The Runner's thread

Put in 5K this afternoon, 22:50 or 7:21 / mile

I use the Nike + running app. What is your username on there and I'll add you?

Pualsline

Glad to have someone else.

My Nike has been acting weird lately.

Has anyone else had this problem...
I will be running and the app will pause the run but not tell me and I usually run another miles or two before I realize it so it doesn't record it.

At the above suggestions, I ran intervals for the first time last night (treadmill of course). I wasn't sure where to start so I did 1 minute fast, 1 minute at long-distance pace cycles x 10 with a warmup and cool down jog. I think including a day like this each week will help my speed (I've been at a bit of a plateau)...

Pualsline

Glad to have someone else.

My Nike has been acting weird lately.

Has anyone else had this problem...
I will be running and the app will pause the run but not tell me and I usually run another miles or two before I realize it so it doesn't record it.

Added you on the Nike+. I've not had any issues with it, but have only been using it for a couple months.

2.0 in 18:43 today. Treadmill set incline at 2. Last 3/4 of a mile was under 9:00 and easy.

Weekly Total: 8 miles

I've been reading Born To Run, I'm almost finished with it. While I'm not about to go out and start running in sandals or straight up barefoot, a lot of what it says makes sense. I've been looking at a lot of articles/videos on proper running form after realizing mine is terrible. I've got long strides and a major heel strike, but my posture is pretty good. I focused on leaning slightly forward from the ankles today and it was amazing how much that forced everything else in to check. I was landing midfoot on a flexed knee with a much higher turnover. Maybe eventually once I've transitioned into the right form, I'll try out some zero drop shoes to make sure I don't land on my heel, but for now I'm going to keep focusing on my getting everything right.

Just added two of you guys to my friends list on Nike +...love it

So this might not be a lot for some of you but I am proud to finally hit this mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2
3.44 today with my new form. Only meant to go 3. I don't know how fast I was going but I felt like I was flying.

Weekly Total: 11.44 miles

Last edited:
3.44 today with my new form. Only meant to go 3. I don't know how fast I was going but I felt like I was flying.

Weekly Total: 11.44 miles

It's crazy what changing one small thing in your running form will do for you. I changed one or two small things about a year ago and it made my runs so much more comfortable.

3C2EFD29-9AF2-4633-BD61-D66549018A3B-117-00000000C25A39ED.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
waiting on it to warm for just a bit before I hit the running today... Just can't do a run in 24° weather today... Supposed to be 50 by later in the afternoon

My view for 6 miles today

That's awesome. It looks nice and flat too, hah.

1.88 in 15:43 today. That was a LOT faster than I expected. That's almost my goal pace for the end of February. Hopefully I can make it feel easier.

Weekly Total: 13.32 Miles

I'm running Wanderer's tomorrow, that'll put my weekly total at ~17, fun cutback week.

That's awesome. It looks nice and flat too, hah.

1.88 in 15:43 today. That was a LOT faster than I expected. That's almost my goal pace for the end of February. Hopefully I can make it feel easier.

Weekly Total: 13.32 Miles

I'm running Wanderer's tomorrow, that'll put my weekly total at ~17, fun cutback week.
It is very flat, just how I like it :)

VN Store

Back