#Team117

Coach Punk

I’m not actually a coach
Lab Rat
Some new lingo from a new staff: Meet Tennessee's #Team117

Saw it on Twitter (thus, the hashtag):
Michael Bajakian ‏@UTCoachJake
VOL NATION #team117 is working hard to rise to the top. The support of our fans is helping us get there #VFL #GBO #VOLNATION

I hadn’t seen this discussed and thought I’d point it out as something they are doing to help focus team unity on the 2013 squad.

Reactions: 1 person
I find that odd since in 1990 the Homecoming theme as Cheers to 100 years. Now I know that UT didn't field teams during the World Wars but I would have thought UT would be in the 120's.

Maybe they deleted the Dooley tenure from the official record books.

Reactions: 12 people
Rutgers and Princeton are actually the oldest NCAAF teams, they played the first college football game in Piscataway, NJ

Not to start an argument but I always laugh when people play the "history and tradition" cards. All programs are Rutgers' and Princeton's b*tches when it comes to history.

I find that odd since in 1990 the Homecoming theme as Cheers to 100 years. Now I know that UT didn't field teams during the World Wars but I would have thought UT would be in the 120's.

1990 was 100 years since we started playing. Wasn't there only one year in WWII no football was played?

This years team #Team117
Master Chief #spartan117

Could it be possible????? :p

Wut ?

th

Anything that gets our guys pumped up, focused and commited to doing the work to make themselves much better is fine with me.

The Big Orange #117 team is on the move!

Go bUTch!!!

GBO!!!

VFL!!!

Anything that gets our guys pumped up, focused and commited to doing the work to make themselves much better is fine with me.

The Big Orange #117 team is on the move!

Go bUTch!!!

GBO!!!

VFL!!!

How about t-shirts that say, "Fired up, Focused, and Prepared"....Never mind. Although 2006 looks pretty good now.

"Tennessee did not have an officially sanctioned team in 1894-1895, but a student team did represent the university and played games.

[There was] no team in 1898.

Tennessee did not have an officially sanctioned team in 1917-1918, but a team was formed that did (unofficially) represent the university and play games -- some of which are counted by other major teams.

[Finally, there was no] team in 1943 due to WW-II" (All-Time Records for Tennessee). Hopefully, that clears things up.

Reactions: 2 people
"Tennessee did not have an officially sanctioned team in 1894-1895, but a student team did represent the university and played games.

[There was] no team in 1898.

Tennessee did not have an officially sanctioned team in 1917-1918, but a team was formed that did (unofficially) represent the university and play games -- some of which are counted by other major teams.

[Finally, there was no] team in 1943 due to WW-II" (All-Time Records for Tennessee). Hopefully, that clears things up.

That clears it up quite nicely. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back