Beer (and beer pics!)

Scouted around the No Da area of Charlotte. Birdsong has some interesting stuff, they are very experimental. Many beers are named after song titles.

Doin' Thyme Wit - not a strong Thyme or Wit taste but an interesting blend and you can definitely taste both.

Free Will Pale - solid Pale Ale. Name comes from Rush's song Free Will. Used to be a Rush fan so hard to mess this one up.

Jalapeno Pale - this is not hot or spicy at all. They captured the pepper taste of the Jalapeno. Not bad and totally different than the Chili style beers.

Lazy Bird Brown - very good brown ale. One of their best IMO

Higher Ground IPA - this is a mild IPA, more like the British style. Very balanced taste.

The Pride Abbey - this is a porter style though they want it to be Belgian twist. It was OK but I didn't get much Belgian from it.

Raise a Ruckus - Dark Rye, did not particularly like this one. Very dark and heavy, very little hint of Rye.

Attachments

• Birdsong.jpg
    Birdsong.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1
So was in No Da Brewery in Charlotte, on the porch spotted a black lab so I sat next to it since dogs are much cooler than people. The owner was across the porch and gave the dog a simple command to get him a beer. I've seen videos of this but not witnessed it myself. The dog opened a closed cooler and brought him a beer. Man it was cool as hell. I wish I could train my dogs like that.

Oh, beer was good as well. I like their Cold Crash Winter brew. Their Santa Baby is too seasonal, very fruity and herbal.

Attachments

• Beer Dog.jpg
    Beer Dog.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Dog and Cooler.jpg
    Dog and Cooler.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Dog and Beer.jpg
    Dog and Beer.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 47
I talked to the owner at Winter Warmer, telling him that I hoped to distribute may have helped persuade him. Hey, I can dream I'm that influential.

LOL, Who knows?...They've been talking about it for awhile but glad they are here. Good guys. Talked to them at the brewer's reception at ENBF. They are doing a tap takeover tonight at 12 South.

LOL, Who knows?...They've been talking about it for awhile but glad they are here. Good guys. Talked to them at the brewer's reception at ENBF. They are doing a tap takeover tonight at 12 South.
I heard about that, wish I could go. I started a topic on BA and some Kentuckians are pissed because Flat 12 bypassed them to come to Tennessee. That Matt guy has some serious pull is all I got to say.

Whew!...almost fell to second page....

Got 3 beers this weekend for the fridge..Lagunitas Sucks, New Glarus Belgian Red and Great Lakes Barrel Aged Blackout Stout.

Got this month's craft beer shipment, Speak Easy Ales and Lagers from San Fran is one of the features breweries.

Big Daddy IPA - very good IPA, very balanced with just enough hoppy bite. Would get this if I could find it anywhere. Who needs San Diego or Oregon, San Fran baby! :)

Mad River Extra Pale Ale - filled one of the growlers with this one. Tasted better at the growler bar than at home. Very sweet, ok for one beer but not a session beer.

Attachments

• Big Daddy and Mad River.jpg
    Big Daddy and Mad River.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 0
Love the growler craze. I need one locally and it might happen soon but I'm always looking for extra trips to Atlanta to fill my growlers.

There is a big rally at Yazoo tomorrow. They need to do a much better job at publizng this stuff though
Why do a rally on Wednesday. I would like to help on some of this stuff, but I can't on weekdays. i live 2 hours away.

Oh, and I sent my emails to my reps. I've been getting to know one of them decently because of a tax issue I had with my own business.

Why do a rally on Wednesday. I would like to help on some of this stuff, but I can't on weekdays. i live 2 hours away.

Oh, and I sent my emails to my reps. I've been getting to know one of them decently because of a tax issue I had with my own business.

I feel the same way. I would love to help with that stuff and I have told Neil that. I am in Chattanooga though so that makes it hard.

I think (hope) that they plan on more rallies. I love Linus and the guys, but they need to work harder getting the word out. They were at the Winter Warmer signing people up and then you didn't hear a word. I wouldn't have known about the website at all if it hadn't just been posted on our Nashville beer group on Facebook. Probably holding the rally since maybe the legislature is in session and better chance getting media attention during the week.

These crazy taxes hold TN breweries back. If something can be done about the taxes more funds would be freed up for marketing. I am connected to alot of people that are "in the know" on this and as early as next year there will be a different enviroment in our state as far a beer and alchohol are concerned. The craft brew and craft liquor market is growing like crazy and TN is falling behind. The solution(s) is happening slowly but it is happening.

I just hate how a lot of the response I'm getting on other forums is "well we don't have an income tax so it has to come from somewhere". They aren't looking into it. I don't mind a tax being levied on me for drinking beer, but to also have it levied against the brewer to the point that I don't even have the opportunity to drink it. They need to look into it.

I just hate how a lot of the response I'm getting on other forums is "well we don't have an income tax so it has to come from somewhere". They aren't looking into it. I don't mind a tax being levied on me for drinking beer, but to also have it levied against the brewer to the point that I don't even have the opportunity to drink it. They need to look into it.

Exactly

The tax rates on craft beer are way higher that your typical bud light, coors, miller, and stuff like that. It makes no sense. The county in which the beer is produced benefits. Theses laws are odd.

The best thing we can do right now is flood the mailboxes/phones of the reps. Get as many people to fill out the form on that website.

VN Store

Back