Are we really actually in it with...

Lol? This staff has got us this far , they have 18 more days. Gotta believe he's gonna get more than 2-3.
Where has this staff gotten us?

Getting visits is nice, but until they close the deal with more than a few, I'm skeptical. They got some visits? :lolabove: So did Dooley. I see nothing that leads me to believe this staff can recruit at a high level.

Getting visits is nice, but until they close the deal with more than a few, I'm skeptical. They got some visits? :lolabove: So did Dooley. I see nothing that leads me to believe this staff can recruit at a high level.

I'm sure staff is really worried about that.

I'm sure staff is really worried about that.

your damn right they are worried about it. without excited fans in the stands jones will be in serious trouble. it's early yet, but little excitement out there. just billboards around knoxville saying how we will rise again.

I believe you and I have the same opinion. But funny how phrasing gives you what may be the essence of NegaVolism.

I would have said, "The staff has done a great job of getting some top-flight recruits to visit. Now let's see if they can close the deal. Given the current state of Tennessee football, if they could do that, we would have good reason to believe better times are headed our way."

Have you seen anything that leads you to believe they can't?

I believe you and I have the same opinion. But funny how phrasing gives you what may be the essence of NegaVolism.

I would have said, "The staff has done a great job of getting some top-flight recruits to visit. Now let's see if they can close the deal. Given the current state of Tennessee football, if they could do that, we would have good reason to believe better times are headed our way."

You certainly have a point with how it comes across. I just don't see how someone can be so negative with what has transpired. Half of that list would never visit UT if Dooley were still the coach. Dooley actually was not a bad recruiter, but the excitement and interest this staff has created in the short amount of time is very encouraging. The fact that they flipped Ryan Jenkins and received a commitment from 2014 Wharton in 30 days is outstanding. Leads me to believe that next year's class could be great with just some mild success on the field. It also shows us how behind the former staff was when you hear more about this staff's use of social media and forming relationships in our own state. Maybe Kiffin brought some excitement, too, but this staff is working its rear ends off.

Last edited:
honestly we could get 3 on that list and i would be thrilled if those 3 were Lawson, Levenberry/Grace, and North

we dont really need a RB in 2013, we are in desperate need of speed at LB, and are in desperate need at LB - we may be ok at WR but we really don't know how the young guys developed so i would feel a lot better if we had north coming in

based on how it is currently looking i don't think it is overly unrealistic to land North, EJ, and CL

honestly we could get 3 on that list and i would be thrilled if those 3 were Lawson, Levenberry/Grace, and North

we dont really need a RB in 2013, we are in desperate need of speed at LB, and are in desperate need at LB - we may be ok at WR but we really don't know how the young guys developed so i would feel a lot better if we had north coming in

based on how it is currently looking i don't think it is overly unrealistic to land North, EJ, and CL

If I had to chose between an elite WR and a big nasty RB I'd take the RB every time. We don't have that and really need it.

E.J. Levenberry (Loved us, Hates Sal, Hated Us, Sal Gone, Loves us, hates FSU, who got Sal, which is where he's currently committed)
Antonio Riles
Mackenzie Alexander (Formerly committed to us)
Carl Lawson (Former Auburn commit. #2 in country)
Maurice Swain (Teammate of Lawson and Barber I believe)
Jaylen Miller
Derrick Green (Between us and Mich. Announcing 1/26)
Marquez North
Peyton Barber (Formerly committed to Ole Miss)
Vonn Bell
Shelton Gibson (Committed to WVU, most likely out of it)
Johnathan Ford (Vandy Commit, hoping to piss Franklin off)
Jermaine Grace
Christian Morris (UCLA Commit)
Chongo Kondolo
Reuben Foster (Former Auburn Commit)
Jonathan Walton
Davin Bellamy (FSU Commit, looking to flip him)
Keith Bryant
Kaleb Blancher
John Franklin (FSU Commit, looking to flip him)
Arshad Jackson
Tyler Boyd (Committed to Pittsburgh, but who cares?)

The ones in Bold I think we have a good shot at. I think Miller may commit this weekend. IMO I think we lead for North, and possibly Morris. I used to feel really good about Green, but I'm not as confident now, but def down to us and UM. Lawson and Bell are up in the air coin tosses to me and will be a battle, I feel better about Lawson than Bell surprisingly. I think Ford really likes us too. Wish we were in it more with Foster, he at one point was supposed to visit this weekend, but didn't.

Did I sleep thru NSD??? Love your logic ETN, please post less often. :blink:

Reactions: 1 person
We will know more after this weekend on some of these recruits. We should know on Monday or Tuesday. Getting these guys on campus & to let them see the sights & facilities does mighty work on some of these guys. It's just a wait & see game on recruiting. Have to have patients my good man.

Is there a doctor in the house?

If I had to chose between an elite WR and a big nasty RB I'd take the RB every time. We don't have that and really need it.

I getcha - but we do have good backs and actually ran the ball pretty well last year - much, much better than in 2011 - especially when you consider that our OC would abandon the run from time to time

we were 4th in the SEC in yds per attempt - 2 of the teams ahead of us had mobile QB's too which really helps that stat

so i think we are better than a lot of people on this board think in the run game

VN Store

Back