Chris Lofton

Was great to see him there. Will probably always be my favorite Vol bball player. Just a class act. I'll never forget the shot he drilled over Durant, as well as the last time UT won at Rupp. He lit them up that night and I was there to see it.

Yes, I remember the last time that we won at Rupp!

I sure miss Billy Gillespie. Wish he were still the coach at U.K. We could always count on a win against U.K., when he was the coach there.

I also miss Ron Zook at Florida. Wish he were still Florida's coach. We haven't been able to beat Florida since he left.

I also miss Mike Shula, Mike DuBose & Dennis Franchoni and wish they still coached at Alabama.....

Hands down my favorite Vol of all time, any sport, any time, Lofton and Pearl made me fall in love, Martin is making the love a little tough, but I am all VOL basketball!

Gotta have some serious respect for this guy. Listed at an overzealous 6-2, dude was straight up cold-blooded with it.

Best contested shot maker I've ever seen. Ice.Water.In.Veins.

He played with no fear; He had the heart, the want to. I Loved his game.

Two-time second team All-America, 2006 SEC Player of the Year.

Led team in scoring 53 times from his sophomore-senior season.

Ranks fourth in the NCAA all-time with 431 3-pointers, while his 3-pt % (42) Is higher than anyone else in the top-15.

Career Averages

Ppg: 16.6

Assists: 1.7

Steals: 1.5

Boards: 3.3

FG %: 45

3-point %: 42

FT %: 84

Sr year at Georgia, might have been Jr year, single-handedly beat them. Dude couldn't miss and Georgia was all over him. Hadn't been that excited listening to a radio broadcast in a long time.

Both him and Dale Ellis are my two favorite basketball vols.

Bruce didn't hurt UT any more than Calipari hurt Memphis (or KY). The difference being selective enforcement by the feculent ncaa goons.

Lofton's kiss high off the glass to seal the win and pretty much the SEC title against Ky was a thing of beauty. Ky came in without Patterson and played UT closer than what people expected. My how things change.

Special player, college basketball won't see another player like Lofton for a while. Wish he could've played his senior year at 100%.

Special player, college basketball won't see another player like Lofton for a while. Wish he could've played his senior year at 100%.

Wish they played him at point guard also -- bring it down and shoot it -- whats he doing these days ?

I still wish he would've redshirted.... it wasn't like he lost a step. He went to europe and averaged like 24.6 ppg or something his rookie year over there.

Last I heard, he was still playing overseas. BTO may know more though.

He was signed to a Spanish team last year, but got injured and I didn't hear much more about him. He has bounced around a number of teams over there. He was sitting behind UT's bench the other night.

VN Store

Back