Game Thread Lady Vols at Auburn

I find it hard to believe Tn won, with how they stunk up the first 30 minutes... IT"S GREAT to BE A TN VOL!

Final 75-66 Lady Vols win. I have to say our ladies did just about everything they could to give this one away!

Jim

If not for Simmons we lose big. Bigs didn't play well until late. Two many missed close shots. Auburn got by with murder inside and out. Tough game.

Last edited:
Post play was pathetic tonight. Auburn put up a fight but we finally quit killing ourselves enough to pull it out. Simmons bailed us out again. She may do something dumb every once in a while but she way more than makes up for it. It's going to be hard to go to sleep tonight after getting so worked up over this one.

Whew....down by 12 points & TN comes roaring back to win by 9. I'm telling ya, if we didn't have that #10 Meighan Simmons we'd be in a lot of trouble. Hats off to the girls for a great come back from a buzz saw team tonight in Auburn. Auburn showed that they are a fighter till the end. TN girls can't relax for one game this year as it appears. Well, it's Bama next in line so let's keep it going till the showdown with ol' KY.

one thing about this team they may have a bajillion turnovers but they just do not give up!!

when Tn finally started guarding the girls off the ball and let that little point guard have no one to throw a pass to, the game changed big time. Massingale makes way too many silly errors IMHO to be hyped as she is As a point guard.

Reactions: 1 person
Post play was pathetic tonight. Auburn put up a fight but we finally quit killing ourselves enough to pull it out. Simmons bailed us out again. She may do something dumb every once in a while but she way more than makes up for it. It's going to be hard to go to sleep tonight after getting so worked up over this one.

I was yelling all night. I'll bet Jones heard me on the plains. We played bad enough to lose but found a way again to win.

when Tn finally started guarding the girls off the ball and let that little point guard have no one to throw a pass to, the game changed big time. Massingale makes way too many silly errors IMHO to be hyped as she is As a point guard.
Preach it brother, although I am glad to see her taking more shots. She's a pretty good shooter. I do think her defense is pretty underwhelming.

I was yelling all night. I'll bet Jones heard me on the plains. We played bad enough to lose but found a way again to win.

Everytime here lately, when freshman Jones has the ball dribbling down the court, I feel like a turnover will soon be coming.

The lazy passes by this team drives me crazy. They pass the ball like the other team is not going to try and take it away. They need to watch UCONN pass the ball. Geno always has a good passing team. I don't understand why we don't.

Wild One putting the team on her shoulders and throwin' down 29 points. Also, LV's finally deciding to rebound a few. They were getting hammered on the boards in the first half.

I think Graves may be trying to get over her injury the last game. She just wasn't the usual "beast". Also, Izzy is playing scared, I think. The refs have their eyes on Izzy, and that limits her usual game. All players have off nites, but when two bigs are off, it's bad. GO MEIGHAN

How many close shots did we miss....some didn't draw iron. I know the Auburn girls were fouling but we missed way too many easy shots. We need work against the press. When they have three at the half line somebody is open.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Everytime here lately, when freshman Jones has the ball dribbling down the court, I feel like a turnover will soon be coming.

Without a doubt JJ will be told that the particular skill she needs to work on in the off-season is her ball handling. In the open court she is pretty good, but against the least amount of pressure she starts to tighten up and becomes a liability with the ball in her hands.

Jim

How many close shots did we miss....some didn't draw iron. I know the Auburn girls were fouling but we missed way too many easy shots. We need work against the press. When they have three at the half line somebody is open.

The last couple of games I've been hollering & screaming about these easy shots not falling. I don't think Coach Warlick has heard me yet from W.TN to work on these easy shots the players are missing. You'd think after film study of the games that that is a glaring problem to fix.

The last couple of games I've been hollering & screaming about these easy shots not falling. I don't think Coach Warlick has heard me yet from W.TN to work on these easy shots the players are missing. You'd think after film study of the games that that is a glaring problem to fix.

I thought our ladies were intimidated by the Auburn bigs. They fouled almost everytime we shot in close. We hurried shots we normally make. I would have the men in practice hang on the bigs while shooting close in.

Graves was not herself and Harrison shot scared. Jones did some good things but shot as if she ecpected a block

We did come back and that is encouraging.

Simmons was hot or we don't win.

Last edited:
Have u got snow yet? Looks like it may hit pretty good up there. :yes:

snowed like hell :) the internet went down but the phone line worked,go figure that one,the dish got snowed out,but my brand damn new 46inch HD RCA TV wouldn't start up,so i didn't have to go out and sweep it off LOL haven't had it a month yet;so it will be going back to the Wal Mart , any way

i did watch the replay today,another slow start seemed to bother them for most of the game and piss poor passing,i couldn't believe they kept throwing them lob passes ,Auburn sure loved it though,poor defense most of the game,till late after Simmons lit up Auburn,she single handily beat em,you have to be impressed with her when she goes off,like a stick of dynamite she is

poor game play thru out the game,but a win is a win :)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back