Those who say CCM doesn't work the refs...

So he's gone from blaming players not making enough shots to the refs now? Good grief.

Yea the guy always uses the words they, not we in his pressers, you're right. He has definitely taken blame for the poor play, would you like some quotes?

Why does everyone(I realized not everyone, literally) want him to get a tech? I think he works the refs enough. Vol fans should be proud that we don't have a bat crap crazy guy losing control of his emotions and providing that as an example to his players. Coaches that scream and cuss on the regular teach their players to do so as well. That isn't good for anyone.

You must have never played organized basketball. A coach getting a T is a great way to fire your players up and to get the crowd going not too mention you get to let refs know how you feel about the calls. Coach K cusses and screams. Almost every great coach is crazy on the sidelines and that's hood for the entire game of basketball.

You must have never played organized basketball. A coach getting a T is a great way to fire your players up and to get the crowd going not too mention you get to let refs know how you feel about the calls. Coach K cusses and screams. Almost every great coach is crazy on the sidelines and that's hood for the entire game of basketball.

I think I'd rather have a coach that I could take my 8 year old to a practice and not have to leave after 10 minutes because of all the "teenage look at me I'm cool" screaming and cursing like some common street thug....and by the way Cal may be as bad as Kevin O'neal was....I've been around Cal off court on several occassions and that's the language he uses everyday...still liked him though...Soooooooooo...I too would like to see CCM be a little more assertive on the sidelines although I have seen him so great emotion on several occassions...just doesnt live with emotions all the time...

Why does everyone(I realized not everyone, literally) want him to get a tech? I think he works the refs enough. Vol fans should be proud that we don't have a bat crap crazy guy losing control of his emotions and providing that as an example to his players. Coaches that scream and cuss on the regular teach their players to do so as well. That isn't good for anyone.

Yea because we've got so many players playing with a lot of emotion in games.

If he couldn't find a way to get a tech while they reviewed a non-foul by McBee and came back with their BS foul call, then he is behind the curve in coaching. All I would have done is told them to keep rewinding the tape and go back and call all of the fouls and walks they missed already. He is weak on the bench for not supporting his guys.

If he couldn't find a way to get a tech while they reviewed a non-foul by McBee and came back with their BS foul call, then he is behind the curve in coaching. All I would have done is told them to keep rewinding the tape and go back and call all of the fouls and walks they missed already. He is weak on the bench for not supporting his guys.

That was a foul on Mcbee, arguing it would make you look dumb.

I've said all along he is learning to coach on the big stage. It's a tough process that very few people can master. Hopefully we'll see cuonzo making progress the rest of the season, starting today against a cream puff at home.

Reactions: 1 person
I've said all along he is learning to coach on the big stage. It's a tough process that very few people can master. Hopefully we'll see cuonzo making progress the rest of the season, starting today against a cream puff at home.

I doubt you hope that. You're more interested in him proving your foolish thread from last year to be correct.

Reactions: 2 people
I doubt you hope that. You're more interested in him proving your foolish thread from last year to be correct.

Whatever. When did I ever bump that thread? When have I ever gloated? Losing sucks. No need in you being irrational. Winning cures all ills.

Getting a T is a philosophy, just like not calling a timeout to stop runs. Some guys do it, some don't.

I'm breaking my policy of replying to you, but go ahead, please quote where I've gloated about a loss or this team sucking.

Good luck.

You do it after every loss. Check out the "goodbye cuonzo" thread. Hell, look in any thread after a loss. You gloat after every loss and rarely post after wins. I wonder why?

Shocking. Back to the ignore policy.

Shocking that you primarily only post after losses and rarely give credit. I wonder why?

You can't admit the stupid thread you created over a year ago is more about soothing your ego than anything else. Why else would anyone make such a stupid thread 14 games into a coach's first year? Sorry, we all know the answer.

You'd rather Martin and UT fail than anything else.

Its not about a T. Its about working the refs. Making sure they know they miss a call. Pointing out what they are missing. Those lead to whistles and points, and when you aren't doing it, and you have no coach k like respect from the refs, you have to work for it.

And last, its about showing your team that you aren't going to just lay down and watch it happen. Players feed off that more than a T.

I'd imagine that you, me and bTNo aren't the only ones who have noticed.

Like I've pointed out, and he's never responded to rationally...

Where are his "positive" posts?

When Hubbs signed where was the hell yea, or go Zo, or whatever?

When we best UCONN where was the, that a way guys?

When we swept Florida, where was the go big orange?

When we beat Wichita State this year, where was the, now let's get this thing rolling?

All I see are negative posts from him...after good things you don't see him, but by god he's everywhere after a loss.

His thoughts on the officiating in recent games:

“The Kentucky game, I thought that was a tough officiated game. That was a game I was sitting there trying to get a tech from those guys. I thought there were some questionable calls at Alabama as well. As hard as you’re playing, you’re trying to compete and as tough as it is to win on the road, you’ve got to give guys a fair chance. I thought some of those calls; I thought they were ridiculous to be honest with you. I said you can’t win ball games like that. Then if it’s going to be played that way just call it on both ends of the floor. I just think you have to have some consistency in that department.”

Coaches who sit are not the ones who draw technical fouls. Cuonzo can say anything he likes post-game to try to alter his perception as a non-involved coach, but actions speak louder than words. He has to walk the walk more than just talk the talk. I'm not buying what he's selling until I see it with my own eyes.

Coaches who sit are not the ones who draw technical fouls. Cuonzo can say anything he likes post-game to try to alter his perception as a non-involved coach, but actions speak louder than words. He has to walk the walk more than just talk the talk. I'm not buying what he's selling until I see it with my own eyes.

He is off his chair for probably 39/40 minutes a game, what more do you want?

He is off his chair for probably 39/40 minutes a game, what more do you want?

Good to see him pacing the floor rather than actually sitting as he implied, but getting deep in the chest of the refs when they call a game as poorly as the KY game would be a nice improvement. That game could have, and should have, been a victory for the Vols. Even A&M had no trouble knocking them off at Rump Arena. We won't get many opportunities to knock off KY at their own place in the future.

IE, not sure if you realize it, but this really is what it seems like.

When we win, I post. I like winning, no apologies will be given.

Congrats to Martin winning his first conference game today. We need to hold home court from here out and build some momentum.

Like I've pointed out, and he's never responded to rationally...

Where are his "positive" posts?

When Hubbs signed where was the hell yea, or go Zo, or whatever?

When we best UCONN where was the, that a way guys?

When we swept Florida, where was the go big orange?

When we beat Wichita State this year, where was the, now let's get this thing rolling?

All I see are negative posts from him...after good things you don't see him, but by god he's everywhere after a loss.

I've told you before, I can't read the posts for you. If you only choose to read the negatives that's up to you.

Hell, I started a thread after the Memphis LOSS giving Martin credit for keeping the team playing hard when they could have quit.

VN Store

Back