Huge snow may affect recruiting

We did read the OP. Serious over reaction as usual. Even in the VA, NC, and SC areas there will be a melt on Friday with the main roads and airports good to go.

Over reaction? I'll give you that I should have toned the thread title down a bit and been a little more specific since it wasn't meant to be UT recruiting specifically. The first sentence does say we should be fine by Friday so I assumed people would realize I was also thinking of other schools like UNC and Clemson. Oh well I've seen worse threads but not my best.

Last edited:
Cool pic of Neyland in the snow:

BA2SJ7UCIAAcklp.jpg:large

Reactions: 2 people
Over reaction? I'll give you that I should have toned the thread title down a bit and been a little more specific since it wasn't meant to be UT recruiting specifically. The first sentence does say we should be fine by Friday so I assumed people would realize I was also thinking of other schools like UNC and Clemson. Oh well I've seen worse threads but not my best.

So you do acknowledge how it looked to some of us who are tired of all the negative posts that appear here. I better understand now where you were trying to go with this post. It was easy to jump to conclusions initially.

So you do acknowledge how it looked to some of us who are tired of all the negative posts that appear here. I better understand now where you were trying to go with this post. It was easy to jump to conclusions initially.

I do and I sincerely apologize it wasn't my intention at all. I quit drinking from the Big Orange negativity fountain the day Dooley was fired so it bothers me that some people viewed my thread in that light however in hindsight I can totally see why. I will use better judgement in the future.

Last edited:
Didn't Lance Thompson drive down to pick up Ambles during real bad weather for his official?

The 5h is an upper level low pressure and the 7h is a surface low pressure. The 850mb is just a map denoting upper air temps/wind etc at approximately 5000 ft. In this case it helps with pinpointing when and where the transition from rain to snow will occur. Glad you asked?

Last I saw the winter storm watch was cancelled but the snow forecast was upped to 5-8". Typical nobody really knows. My best guess we get nothing except showers until at least 3-4 pm and after that all bets are off especially east and southeast of Knoxville. It may snow like a mother trucker with giant snowball flakes for 3-4 hrs this evening or it may do absolutely nothing. Definitely nothing to worry about until at least late afternoon.

ps. just noticed you were in Crossville. It will get icy with a little snow and sleet by mid afternoon but best chances of a significant snow event are generally from Knoxville east.

Do you do this for a living? If not you need to lol

Reactions: 1 person
There have been talks of Green on an unofficial, so the snow may indeed affect our recruiting.
If snow affects him coming to UT for a visit, then Michigan is the wrong place for him because he will be living with that crap for a few months each year.

Reactions: 1 person
How do you know that? lol Michigan had its 2nd most mild, warm winter ever last year. We've only had one major snowfall this year..about 3-4 inches! Yes, the winters here in Detroit are much more brutal than Knoxville, but not as bad as you think. We arent Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Now those places are unbearable!

I hate scUM with a passion, and prey we land Green. If he picks those scUMbags, Ill hate them even more.

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

If Green comes in this weekend, the snow might make UT feel more like Michigan to that might help!!!

If snow affects him coming to UT for a visit, then Michigan is the wrong place for him because he will be living with that crap for a few months each year.

Yeah, but it's not as much to do with living in the snow as getting here for an unofficial with time winding down to his announcement date.

It looks like we may be ok here by Friday afternoon but Virginia, North and possibly South Carolina may be in a world of hurt until at least Saturday. Hopefully this will not affect any of our weekend visitors but I just pulled the following post off a Pro Met board posted at 12:55 AM Thursday

just looked at the progression of RAP model through hour 18. We're looking down the barrel of a very special event here. Look for your local forecasters and NWS offices to react soon, with more vigor. This is almost an unprecedented event, but March 2009 is the lastest we can find , I'm sure there are others. The upper low is taking shape now in western Mississippi and will close almost to 3 contours by Atlanta, taking on negative tilt. At first, the heavy rains, but the 850s' really crash in Alabama and Georgia, and this will spell a world of hurt when the moisture totally wraps around the 5H low, not to mention the 7H low. and 850. The track will absolutely cream eastern TN at first then spill quickly into western NC mountains and foothills by dark. The track of the 5H is probably mishandled by all models, as I've been saying for days. On the northwest side, you're looking at some convection and serious rates of snowfall. This will probably eclipse the 2009 event in parts of western NC and VA because this airmass is actually juicier than that one. Look at the water potential maps on this one, unbelievable. Turn that into snowfall in western NC and VA, eastern TN, and northeast GA and I think we could be looking at a really unprecedented event. Same goes for everywhere northwest of the upper low in northern Alabama, northern to central GA and then a nearly stationary band for Upstate SC to western NC for a while. The RATE of snowfall will be extreme, I can't express that enough.
So with all that panic has any scheduled recruit not shown up due to weather yet?

Didn't Lance Thompson drive down to pick up Ambles during real bad weather for his official?

Lance I think was on that trip but Steve Rubio was the one driving. That was the same night as his "bone to bone" comment to heather Harrington

gonna be above freezing from chatt to knox friday aft so hopefully everything will be good to get them in on friday...

VN Store

Back