Chip Kelly Vols coach in 2016?

Maybe Alabama will give up football and Saban will come here and Butch can coach the new Mens volleyball team. Or maybe Lou Holtz can come back and coach the Vols so we acn be number 20 school he put on probation(Sarcasm)Not much of a Butch supporter if you are hoping all this happens.God help Butch if he does great things here he will have to leave just to keep the Negavols happy

I'm a butch backer and hope things work out BUT IF....Butch and Chip are fired after year three at there new job I will be ecstatic if we hired Chip in 2016. One way or the other, things MUST get better around here. Really can not get much worse. Go Vols!

Butch Jones coach threw 2018, after winning back to back NC, Eagles fire Kelley and Jones goes there and leads Eagles back to back SUPERBOWLS, then he comes back here to get us going again.:)

Wait I know, lets say Gruden gets one of the remaining NFL jobs this year. Okay and lets say he doesn't work out and gets fired in 3 years. Perhaps his second failure in the NFL would humble him enough to be willing to coach college!!! We could have Gruden!!! Yay!!!:rolleyes:

I'm a butch backer and hope things work out BUT IF....Butch and Chip are fired after year three at there new job I will be ecstatic if we hired Chip in 2016. One way or the other, things MUST get better around here. Really can not get much worse. Go Vols!

Kelly will be back in the college game way before then.

do yourself a favor and delete this thread and come back in 3 years and then think about this and post if needed.:good!:

One of the most ignorant post in the history of message boards

Yes, but obviously the more important question is who will be coach after CBJ is fired in three years, Chip Kelley coaches for six, leaves UT and goes back to the NFL for his second try?

THEN, who will be the coach? That's the important question. And, I think well all know the answer:

Jon Gruden!

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, because maybe some of you have respected me to this point...

...But I actually had the same thought. I laughed when I logged in and saw this as the hottest thread. I support CBJ 100%, I think he is doing a good job thus far, and I think he will return us to relevance, but I still do not think he will bring us to national championship contention, and it is human nature to think of "What if?'s," especially from a realistic approach.

My Vol brethren, you are an impatient lot. Not all of you, but several of you. The Vols and the Eagles are very similar; both prestigious teams in a rut, picking up a new HC and hoping to be back in "The Game." Some of the best fan bases, but tired of the same ole' crap every season, getting beat by the same rivals, and rationalizing with themselves after every tragic short-coming. Three years, CBJ and CCK could be suffering from their third straight 'mediocre' season, and it would be very possible for CBJ to get the boot, and CCK to come striding in on his horse (or in this case, multi-million dollar jet) and take over an offense he's already familiar with, and return to a league that he has already proven himself in.

Tennessee's got the money. Nevertheless, hope for the best. I am all-in to the thought of us being National Champs in four years, with the start of a future legacy of Derrick Green, Vonn Bell, Marquez North, Carl Lawson, Reeves-Mabin, RF, and all of our other commits that want to stay true to the BEST DAMN PROGRAM IN THE NATION... with the "unworthy" and "unproven" and "third choice" bUTch JONES at the
helm.

But it's just amusing to think outside of the box, sometimes.

Exactly

It's a lock. Consider it a done deal.

If Saban is found to be a Satan worshipper and we hire a Wicken as AD, maybe we can hire Saban and sell our souls for an 11 win season...seems plausible to me...

This thread assumes that Chip Kelly will fail and not lead my Eagles to Super Bowl glory.

I do not care for this assumption.

...with that said, I approve of the end result.

Carry on.

VN Store

Back