Nice story on walk-on OL Michael-Allen Simcox

kamoshika

Allen-Michael Simcox was just about fed up with football.

In his four years at Sullivan Central, the Cougars won all of four varsity games, including zero during his last high school season in 2011. “My senior year was pretty rough,” Simcox said.

But Mamaw didn’t teach Simcox to be a quitter.

By the time Simcox’s grandmother, Frances Roberts, died in March 2012, Simcox was pretty well set on attending the University of Tennessee, albeit just as a student.

In the weeks after her death, though, something started to nag at Simcox. “She always supported me in athletics and everything like that,” he said. “I knew she would be very disappointed in me if I didn’t at least try to be on the team and make an effort.”

Simcox trying to live the dream - TriCities.com: Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Yeah I had a class with him this past fall semester and he was always in class and participating. He seemed to be a gentle giant imo, but he would always come in talking about how he was getting slobber-knocked by the first team Defense. Hope everything works out in his favor.

Last edited:
Had a communication class with him in the Fall. Nice big kid. Hope he keeps at it and full feels his dream of playing in Neyland one Saturday.

Ok dude. I just can't leave you hanging like this. People are going to continue to have a field day with you until you fix this post.

Do NOT put the bolded in a sentence if you are going to completely slaughter the rest of the sentence.

Oh yeah, and it is fulfills....not full feels.

Just trying to save you some grief.

Ok dude. I just can't leave you hanging like this. People are going to continue to have a field day with you until you fix this post.

Do NOT put the bolded in a sentence if you are going to completely slaughter the rest of the sentence.

Oh yeah, and it is fulfills....not full feels.

Just trying to save you some grief.

Yeah I should be taken out back and flogged. I get in a hurry when I'm at work.

His mamaw was real right. Has anybody done any background checks? Just saying. (joke of course no disrespect)

Allen-Michael Simcox was just about fed up with football.

In his four years at Sullivan Central, the Cougars won all of four varsity games, including zero during his last high school season in 2011. “My senior year was pretty rough,” Simcox said.

But Mamaw didn’t teach Simcox to be a quitter.

By the time Simcox’s grandmother, Frances Roberts, died in March 2012, Simcox was pretty well set on attending the University of Tennessee, albeit just as a student.

In the weeks after her death, though, something started to nag at Simcox. “She always supported me in athletics and everything like that,” he said. “I knew she would be very disappointed in me if I didn’t at least try to be on the team and make an effort.”

Simcox trying to live the dream - TriCities.com: Sports

I enjoyed this story but someone needs to do some investigative reporting on this. We don't want another Ta o' story...

Yeah I had a class with him this past fall semester and he was always in class and participating. He seemed to be a gentle giant imo, but he would always come in talking about how he was getting slobber-knocked by the first team Defense. Hope everything works out in his favor.

I will bet money I know you! I was in a class with him as well. You had mentioned CMST before editing, and by your screen name, I can almost guess who you are.

When I went to school there, we called them "Cannon Fodder". Takes a special person with a lot of desire to come to practice everyday and go through what they had to put up with!

VN Store

Back