2013 TN PG Darius Thompson

Apparently CCM will not be in attendance for Owootoah's game tonight. Maybe it's weather related, or maybe something came up, but here's my take.

Lewis said staff visited Thompson Wednesday, and was pushing hard for him to visit this weekend. I'm wondering if Thompson is going to come in, and so Zo will stay here in Knoxville to host he and his family.

Rob Lewis is making it sound like the staff REALLY wants Thompson and that he is their #1 target right now. Said staff is still in evaluation of Owootoah, and that with official offer to Thompson by Zo Wednesday it's becoming clear Tennessee wants to get him "ASAP".

I got to watch him play tonight.....good bb IQ, plays under control, good shooter, better passer....as I walked by him during warm-ups, hollered GO VOLS!, he glanced over and smiled a little....I would like to see him in Orange

Darius didn't have one of his better games last night. Darius is 6'4 with long arms. His quickness isn't great but he makes up some of this with his length. He is a good penetrate and dish type of player. He can also penetrate and score but he seems to prefer dishing. He averages almost 7 assists per game. He also has a good 3 point shot. He will be a great "team" player. I would love to see him a Vol. I believe he will help us to win again which is what I want to do.

I swapped texts with Darius this morning and he is not coming to Knoxville on an unofficial today as Tennessee had hoped/planned. I wouldn't interpret that as a good sign.

-Rob Lewis

Darius didn't have one of his better games last night. Darius is 6'4 with long arms. His quickness isn't great but he makes up some of this with his length. He is a good penetrate and dish type of player. He can also penetrate and score but he seems to prefer dishing. He averages almost 7 assists per game. He also has a good 3 point shot. He will be a great "team" player. I would love to see him a Vol. I believe he will help us to win again which is what I want to do.

UT has plenty of team players. they need some stud scorers.

Honestly, that may have been the best move for him.

But he's the enemy now, so I hope we rip his head off next season.

I hope he enjoys being brow beated by ol' Baldy and watching his team fail to meet expectations. Stallings has that down to a science now.

We got in on this one WAY too late...this may be a blessing in disguise though.

I would much rather had Owootoah over Thompson, he fits what we need much more...but it looked like the staff may have like Thompson more. Let's hope this pushed us to put the full court press on Emmanuel, he's gonna be a good one IMO.

VN Store

Back