Spike Lee NBA commercial (NBA loves UT)

OrangeHammer

-Lost In Da Sauce-
During the Knicks game a commercial with Spike Lee talking about a man he called "the King" and how amazing he was (eventually leading up to talking about who the next great Knick will be IE Carmelo). I just thought it was very cool and also an awesome representation of one of the greatest Vols of all time, Mr.Bernard King!!!

BernardKing.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
My dad was at UT when he played, loved watching him play Bball. Great NBA player, we don't have to many of those. Houston and wasn't there someone with B.K at Ut who was decent in NBA?

Thanks guys! I knew it, I just couldn't think of it. Sure am excited about Robert Hubbs coming in!

My dad was at UT when he played, loved watching him play Bball. Great NBA player, we don't have to many of those. Houston and wasn't there someone with B.K at Ut who was decent in NBA?

Ernie Grunfeld.

When UT played away, fans and others talked about taking "The Ernie & Bernie Show" on the road.

Johnny Darden, Mike Jackson, Ernie Grunfeld, Bernard King, and Johnson (can't think of first name) was the starting lineup. Those guys could play!

Johnny Darden, Mike Jackson, Ernie Grunfeld, Bernard King, and Johnson (can't think of first name) was the starting lineup. Those guys could play!
rodney woods was the pg when king and grunfield played the first season and second season with grunfield and mabey kings sophmore year too i know he graduated before kings last year at ut.woods was UT,s all time assist leader for alot of years so i think he played atleast 2 years with king.reggie johnson was a freshmen i think kings last year

Last edited:
Gotta add Scotty Hopson to that list of greats... oh wait, nevermind. My oh my what could have been..

Son, is that you? :) Heck, i was at UT during the Ernie and Bernie Show.

That would have been Reggie Johnson. Nice player.

Nice, OP.

Those boys could play some 'ball (Ernie, Bernie, & Reggie all First rd picks). With the legend, Coach Mears walking the sideline donning his fashionable Orange Blazer.

Last edited:
During the Knicks game a commercial with Spike Lee talking about a man he called "the King" and how amazing he was (eventually leading up to talking about who the next great Knick will be IE Carmelo). I just thought it was very cool and also an awesome representation of one of the greatest Vols of all time, Mr.Bernard King!!!

BernardKing.jpg

Good old days The Ernie and Bernie Show and a show it was.:lolabove:

The thing I liked best about Bernie is that he vowed that he would never again lose to KY after his first game at Rump Arena. He and the Vols kept that promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Did anybody venture down to the Omni in Atlanta for the No. 1 vs No.2 matchup with the Bruins. I was there! Helluva a game. I think UCLA had Marques Johnson, David Green and I can't remember the rest of their team. UCLA flat out shot lights out in the game. They probably hit 75% in first half and mostly from outside. The Big O was getting killed until last 5 minutes or so then Michael Jackson started ringing the bell. It eventually got down 5 or so in the last minute. Heckuva comback! I'm wanting to say that Terry Crosby was Jackson's backup on the wing. If that is who it was, I believe he had a tryout for the Packers as a tightend. Go Big O. Those were the days!! :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
For those that collect autographs, you can get King's auto fairly cheap (depending on the card) on ebay. His latest autos almost suggest something going on healthwise though. His auto is a wreck.

VN Store

Back