UT To Raise Banner For Summitt

VN News

Evidence of the greatness her teams and players achieved during her 38-year head coaching career hangs from the rafters at Thompson-Boling Arena. Soon, Pat Summitt will have a banner of her own.

More...

Reactions: 2 people
a record of 1,098-208 (.840)

During her tenure, UT competed in all 31 NCAA Tournaments

Summitt guided Tennessee to an NCAA-record eight NCAA National Championships.

between her record and what she has done off the court,it is well deserved

Reactions: 1 person
Without Pat Summitt, women's basketball would not be what it is today. She was the driving force behind the women's game becoming a popular sport. Geno Auremia and his ilk should kiss her feet.

Reactions: 2 people
A banner? That's it? I mean, that's a nice gesture and all, but I think were missing the bigger picture by not erecting a statue of her while she's still around to see and enjoy it. I'm not trying to sound insensitive, but I think it would mean more to her and the fans to see that happen in her presence. JMO.

Reactions: 1 person
A banner? That's it? I mean, that's a nice gesture and all, but I think were missing the bigger picture by not erecting a statue of her while she's still around to see and enjoy it. I'm not trying to sound insensitive, but I think it would mean more to her and the fans to see that happen in her presence. JMO.

I'm with you for sure

CHW just said,after the Bama game,that CPS wanted to raise her Banner over CHWs lol

The basketball arena should be named The Summitt.

You cant be serious??? I like Pat and respect what she has done in Female Basketball, but enough is enough.

I would be willing to bet that Pat is probably tired of all the awards. She would never say so out of respect, but Geezzz....

Is the name on the court not enough?

VN Store

Back