Has Saban Built A Dynasty?

As a UF fan who grew up during Spurrier's run, I'd gladly take 3/4 over 1 title with 4 straight SEC titles.

Who cares.........remember Nebraska's or Miami's Dynasty? Because I don't, in 5-10 years Alabama will be forgotten.

Don't know how old you are but YESSSS I surely do. To this day I argue 95 Nebraska is best team I ever seen walk the field

:banghead2:As bad as i hate to say it the little B@@@ARD has, only hope some NFL team trow about 15 mill toward him, he still might stay.

Don't know how old you are but YESSSS I surely do. To this day I argue 95 Nebraska is best team I ever seen walk the field

I don't know how any team could be better than 95 Nebraska. They totally controlled both lines of scrimmage. They just couldn't be stopped.

I don't know how any team could be better than 95 Nebraska. They totally controlled both lines of scrimmage. They just couldn't be stopped.

I am not entirely convinced of that. As great as they were, the ’95 Nebraska team would, in my opinion, receive serious competition for that title from . . . the 1971 Nebraska team. En route to their second consecutive national championship, the ’71 team defeated Colorado, Oklahoma, and Alabama, which would finish 3rd, 2nd and 4th, respectively, in the final AP poll, by the scores of 31-7, 35-31 and 38-6, respectively. That Cornhusker team defeated its 13 opponents by the combined score of 507-104. See Nebraska Historical Scores and 1971 college football season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

To this day, many knowledgeable observers have characterized the ’71 Oklahoma-Nebraska game as the “greatest college football game of all time.” It certainly wins my vote as the greatest game that I have witnessed in my 45 years of fandom. Oklahoma had the most prolific running attack of all time that year (472.4 ypg; see p. 16 of http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2012/fbs.pdf) and Nebraska held them to just under 300. For those of you who are too young to remember this game, or would like to revisit an old classic, here are links to the broadcast:

1971 Nebraska vs Oklahoma 1 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma 2 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - 3 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - 4 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - 5 of 5 - YouTube

Last edited:
I am not entirely convinced of that. As great as they were, the ’95 Nebraska team would, in my opinion, receive serious competition for that title from . . . the 1971 Nebraska team. En route to their second consecutive national championship, the ’71 team defeated Colorado, Oklahoma, and Alabama, which would finish 3rd, 2nd and 4th, respectively, in the final AP poll, by the scores of 31-7, 35-31 and 38-6, respectively. That Cornhusker team defeated its 13 opponents by the combined score of 507-104. See Nebraska Historical Scores and 1971 college football season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

To this day, many knowledgeable observers have characterized the ’71 Oklahoma-Nebraska game as the “greatest college football game of all time.” It certainly wins my vote as the greatest game that I have witnessed in my 45 years of fandom. Oklahoma had the most prolific running attack of all time that year (472.4 ypg; see p. 16 of http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2012/fbs.pdf) and Nebraska held them to just under 300. For those of you who are too young to remember this game, or would like to revisit an old classic, here are links to the broadcast:

1971 Nebraska vs Oklahoma 1 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma 2 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - 3 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - 4 of 5 - YouTube

1971 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma - 5 of 5 - YouTube

Good Find. May watch this tonight when I get home.

was that tear-a-way jersey era yet?

i don't count any game where the players look like they're ready to be in flashdance when the game is over.

Maybe Saban could go coach at Oregon and build a "Duck Dynasty," Jack.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    1.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
And, do not forget division titles.

Please tell me you're kidding.

That's right. Would Bama have gotten the rematch with LSU under the old system?

The way things are today, I am not sure winning an SEC title is not harder. You lose the wrong game and your out. With the BCS you can get another chance. However, with the BCS you have to be fortunate if you lose a game because if there are two teams that are undefeated you may not get in.

Possibly, UF got a rematch with FSU in '96.

Also, keep in mind, if OSU wasn't on probation you're most likely looking at a Notre Dame/ OSU BCS title game this year.

VN Store

Back