The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

i don't know if i see LA being able to do it again this year. the rangers have a lot of talent but play a tough schedule. edmonton is my choice to surprise a lot of people this year, although it shouldn't be a surprise with the young talent they have stockpiled

which is going to be the key. everyone is going to expect that but if their goaltending and defense step up they could sneak up on a lot of teams real quick

san jose is another one of those teams that just seems to be there hanging out just for the sake of being there, not to win anything

The problem has always been the star players having trouble with the harder defenses in the playoffs. Only Pavelski shows up in April, Marleau needs to be shown the door.

I'm interested to hear the back story as to why Burke got fired now, rather than last summer, or after the seaon?

They were making some strides, and he'd gotten them out of salary hell. I wonder if its in regards to not wanting to trade anything for Bobby Lou?

I'm interested to hear the back story as to why Burke got fired now, rather than last summer, or after the seaon?

They were making some strides, and he'd gotten them out of salary hell. I wonder if its in regards to not wanting to trade anything for Bobby Lou?

If that is the case then thats a huge mistake.

If that is the case then thats a huge mistake.

Seems like it might be. I just don't see any benefit to paying much for Lu, sure, he can play but you're taking him for a decade. I'd give Jimmy Reimer one last fair shot, and move on after the season if he doesn't markedly improve.

Seems like it might be. I just don't see any benefit to paying much for Lu, sure, he can play but you're taking him for a decade. I'd give Jimmy Reimer one last fair shot, and move on after the season if he doesn't markedly improve.

Don't they have someone in the Marlies that is a stud? Why waste money on a guy who hasn't got it done.

They've got a kid from Finland who they're high on, and Garret Sparks is probably going to get a cup of coffee up from the OHL to see if he can cut it.

But you're right, in that there's bigger issues there than goaltending, but they're also at a weird spot. For a bad team, they're pretty dang old. I would keep the prospects and picks. personally. Vancouver should really hold Luongo for a few months to see if anyone gets really desperate, and I figure they will do that. But also, as Toronto is prone to do, they might trade the kitchen sink for him for the sake of doing something.

Rangers leadership group made lines for today's practice
Nash/Richards/Gaborik
Hagelin/Stepan/Callahan
Pyatt/Boyle/Kreider

I can live with that

Rangers leadership group made lines for today's practice
Nash/Richards/Gaborik
Hagelin/Stepan/Callahan
Pyatt/Boyle/Kreider

I can live with that

You think? Now of you have a little defense to help SuperSwede, that is going to be tough for the East.

I was giving goals like this up on NHL13 last night after too many beers
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD_Q6_EIDlc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YouTube]

And Wade Redden is a Blue, Guy was a victim of that awful contract, but I think he'll do well. He's a good pro, for the price I think he'll be a good 7th Dman

VN Store

Back