'13 AL RB Johnathan Ford (no longer a Vandy commit)

Would t worry about that article. Not saying he is coming to tn just saying Tennesseean isn't a good source

While the Tennessean is a hot piece of garbage, Lockridge got those quotes from Ford himself. The Tennessean isn't the source here, Ford is. They're just relaying the information to their readers.

I take what Ford says very lightly though. He seems to tell everyone what they want to hear. Which is understandable because he's likely a kid being pulled in every conceivable direction.

While the Tennessean is a hot piece of garbage, Lockridge got those quotes from Ford himself. The Tennessean isn't the source here, Ford is. They're just relaying the information to their readers.

I take what Ford says very lightly though. He seems to tell everyone what they want to hear. Which is understandable because he's likely a kid being pulled in every conceivable direction.

This has the feel of a kid who truly has no idea where he wants to be for the next three or four years of his life yet. He's saying the things he is supposed to say right now and will commit to whatever school he believes is the best fit for him.

This has the feel of a kid who truly has no idea where he wants to be for the next three or four years of his life yet. He's saying the things he is supposed to say right now and will commit to whatever school he believes is the best fit for him.

Lots of kids like him are thrust into this type of situation and aren't used to it. He's from Podunk Alabama and is probably not used to the attention. I don't think this will end until he signs, regardless of what he says.

Lots of kids like him are thrust into this type of situation and aren't used to it. He's from Podunk Alabama and is probably not used to the attention. I don't think this will end until he signs, regardless of what he says.

Exactly, I feel sorry for the kid but it's the trade-off that comes with playing football and trying to make it your career.

His family has requested that they have some time to go over things and get settled back home before Johnathan does a bunch of interviews. Johnathan said he and his family had to talk about things. He said he was unsure about visiting Auburn this coming weekend and he doesn't have his schedule yet of what day coaches are coming in to see him.

We will follow up with him tomorrow.

- Hubbs

That's interesting. Doesn't sound like he's ready to shut it down even though he just visited the school he's been committed to. Could be wrong, but that's what I took from that.

That's interesting. Doesn't sound like he's ready to shut it down even though he just visited the school he's been committed to. Could be wrong, but that's what I took from that.

If he truly had his mind made up he would have repeated the sentiment expressed in the Tennessean article. This means that he has some serious thinking to do and I wish him the best with whatever choice he makes, even if one of those choices is to rush for negative yards for one game in november every year.

Ford knew about Derrick, so I think it has no bearing. If you meant Keyante, then I agree.

BTW, I'm not saying we get D. Green.

The thought was green or ford had said no with keyante being offered. If ford is still a possibility then green isn't IMO

1. Hesitant about Auburn

2. Has doubts about what he's going to do

????

There's info there lol.

I have to admit that I'm not completely sober at the moment, but Auburn aside, there's nothing there that suggest to me, at least, that any school stands out from Vanderbilt. I'm not saying he won't choose us in the end. He may very well do that. I'm just saying that quote doesn't mean anything, other than he's not visiting Auburn apparently, as you point out.

I have to admit that I'm not completely sober at the moment, but Auburn aside, there's nothing there that suggest to me, at least, that any school stands out from Vanderbilt. I'm not saying he won't choose us in the end. He may very well do that. I'm just saying that quote doesn't mean anything, other than he's not visiting Auburn apparently, as you point out.

And the fact that a Vanderbilt commit, which we all know is a place where their coach pulls offers from people who don't shut their recruiting down, is still not willing to admit that he's firm to them. That's huge. Perhaps you'll see the importance of this tomorrow.

General thought amongst the Vandy fan(s?) was that he would be rock solid after this visit. Him still contemplating and not visiting Auburn means that the only other school that could really be on his mind is us.

VN Store

Back