Paint the rock for the 18th!!

Devaun Swafford ‏@d_swafford8
Imma be in Knox with them VFL boys first thing in the morning!
Expand

1h JASON DUNN ‏@DUNN4FUN79
@d_swafford8 the rock is waiting on you ..VFL..enjoy your trip pic.twitter.com/25c1AFeB
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More

57m Devaun Swafford ‏@d_swafford8
@DUNN4FUN79 yeah add that name I'll be there tomorrow.

Another job well done! True VFL's! Austin Sanders already tweeted a pic of it so I'm sure they've all seen it, awesome job!

I've got a picture on my Twitter as well. Hopefully if enough people post the pic, it'll spread rapidly.

Supposedly, the rock has already been painted over. May be a false alarm, but someone in the football forum is going to check it out.

Supposedly, the rock has already been painted over. May be a false alarm, but someone in the football forum is going to check it out.

Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast. The stupid sorority sluts painted over it last year. That's why it's really important to get as many pictures as possible out there as quickly as possible. I saw in the FF where Austin Sanders already tweeted a pic. I posted a pic on my Twitter account as well. Trying to get it to spread....

Yea it was retweeted by the Vol recruiting account (not affiliated with the university I believe) and I'm sure all the visitors will see it thru that at least.

@Vols_Recruiting The Rock. #RiseToTheTop RT @SandysSanders52: pic.twitter.com/5hq14ahR

Damn, if we can't keep the rock painted long enough for the recruits to see it in person, we might as well photo shop it and call it a night....thanks for the effort though Ertel and Co.

The recuits have seen it
I wonder what some think. I saw on twitter some guys like Bellamy, Sutton, and a few more of our commits liked it. Wonder if it had any impact on Lawson, Barber, etc.

Also great job guys, it looked amazing. Too bad it apparently got painted over after a few hours.

I wonder what some think. I saw on twitter some guys like Bellamy, Sutton, and a few more of our commits liked it. Wonder if it had any impact on Lawson, Barber, etc.

Also great job guys, it looked amazing. Too bad it apparently got painted over after a few hours.
That why I brought that up. I think compliance is putting their foot down.

Compliance stance has to be that is shouldn't be done wink wink.

Bruin ... I hate to agree with (it's just bad Karma, ya know) but I think you're right.

In the end, I just don't see any way the school could get in trouble for fans painting the rock.

Reactions: 1 person
Bruin ... I hate to agree with (it's just bad Karma, ya know) but I think you're right.

In the end, I just don't see any way the school could get in trouble for fans painting the rock.

As long as the public stance is that it shouldn't be done then there is nothing the NCAA can do about it. Privately I am sure everyone on the football staff wants this to happen

Compliance stance has to be that is shouldn't be done wink wink.
It's really none of their business, nor the NCAA's for that matter. It's absolutely no different than us or the recruiting services PUBLICLY listing who is visiting this weekend....on PUBLIC message boards and PAID recruiting service websites.

If it's on the Athletic Dept grounds, that's one thing....but a fixture on campus? All compliance has to do is point to the fact that this is the students and public domain...and as such, it has had all manner of painted messages for years and years.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back