'13 GA RB Peyton Barber

Barber still considers himself an Ole Miss commit, but will make a final decision between Ole Miss, Auburn, Tennessee, UCLA, and Texas. He went on to say all schools are even.

He had this to say about Tennessee:

"I really like the coaching staff there," Barber said. "They keep it real with me. Also, my mom went to Tennessee. They're telling me I'd be an every-down back. They're getting a good look."

:dance2::rock::groupwave:

Barber still considers himself an Ole Miss commit, but will make a final decision between Ole Miss, Auburn, Tennessee, UCLA, and Texas. He went on to say all schools are even.

He had this to say about Tennessee:

"I really like the coaching staff there," Barber said. "They keep it real with me. Also, my mom went to Tennessee. They're telling me I'd be an every-down back. They're getting a good look."

So anothe Vol legacy? That is the way I see it! Excellent :)

Reactions: 2 people
Ngl it must suck to be Lane,and Neal with all of these highly ranked RB's possibly coming here

Lane and Neal will get their fair share of carries.

No huddle teams get in more snaps per game because of how fast they play, meaning more touches for everyone.

Plus the addition of the zone read means our offensive line has 1 less defender to block. So they'll be enough carries and yards for a 3 headed monster in the backfield.

Barber is a machine!!!!!!!! That dude owned people in those highlights. He is a must get for this staff. Screw ole pi$$ come to k-town and here this stadium rock when you break away. Would be an incredible pull for this class. I want this years gurley and yeldon so we can beast again

Reactions: 1 person
Lane and Neal will get their fair share of carries.

No huddle teams get in more snaps per game because of how fast they play, meaning more touches for everyone.

Plus the addition of the zone read means our offensive line has 1 less defender to block. So they'll be enough carries and yards for a 3 headed monster in the backfield.

How does the zone read mean one less defender to block?

If we were able to pull this guy I would be ecstatic. Reminds me a lot of CJ Spiller. This dude is a baller!!

How does the zone read mean one less defender to block?

You leave one man unblocked and have the qb read him.

Teams that don't use the qb in the running game are playing 9 on 11 because the qb isn't blocking and the RB can't block for himself.

So by making the qb responsible for one player, you turn that into 10 on 11. Thus one less man to block.

Reactions: 3 people
You leave one man unblocked and have the qb read him.

Teams that don't use the qb in the running game are playing 9 on 11 because the qb isn't blocking and the RB can't block for himself.

So by making the qb responsible for one player, you turn that into 10 on 11. Thus one less man to block.

This is all true, but if they play cover 3, their FS is usually too deep to be in on a running play so it ends up being 10 on 10.

It also make blocking easier to remember because u have ur man in your zone. am I right?

The blocking is very simply. I started a thread on it awhile back titled everything you need to know about the zone read. Check it out. I plan on adding more soon.

VN Store

Back