EMERGENCY QUESTION: decent sports bar in Knoxville?

If you are trying to avoid the college area I would recommend Rooster's to watch the game, it is located on Northshore and Morrell and has a great NFL atmosphere on Sundays.

And to add a note on the Half Barrell. If there is any bar on the strip (campus area) that tends to serve an older crowd it would be the one. I've had no issue with their service. They have a very large beer selection and some really good food.

That's 3 votes. :good!:

I would suggest "Jenny's Dank-ass Burger." Delicious. Several televisions around and lots of beers on tap.

Headed up there this weekend. I need a place to watch the NFC championship game that isn't my dad's living room. Preferably with good draft beer. My folks live in the Cedar Bluff area, but I am my wife is willing to drive a ways if someplace is worth it. Any suggestions?

(Yes, I know this is the wrong forum. I'll move it myself in a little while.)

I saw Bailey's, Roosters, Tin Roof West mentioned which I agree. One I didn't see was Aubry's off of Papermill. The have 4 large flat screen TVs and a variety of draft beers. It's also smoke free if that's a game changer.

Ray's isn't bad if you like random drugged up hookers walking out of random crevices in the wall.

A place that is sports-centric enough that the game will be on several large screens, preferably with the game audio piped over the speakers. I know plenty of decent bars in Knoxville that will have the game on a TV hanging behind the bar, but I'd like to find one where the primary thing going on will be football fans watching it. I.e., a sports bar. I know a bunch of them down here but none up in Knoxville.

If you can handle the cigarette smoke then Bailey's is where I would go. Everyone there will be watching the games and its off Cedar Bluff. TVs everywhere

Off campus:
Bucket Head Tavern off Ray Mears Blvd

Buffalo wild wings in Turkey Creek

Roosters in Rocky Hill

Baileys near Cedar Bluff

Bearden Fieldhouse in Bearden

If I wanted beer and football, the first two would be my choice. Bucket head & Roosters allow smoking inside although both have a non smoking section. Haven't been to baileys or the fieldhouse in a while so can't comment there. Bucket Head is a nice place

Reactions: 1 person
I saw Bailey's, Roosters, Tin Roof West mentioned which I agree. One I didn't see was Aubry's off of Papermill. The have 4 large flat screen TVs and a variety of draft beers. It's also smoke free if that's a game changer.

Ray's isn't bad if you like random drugged up hookers walking out of random crevices in the wall.

Ah, I forgot that's an issue in Knoxville. It is indeed a game changer. Mrs Vercingetorix will be willing to drive me someplace to watch the game, but she will not be willing to sit in a smoky bar for four hours. We've been spoiled by non-smoking bars for too long now.

Reactions: 2 people
Okay. First, I'm not in my 40s. OP is. Second, I've always had great service there, especially on game days. It's winter, and there are plenty of places to park within .2 miles for free. Quit being a little girl about it. He's not asking to go to a martini bar with valet parking.

I was speaking to the OP who said he was 40ish. Half Barrel probably wouldn't be what he's looking for because its almost strictly a college bar.

Ah, I forgot that's an issue in Knoxville. It is indeed a game changer. Mrs Vercingetorix will be willing to drive me someplace to watch the game, but she will not be willing to sit in a smoky bar for four hours. We've been spoiled by non-smoking bars for too long now.

The cool part is there bar area is separated by glass doors from the dining area of the restaurant.

I haven't been to the Turkey Creek location, but the Smoky Mountain Brewery has some excellent draft beer. The Black Bear Brown Ale is my personal favorite! I've been to the Maryville location several times to watch NFL games and it's non-smoking and a good place to hang out. You can't go wrong with Roosters or Tin Roof as others have mentioned, but I don't know about their smoking policies. I like the Half Barrel because they have my Shiner Bock on draft, but it doesn't seem to be what you're looking for. Have fun and go Ravens!

Causal Pint has great beer selection and they have tv's that I am sure will be on the game. Very relaxed atmosphere. There one in Market Square and another one off one Kingston Pike but I can't remember the name of the road it's on off of Kingston Pike.

Northshore

I like Blue Chips Sports Pub near West Town Mall off of Kingston Pike, the food is the best in town. Great Burgers, fresh fries, and delicious juicy wings.

Just my Two Cents

If you want to get stabbed and have your lifeless body drug behind a rusted chevy van

908154_t588.JPG

Reactions: 1 person
Bullfeathers next to Biker Rags on Kingston Pike has $2 wells and decent food on the cheap. I'm not sure about the beer there, sorry.

I missed this post. Bullfeathers is not for you then.

If you're feeling lucky, the old Raymond's place is across the street. It's under new management after someone got shot, but the girls are still just as pretty as before

VN Store

Back