'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be a top 10 recruit in the country next year, would be a huge get for next year's class.

I'm not sure if he will be a top 10 recruit in the country next year. One reason being that he doesn't have the ideal size for a RB at 6'3", and also because he plays in middle TN (so people will question the level of competition that he plays against) and they take those things into consideration when handing out those 5thstars on rivals. I think he will be almost certainly be in the top 100 but I'm just not sure about the top 10. Either way he will still be one of the top and most highly sought after recruits in the nation. He is a beast of a RB.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if he will be a top 10 recruit in the country next year. One reason being that he doesn't have the ideal size for a RB at 6'3", and also because he plays in middle TN (so people will question the level of competition that he plays against) and they take those things into consideration when handing out those 5thstars on rivals. I think he will be almost certainly be in the top 100 but I'm just not sure about the top 10. Either way he will still be one of the top and most highly sought after recruits in the nation. He is a beast of a RB.

247 has him as 2nd best rb and 10th best overall player. Things can change though seeing how its very early

Because Hurd is 6'3 and plays middle TN football, that means that he will not be a top ten prospect?

Beech beat every team they played against this year (5A and 6A), and would have readily beaten anyone in the state - including Maryville. Their strength of schedule is ranked higher (on Maxpreps) than most of the top RB's backs teams in the nation for the 2013 and 2014 class. People kill me pissing on TN football like there's no competition. He broke the season single rushing record (3,357 yards) and all time points scored (296 pts) - not to mention breaking 13 records total. Yet, he is not 5 star material? So, you're implying that 247 Sports is inaccurate in the grading system?

If you're stuck on Rivals, let's see what Rivals has to say about Jalen getting his 5th star on their site. When the new grading systems are released, there will be no doubt that he will be right there.

VolQuest.com - Rivals250 to Watch: Plenty of 5-stars in waiting

Because Hurd is 6'3 and plays middle TN football, that means that he will not be a top ten prospect?

Beech beat every team they played against this year (5A and 6A), and would have readily beaten anyone in the state - including Maryville. Their strength of schedule is ranked higher (on Maxpreps) than most of the top RB's backs teams in the nation for the 2013 and 2014 class. People kill me pissing on TN football like there's no competition. He broke the season single rushing record (3,357 yards) and all time points scored (296 pts) - not to mention breaking 13 records total. Yet, he is not 5 star material? So, you're implying that 247 Sports is inaccurate in the grading system?

If you're stuck on Rivals, let's see what Rivals has to say about Jalen getting his 5th star on their site. When the new grading systems are released, there will be no doubt that he will be right there.

VolQuest.com - Rivals250 to Watch: Plenty of 5-stars in waiting

This guy seems like Derrick Henry, any of you talent evaluators feel differently? Both tall, big RBs who broke single season rushing records.

This guy seems like Derrick Henry, any of you talent evaluators feel differently? Both tall, big RBs who broke single season rushing records.

Henry is far more physically developed but I think he grows out of the RB position quickly. Hurd runs with a weird body lean that makes you think he will get a lot of hard licks but in the games I saw him nobody ever gets a good shot. He is too upright at this point but maybe that can be corrected. He is so explosive you take him in a heartbeat and figure out how to use him later.

Not a talent evaluator, I am jut going by the facts. The evaluators at 247 sports have Hurd as the #2 RB in the class of 2014 and #10 overall.

Obviously, there are a lot of similarities between the 2 backs. They're both tall and fast, yet Hurd lacks size right now and Henry struggles with lateral movement.

Similar size, two very different styles of running IMO. Hurd is fast and lightning quick but can lay an opposing linebacker on his ass if he has to. While Henry is athletic, I just don't see him on the same level quickness wise as Jalen, while maybe being being a bit more physical.

Overall I would take Hurd over Henry based off of the fact Hurd has a fluidity to his running. Regardless of size, he looks natural when taking a handoff and running and has only one problem in keeping his pad level a little high.

Saw JH last night in street clothes. It was surprising how thin he looks. He's built like a wr, but he runs with excellent power.

I'll admit ignorance of the Beech team, but anybody saying that the 2000 Red Bank team wouldn't be right there ought to do the same because that team was stacked, ranked top 10 nationally, and beat some very very good teams that year.

Last edited:
I'll admit ignorance of the Beech team, but anybody saying that the 2000 Red Bank team wouldn't be up there with anybody ought to do the same because that team was stacked, ranked top 10 nationally, and beat some very very good teams that year.

Red Bank was not a great team. How many state titles did they win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back