Chip Kelly new Eagles coach

I mean this in the right way but given our current talent UO could sleep walk into a 10-2 season this year. Which may be likely. The future is a bit less clear however in regards to recruits. As good as Kelly was we still had issues getting recruits to UO (hence the uni's and $25K checks).

serious question: why don't you just refer to yourselves as O? makes sense with your O track logo

Vick, Foles, Jackson, Maclin, Cooper, and Avant are (initially) jumping for joy!

Interesting to see how CK's schemes transition to next level.

Reactions: 1 person
I was an Eagles fan since the early 70's until the TITANS came along... So this is pretty good news for me on both ends, I always said if Tennessee ever got a pro team I would pull for them, and I will always pull for the Eagles as a second team!!!!:clapping:

Kelly made their program what it is, so I think it does help
I hear this repeatedly, even from some Ducks fans, and I don't get it at all.

Brooks took the program from awful to mediocre, Belotti made the program nationally recognized and Kelly made them borderline powerhouse.

Kelly's timing here is going to hurt with this recruiting class to an extent, but there's already a tradition of success in place and its one of the two best-funded football programs in the country. Oregon will be fine.

And the transition to another system will be fine as well, going from Kelly to Petersen would be only slightly more of a change than was Belotti to Kelly.

This makes the Cowboys hire of Monte Kiffin look even worse.

81900_o.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Those pro guys are going to tell Kelly where to stick it if he try's to run a play every 26 seconds. That will be interesting.

I think Kelly is a great coach and did great things for Oregon but I've always looked at OU and other PAC 12 schools as middle tier. Where are the NC's? The SEC has blazed a trail of NC's that I don't think will necessarily stop anytime soon. We add Texas A & M and Missouri and the PAC-12 adds Colorado and Utah. Kiffin is a great recruiter but you don't have to be all that awesome to recruit California. USC had a horrible year with all those 4 and 5 stars they recruited--proving what we've known about Kiffin all along.I'd say the PAC-12 bottom dwellers are worse then the the SEC's. When's the last time Colorado was relevant in football?

Last edited:
I think Kelly is a great coach and did great things for Oregon but I've always looked at OU and other PAC 12 schools as middle tier. Where are the NC's? The SEC has blazed a trail of NC's that I don't think will necessarily stop anytime soon. We add Texas A & M and Missouri and the PAC-12 adds Colorado and Utah. Kiffin is a great recruiter but you don't have to be all that awesome to recruit California. USC had a horrible year with all those 4 and 5 stars they recruited--proving what we've known about Kiffin all along.I'd say the PAC-12 bottom dwellers are worse then the the SEC's. When's the last time Colorado was relevant in football?
Let's be frank 20+ years ago Pac 10 fb was irrelevant beyond USC, some UCLA teams (and a few UW under James). Can't deny the SEC's history and the fact that the brunt of stud players are farther east imo. Oregon has been a work in progress. They were a perennial loser. It took Rich Brooks 20 years to go from 3-8 yearly averages to 6-5. Bellotti averaged 8-3 and eventually 9-2 teams. CK took it the next step in his short time. I went from hoping to see UO in the Rose Bowl, to wondering if I'll ever see them in a NC. Now with Kelly gone I can pass those two along to my son. :)

Those pro guys are going to tell Kelly where to stick it if he try's to run a play every 26 seconds. That will be interesting.

Just like what they did to Belichick this year?

The Patriots snapped the ball every 24.9 seconds this past year. Oregon snapped the ball every 20.9 seconds under Kelly.

He may not succeed as a NFL head coach, but New England has proved that a fast tempo can work.

Let's be frank 20+ years ago Pac 10 fb was irrelevant beyond USC, some UCLA teams (and a few UW under James). Can't deny the SEC's history and the fact that the brunt of stud players are farther east imo. Oregon has been a work in progress. They were a perennial loser. It took Rich Brooks 20 years to go from 3-8 yearly averages to 6-5. Bellotti averaged 8-3 and eventually 9-2 teams. CK took it the next step in his short time. I went from hoping to see UO in the Rose Bowl, to wondering if I'll ever see them in a NC. Now with Kelly gone I can pass those two along to my son. :)

... and still is... :whistling:

Just like what they did to Belichick this year?

The Patriots snapped the ball every 24.9 seconds this past year. Oregon snapped the ball every 20.9 seconds under Kelly.

He may not succeed as a NFL head coach, but New England has proved that a fast tempo can work.

Good point. Bill B has earned players respect. Kelly is nobody right now. Apples to Oranges JMO

VN Store

Back