'13 AL RB Johnathan Ford (no longer a Vandy commit)

On Wednesday, Ford labeled himself a “firm” commitment but did not rule out the option of more official visits.

“That’s something I’ll have to talk over with my family,” Ford said. “My Vanderbilt visit, I think there’s a possibility it is (my last one). If the weekend goes as I expect, I think it will be.”

Asked if fans could expect to see him in a Commodore uniform, he replied: “Tell them to Anchor Down.”

When a kid wants to go to Vandy to play football over your program then something is going wrong with your program.

I can understand players going to Bama, UGA, or Michigan but Vandy is a bottom feeder.

Reactions: 1 person
Just an FYI but Ford has told people what they want to hear for ages. He told Vanderbilt people he would not visit UT, etc etc. He tells UT how awesome his visit was, etc etc.

Just wait and see

That school has nothing to offer but academics! There isnt anything on that campus that "wows" you....NOTHING. I just dont get it. Little Vandy getting 4*recruits over us...just devestating..

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

On Wednesday, Ford labeled himself a “firm” commitment but did not rule out the option of more official visits.

“That’s something I’ll have to talk over with my family,” Ford said. “My Vanderbilt visit, I think there’s a possibility it is (my last one). If the weekend goes as I expect, I think it will be.”

Asked if fans could expect to see him in a Commodore uniform, he replied: “Tell them to Anchor Down.”

Hope he doesn't realize when it's too late that he's joining a team that more than likely peaked in 2012. CBJ, 100K fans, and insanely top of the line training facilities is where it's at.

(For those new to the game of football, I didn't mention tradition since it doesn't mean a lot to those who don't understand it).

When a kid wants to go to Vandy to play football over your program then something is going wrong with your program.

I can understand players going to Bama, UGA, or Michigan but Vandy is a bottom feeder.

Dooley was what was going wrong with our program. JF was here for the Vandy game in 2011 on an uov visit and again in Feb for our Junior day and left without an offer. He was also here for our summer camp and ran a 4.41 (40) and still he left without an offer. Vandy offered Ford back in March while Dooley had his thumb up his arse waiting on his big fish. Everyone knew Ford was about to blow up even the op of this thread which was started last Feb. It's still not over though we are UT they are Vandy I still say he's a VOL on NSD. When Ford told Vandy fans to "anchor down" he meant it literally. If not we only have Dooley to blame the kid has been committed to them for almost a full year. That's hard to overcome in recruiting.

Last edited:
That school has nothing to offer but academics! There isnt anything on that campus that "wows" you....NOTHING. I just dont get it. Little Vandy getting 4*recruits over us...just devestating..

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

It's about relationships.. Franklins been on him for a long time.. Wait til our staff can establish those relationships early in the process.

Otha peters thinks this seems legit

Reactions: 2 people

Or he might care more about academics then football

VN Store

Back