Friday weigh in thread

1year 1/2 ago I was 315lbs, Im 6'4 57 years old.. Daughter on my butt on my health saying
your not going to be here to walk me down the Isle Daddy you got to do someting for me and Mom.. I did the carb diet all I ate was meat. No bread no sugar no candy NO BEER AND I went to the gym.. Went to the gym damn them girls in them tight azz shorts. Got on that tread mill EVERYDAY started walking 1 mile then ran a 1/4 mile every day did that for a week then did 1/2 mile for 2 weeks then got to a mile every day.. i got to were I could run 2 miles every day. The lbs started comeing off I mean loseing every week. I kept the diet & the running up.
In 7 mos I had lost 75lbs.. now thats a BOOM.... I stayed at 245 a long time, hell here comes christmas, holidays, and EATING.. Got back to 260lb now back at the gym

It was good for me and my wife loved it, hell I got back 4" of deek that was in my belly.
My log chain was swinging again and I felt better. But its something you got work on all the time.. No cheating, I do have a beer & cigar every now and then.

And I got back in my 36x36 jeans, talk about a stud puppy. I felt young again..

my daughter not walking down the Isle yet, heck she is 27 is a Dr. in Nashville trying to find her a rich husband..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I forgot to weigh this morning when I first woke up. After breakfast, I was 209.0. I'm +19 now. Haven't been this light in a couple years. Once I hit <200, it'll be the lightest I've been since before high school.

I had a deal with myself to weigh once a week.. You can tell when your loseing, but on Fridays was my weigh day. I kept a log in the bath room I wright it down..
Ha!! I had to email to my daughter ever week.

I'd like to get rid of some of this belly. It's not bad but I don't like it.
I am wanting to gain muscle. Ideally I'd like to change fat that I have to muscle and stay same weight give or take.

Is this possible or am I asking to much.

If so what would you or the others recommend. I'm starting back to free weights 3 times a week.

Supplements?

Fat does not turn into muscle. They are two totally different types of tissue.

However, as you continue to add muscle your body will burn more calories even at rest. Most likely you will see your weight creep up just a bit but clothes will be looser. My advice is to not go by the scale weight as it really isn't that great of a guide. Go by how you look and feel.

Will you be doing 3 days of a full body workout or a 3 day split with specific body parts worked on specific days?

Supplements will depend on your goals. Honestly, I find anything outside of a good protein powder and maybe creatine if you are a hard gainer a waste of money. But everyone out there has an opinion on supplements and they are all different.

1year 1/2 ago I was 315lbs, Im 6'4 57 years old.. Daughter on my butt on my health saying
your not going to be here to walk me down the Isle Daddy you got to do someting for me and Mom.. I did the carb diet all I ate was meat. No bread no sugar no candy NO BEER AND I went to the gym.. Went to the gym damn them girls in them tight azz shorts. Got on that tread mill EVERYDAY started walking 1 mile then ran a 1/4 mile every day did that for a week then did 1/2 mile for 2 weeks then got to a mile every day.. i got to were I could run 2 miles every day. The lbs started comeing off I mean loseing every week. I kept the diet & the running up.
In 7 mos I had lost 75lbs.. now thats a BOOM.... I stayed at 245 a long time, hell here comes christmas, holidays, and EATING.. Got back to 260lb now back at the gym

It was good for me and my wife loved it, hell I got back 4" of deek that was in my belly.
My log chain was swinging again and I felt better. But its something you got work on all the time.. No cheating, I do have a beer & cigar every now and then.

And I got back in my 36x36 jeans, talk about a stud puppy. I felt young again..

my daughter not walking down the Isle yet, heck she is 27 is a Dr. in Nashville trying to find her a rich husband..

Not rich, but I have a huge C***.

Fat does not turn into muscle. They are two totally different types of tissue.

However, as you continue to add muscle your body will burn more calories even at rest. Most likely you will see your weight creep up just a bit but clothes will be looser. My advice is to not go by the scale weight as it really isn't that great of a guide. Go by how you look and feel.

Will you be doing 3 days of a full body workout or a 3 day split with specific body parts worked on specific days?

Supplements will depend on your goals. Honestly, I find anything outside of a good protein powder and maybe creatine if you are a hard gainer a waste of money. But everyone out there has an opinion on supplements and they are all different.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

My understanding is creatine helps muscles heal faster after work out.

I can't drink those protein drinks. Nasty.
Work out is 3 nights a week. Mostly upper body. What exercises would be good for belly?

List 2 pounds. Down to 202

207, +17 now. Goal for February is to get below 200. Shouldn't be a problem.

All right guys I'm starting back. As the wife says your out of control.. I was 260 this time last year
Today's weight is 282. I am 6'5"..This will help motivate me to keep it up
Hitting the gym today, will start my carb diet. Meat only no sugar, bread, beer(now that hurts) no snacking.
OD starts at 282

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

My understanding is creatine helps muscles heal faster after work out.

I can't drink those protein drinks. Nasty.
Work out is 3 nights a week. Mostly upper body. What exercises would be good for belly?

List 2 pounds. Down to 202

Creatine brings water into your muscle. Fills them. Helps with building. Not sure about helping with recovery. I always understood BCAAs and glutamine to help with recovery but I don't take either of those. And shakes def aren't necessary. You can easily get your protein needs through regular food. The shakes just help if you're in a time crunch. A lot are nasty but Optimum Nutrition is a really good brand if you end up wanting to try it in the future. Actually tastes good.

Abs are a function of diet but there are a ton of great exercises for building up the muscles. Crunches, planks (LOTS of variations of planks), Russian twists, bicycle crunches are all great exercises. Also, big lifts like squats, deadlifts, standing shoulder press will also help with your core. It's used as a stabilizer on them and in keeping your core tight during the lift you are also strengthening it.

Don't forget legs. Upper body is great but your legs make up a huge muscle group and building them up will help with burning more calories too. If you do three days I would take one day for legs then split upper body between the remaining two days. A combo of chest/shoulders and back/arms, something along those lines. Ab work can be added at the end of any of your workout days really.

Alrighty, I'm gonna jump in here. Goal is to lose weight and train for a half marathon this summer. Would like to be around 170 lbs.

5'7"
186.4 lbs

VN Store

Back