'13 OH WR Shelton Gibson

Appears he'll still visit. Some interesting UT dialogue here:

Scout.com: Did Shelton Gibson Realy Commit?

I love how they say Morgantown is "closer to civilization than Knoxville".

Knoxville is civilization....Morgantown is a village. Not to mention we're very close to both Atlanta and Nashville if they're referring to large cities.

Knoxville is civilization....Morgantown is a village. Not to mention we're very close to both Atlanta and Nashville if they're referring to large cities.

Born in WV...lived 15 miles from Morgantown...any statement that says Morgantown is more civilized than Knoxville is a joke. Not close really.

My dad told me a story where my mom cried at the prospect of living there. Knoxville is a pretty nice city with a downtown and a couple malls. Most SEC schools don't have all that.

Pittsburgh is a little over a half hour away. Morgantown blows though if you're not a college student.

Pittsburgh is a little over a half hour away. Morgantown blows though if you're not a college student.

1 hour 21 mins
To: Pittsburgh, PA

Not that it really matters, but still funny they would say it.

Some more good quotes:

"well , I'd play for a proven head coach and a school that has sent way more players to the NFL if that was my dream . Other choice would be a warm weather team like Fla. or USC where it's warm year round and the girls are hot . tongue
Tenn. doesn't offer any of the above and the coaching is like at Pitt. Who's going to be there next year ? if I was 18 and had free visits to anywhere I'm headed to the West Coast .
HOLLYWOOD sounds way better than DOLLYWOOD . lol"

"Well, since you feel that way.... maybe you should have recruited Josh Jenkins a little harder and left Terrelle Pryor for the sunny bunch in Florida or Southern California..... gotta' admit though, those Columbus tattoos are hard to pass up. tongue

Ahhhh, Dollywood, the hillbilly version of Walt Disney World.....Yeeeeee Hawwwwww!!!!!!"

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

1 hour 21 mins
To: Pittsburgh, PA

Not that it really matters, but still funny they would say it.

Some more good quotes:

"well , I'd play for a proven head coach and a school that has sent way more players to the NFL if that was my dream . Other choice would be a warm weather team like Fla. or USC where it's warm year round and the girls are hot . tongue
Tenn. doesn't offer any of the above and the coaching is like at Pitt. Who's going to be there next year ? if I was 18 and had free visits to anywhere I'm headed to the West Coast .

"Well, since you feel that way.... maybe you should have recruited Josh Jenkins a little harder and left Terrelle Pryor for the sunny bunch in Florida or Southern California..... gotta' admit though, those Columbus tattoos are hard to pass up. tongue

Ahhhh, Dollywood, the hillbilly version of Walt Disney World.....Yeeeeee Hawwwwww!!!!!!"

That's funny coming from West Virginia...where the toothbrush was named. Anywhere else it would have been called the teethbrush.

Actually, I have a niece who attends WVU. She loves the campus but hates the city. I'm just thankful she hails from Ohio and not WV.

UT doesnt run the spread. Ic CBJ says its not a spread then I believe him.
It's not a true spread, but it will be pretty darn close to one I'm imagining. If you say spread it turns some recruits off. That's why he said that.

Some more good quotes:

" if I was 18 and had free visits to anywhere I'm headed to the West Coast .

HA. The jokes on him. Apparently he's never enjoyed the thrilling and wonderful activities that Dollywood offers. He doesn't bring Dolly into this that woman's a damn saint.

There is a difference in spreads. Pro-style as he calls it uses less zone read and zone option, and little to no sprint draw. If he has a dual threat he will run some zone read. If he has a pro style QB, he will use pro-sets from the spread. Where it all becomes a hybrid that is more pro-set is in the use of TE's and HB's, which CBJ uses a lot. Hence, not a true spread offense as some envision.

The effect for WR's is as a spread attack - they stretch the field and are decent blockers making it easier to pass or run. The effect for RB's is a running attack, which CBJ does 50-60% of the time. The effect on the line is the same zone blocking scheme used by UT last season with Pitt as well as many top programs. Vol8188 did a great job of illustrating that previously.

So recruiting great players with the schemes CBJ uses should not be an issue as it is similar in many respects as what is commonly used in the NFL. They just use less under center snaps with CBJ.

Reactions: 1 person
After watching this buck wild show on MTV anyone in West Virginia talking about hillbillies has no room to talk. Pure trash

- John Brice

I'd say that's great news.

The best thing about OVs is that you get to do some career assessment. Clear sight picture of their academics. They must think they can get Gibson in.

Now I think he committed too early. I like our chances here.

More from Brice: He still "feels solid" to WVU but wants to bring his mom to visit UT.

Vol if we feel comfortable he'll make the grades. With the WR class we're bringing in, and the WR we already have - not a must get.

"Gibson was hosted by Pig Howard and said he appreciated Howard "keeping it 100" with him. Said Howard called him on his way out of town today."

- John Brice

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back