-47 in his first 3 years with 1 NIT appearance.

Again, good thing some of these posters aren't AD. We'd be the laughingstock of all collegiate sports. Some of you would make Mike Hamilton look like the greatest AD ever.

Also the year he lost half his team to the mafia.

Not to make light of a dark situation, but sometimes dire moments such as our team faced with the suspensions pulls a team together and lights a fire under them. They came right back out and punched Kansas in the mouth.

VN Store

Back