'14 TN DB Todd Kelly Jr. (UT Signee 2/5/14)

The biggest form of flattery for a defensive player is watching the opposing offense run plays away from him. Offensive coordinators flattered Todd Kelly Jr. so much this past season, he might have been blushing underneath his Webb School of Knoxville football helmet. Most wanted no part of the 6-foot, 190-pound defensive back.

"Not only is he a great run-stopper," said Webb coach David Meske, "but he's also a great cover guy. Everyone knows where he is on the field. Everyone's going to try to stay away from him on both sides of the ball."

Kelly received another form of flattery after the season when he was named PrepXtra Defensive Player of the Year.

PrepXtra Defensive Player of the Year: Webb's Todd Kelly Jr. » Knoxville News Sentinel

Pretty sure they have season tickets or at least are regulars. Read somewhere that he makes it to most all home games.

After the coaches were introduced at the game today they all met Kelly and his mom in the tunnel and spoke for at least 15 minutes together. Martinez and Stripling were particularly engaged. Good to see.

After the coaches were introduced at the game today they all met Kelly and his mom in the tunnel and spoke for at least 15 minutes together. Martinez and Stripling were particularly engaged. Good to see.

I dig it, this new staff is already doing more than the last one in regards to recruiting. These guys aren't playing around.

I saw it and couldn't figure out who it was. It had looked to me that he had just committed although I'm not 100% sure. I doubt it since he's '14. Everyone looked real happy and everyone was giving him hugs and stuff like that.

I saw it and couldn't figure out who it was. It had looked to me that he had just committed although I'm not 100% sure. I doubt it since he's '14. Everyone looked real happy and everyone was giving him hugs and stuff like that.

Giving him hugs and stuff? If what you're saying is true then I assume whatever nes he gave them was HUGE, because that's not a typical reaction.

Giving him hugs and stuff? If what you're saying is true then I assume whatever nes he gave them was HUGE, because that's not a typical reaction.

It was the typical high five hug thing haha. He was talking to the whole staff and everyone looked excited like I said. It seemed like they had good news. He even went back and talked to Coach Jones for awhile like the poster said. I think this kid is All Vol.

It was the typical high five hug thing haha. He was talking to the whole staff and everyone looked excited like I said. It seemed like they had good news. He even went back and talked to Coach Jones for awhile like the poster said. I think this kid is All Vol.

I'm hoping he commits to UT as early as we can get him to. He has orange blood running through his veins and could do a lot in getting other big name guys excited about playing for UT.

Yeah it wasn't like they were all high-fiving and hugging or anything. Just your normal handshake hug type thing. I don't think anything major happened but you could tell they have a positive relationship going

Look for this kid to be a 5* after NSD. He needs to hit the weight room bad but is mentally reader to step in and play serious football as a freshman.

The kid does hit the weights hard. My son goes to beech, and their workouts are designed to cut body fat and add strength and flexibility. Not add a lot of bulk. He may look thin, but this kid is plenty strong and has a great work ethic.

VN Store

Back