The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure bring him back ever heard of the DEATH Penalty with his history that be lying to NCAA any violation would be throw the key away time.Everytime we hire somebody the possiblility of them leaving is always there.I sure hope Butch Jones isn't to successful it will flat ruin some folks lives

Sure bring him back ever heard of the DEATH Penalty with his history that be lying to NCAA any violation would be throw the key away time.Everytime we hire somebody the possiblility of them leaving is always there.I sure hope Butch Jones isn't to successful it will flat ruin some folks lives

Overreact much?

Reactions: 1 person
I will be glad when Bruce Pearl gets another job somewhere else.His era is over here and it was HIS fault he is not here.There are other coaches that play exciting basketball other than him and not a cheater.

Reactions: 3 people
I will be glad when Bruce Pearl gets another job somewhere else.His era is over here and it was HIS fault he is not here.There are other coaches that play exciting basketball other than him and not a cheater.

Martin may not cheat but his brand of ball is far from exciting this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Here is why I miss...winning. Guess what the NCAA ban would have lifted and we would have gone to as many NCAA tournament bids when it was over...I love how people here don't act like they have never bent the rules.

the guy put us in the tourney almost every year and we belonged there and played really good basketball with self confidence and swagger-- something I have yet to see in this team at all. Don't think that half the coaches out there have not done worse to secure bball players and keep them....

The truth is I have not been so tired of a coach quicker than Martin, even Dooley. The reason being I think is because Pearl was so much better.

I never liked Martin's style. Too laid back.
Every time TN plays a game, it seems like it is in slow motion.
BOOORINNNG !

Pearl had fire. Too bad he messed up so badly.

I agree...Pearl's teams (whether you like him or not) were much more entertaining and impressive to watch.

I would also argue that the entire atmosphere of TBA was much better then than now. Everything that happens now (from the new guy screaming into the mike introducing the players, to the announcements/recognitions during timeouts that seem forced, & the half-time games of 'gotcha') seems to be thrown together at the last minute and doesn't do anything to contribute to the atmosphere of the game. It truly remind me of going to TBA during the Houston era...just hope this one ends better.

At least we know UT will probably have an open invite to the NIT every year. With Pearl it was the NCAA Tournament, I would say that is a good trade NOT!!!!!

I miss the Lofton and Smith years and then the Prince and Chism years...after that he got away from his style, that fast pace press, with guards that could shoot lights out. I miss that. I don't miss the undisciplined teams that dribbled the ball around until 10 seconds on the shot clock, then jack up a 3. I don't miss that. Yes Pearl got us to new heights, but he was slowly declining with recruiting and even his half court offense and defense.

Unbelievable, Pearl was still 10 times better than what we got now let me ask this what type of a power program was UT before Pearl got there, and how many times was UT ranked number 1? Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiink about now. And to say this program was on the decline in Pearls last years compared to where it was when he took over, short memories short memories.

Slowly declining??? That's a bit of revisionist history if I ever heard it. It is somewhat unfair to judge his last year with the pending NCAA sanctions. The next to last year, he won 28 games and took us to the Elite 8 for the first time. That doesn't exactly look like a slow decline to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back