Major changes coming to lineup...

Very nice.

McRae and Richardson better put in extra hours on the ball handling. Teams will be pressing like crazy.

I really think Reese is gonna be a player. His shot looks true. He has a good handle ,made some nice drives and dishes. Seems to have good basketball I.Q. All in what 3 games as a freshman....... Overall it looks like CCM can pick some pretty good diamonds in the rough. With Richardson,Yemi,Reese and Moore....GBO,VFL

I really think Reese is gonna be a player. His shot looks true. He has a good handle ,made some nice drives and dishes. Seems to have good basketball I.Q. All in what 3 games as a freshman....... Overall it looks like CCM can pick some pretty good diamonds in the rough. With Richardson,Yemi,Reese and Moore....GBO,VFL

He could not have gotten off to much of a better start considering he was rated so low. I'm most impressed with his confidence and poise. He definitely looks to have potential.

BTO wouldn't make a thread about it if there wasn't a reliable source claiming it. No worries. Thanks for the info BTO!

To be fair, bto makes threads all the time stating his opinion (nothing wrong with that). Lots of people, mtself included, do that as well. I just wondered if this was an opinion of his, or something he had heard concrete.

Stokes deserves to be benched. However, if you start Yemi in his place then he'll probably have 3 fouls by the first TV timeout.

This team goes usually as Golden goes. UT's best win was against Wichita St. Golden had his best game of the year.

The stokes not being benched also has to do with recruiting I'd about guarantee.

Reactions: 1 person
Just a couple things...

That's a lot of length, wondering if we see some 2-3 out of that group. Would definitely help mask our lack of quickness, and would also help yemi and stokes with foul trouble.

Rob Lewis said this AM all signs point to this likely being the starting 5, however if it's not it will be the 5 that gets starters minutes (barring injury or foul trouble obviously). So with that said here's my guess on rotation...

Moore 25/ golden 15
McRae 35/ Mcbee 5
Richardson 35/ Reese 5
Reese 25/ Hall 10/ stokes 5
Stokes 20/ Yemi 20

Just a couple things...

That's a lot of length, wondering if we see some 2-3 out of that group. Would definitely help mask our lack of quickness, and would also help yemi and stokes with foul trouble.

Rob Lewis said this AM all signs point to this likely being the starting 5, however if it's not it will be the 5 that gets starters minutes (barring injury or foul trouble obviously). So with that said here's my guess on rotation...

Moore 25/ golden 15
McRae 35/ Mcbee 5
Richardson 35/ Reese 5
Reese 25/ Hall 10/ stokes 5
Stokes 20/ Yemi 20
Have to wonder if this is a building for the future, trying to find a spark, conceding the season or I've seen the light move.
Though, I like the change if it comes, it seems a little late.

I see that FL just annihilated the A&M team that whipped KY (at Rump Arena) by double digits. To posit a rhetorical question, is FL that good or is KY that bad? From what IÂ’m seeing as the season progresses, FL ain't particularly good and KY hasn't been this beatable in years. Therefore, in retrospect, it really saddens me that the Vols couldn't get the job done. If we lose the rematch in Knoxville, itÂ’ll speak volumes about how far UT has fallen.

Have to wonder if this is a building for the future, trying to find a spark, conceding the season or I've seen the light move.
Though, I like the change if it comes, it seems a little late.

Saturday may give us the answer to those questions.

It's probably a combination of a few IMO. I'd say you have to figure if we're gonna lose with seniors Mcbee and Hall, id rather lose with guys who can get experience. At the same time, probably hopes that this may spark those guys, and especially trae.

Last edited:
Saturday may give us the answer to those questions.

It's probably a combination of a few IMO. I'd say you have to figure if we're gonna lose with seniors Mcbee and Hall, id rather lose with guys who can get experience. At the same time, probably hopes that this may spark those guys, and especially trae.

All the new activity on PGs has me wondering if maybe Golden is hanging it up.
Seems to be a lot more going on with him than injury. Just not the same kid of years past.
Wouldn't be the first time a kid walked away from the grind for one reason or another.

All the new activity on PGs has me wondering if maybe Golden is hanging it up.
Seems to be a lot more going on with him than injury. Just not the same kid of years past.
Wouldn't be the first time a kid walked away from the grind for one reason or another.

Eh I doubt that. He'd walk away now if it was something that bad, sure he doesn't enjoy riding the bench and the criticism.

The talk about looking for another PG has been going on for awhile.

Eh I doubt that. He'd walk away now if it was something that bad, sure he doesn't enjoy riding the bench and the criticism.

The talk about looking for another PG has been going on for awhile.

I've wondered the same thing about Trae. That's what made me think they might sign both Thompson and Owootoah.

I've wondered the same thing about Trae. That's what made me think they might sign both Thompson and Owootoah.

If the looking for a PG was random i'd put more stock into it, however this has been going on for awhile.

Terrence Samuel and Roddy Peters were both pursued and offered over the summer, so weve been trying to add someone for awhile.

We missed on both, and now that it's becoming more and more obvious that we need to add one, we're out looking at PGs and evaluating them again.

I agree with the lineup change for sure but we HAVE to address two areas right away....protecting possessions and making FTs last 5 minutes of the game....IMO has cost us three games this year !

I agree with the lineup change for sure but we HAVE to address two areas right away....protecting possessions and making FTs last 5 minutes of the game....IMO has cost us three games this year !

Agree. Our TO/per possession is very bad. The total number may not appear horrible, but for a lower possession team like we are it's brutal.

At this point, the main rotation should be:
McRae
Richardson
Yemi
Stokes
Golden
Moore
Reese

Kenny only limited minutes.

Agree. Our TO/per possession is very bad. The total number may not appear horrible, but for a lower possession team like we are it's brutal.

Moore didn't help those stats, but the last two games he's been excellent. As long as he doesn't turn the ball over, he needs to be playing.

VN Store

Back